IGNORED

The FA Cup Thread

22A

20 minutes ago, myol'man said:

FA CUP Preliminary round last night 

Brislington 0 Cadbury Heath 2

Limited number of spectators allowed. 

Did anyone on here go?

Shame. The FA cup game against Weston away a few years ago is one of my favourite football memories of the last few years!  

8 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I went to the football last weekend here in Germany in the lower leagues. 

Have to sit 4 seats away from the person you're with (this rule was broken by many people), wear masks up until you're in the seat etc.

All the usual outside things such as food stalls which are common place in lower german football wasn't there. 

Capacity was maybe 300 max, probably even less

Might just me but doesn’t feel right at all - either it comes back properly or I’m not bothered. Wearing mask to seat, no usual stuff like away fans and chanting etc. Being packed in to a ground that’s pretty full feels right not this.

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Might just me but doesn’t feel right at all - either it comes back properly or I’m not bothered. Wearing mask to seat, no usual stuff like away fans and chanting etc. Being packed in to a ground that’s pretty full feels right not this.

No masks etc needed to watch non league football here, nothing really feels any different except for the two metre social distancing. I watched several games in the last two weeks, no issues whatsoever, I’m going out to watch a pre season friendly game now, can’t wait. 

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

No masks etc needed to watch non league football here, nothing really feels any different except for the two metre social distancing. I watched several games in the last two weeks, no issues whatsoever, I’m going out to watch a pre season friendly game now, can’t wait. 

Not keen on friendlies or the SD but all the rest of it appeals so will be going to some non-league games rather than a 30% City ones.

Not that local for most of you, but a few former teammates of mine at Corsham played in the FA cup for the first time in 8 years last night

2-0 down and down to 10 men with 10 minutes to go, then the FA Cup magic kicked in. Clawed it back to 2-2, then 3 saves in a row from the keeper won them the game. Incredible.

Assume they'll get in trouble for the scenes after though, can't be having a 50+ man pitch invasion in this current situation ?‍♂️

Pretty good quality of highlights footage too

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Assume they'll get in trouble for the scenes after though, can't be having a 50+ man pitch invasion in this current situation ?‍♂️

What a game that looked like. Their first goal wasn’t a foul but nice free kick. 2nd was off the pitch. Seemed a lot of moaning about ref but then he played good advantage for the equaliser.

For clubs like that you can’t blame them for that pitch invasion - all about moments like that. 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not that local for most of you, but a few former teammates of mine at Corsham played in the FA cup for the first time in 8 years last night

2-0 down and down to 10 men with 10 minutes to go, then the FA Cup magic kicked in. Clawed it back to 2-2, then 3 saves in a row from the keeper won them the game. Incredible.

Pretty good quality of highlights footage too

Have to say Well done to Corsham for putting that highlights package together, I just cringe at the mess we'd make of trying to do something similar, really great with all the different camera angles too.

Two really odd things during the shootout 

At the start there's a photographer on the edge of the penalty area for the first few penalties, then he's suddenly vanished 

But WTF was the ref doing blowing the full-time whistle when only half the kicks had been taken 

Have to also give credit to the Corsham keeper, he looked like he'd just been pulled out of the stands by the size of him, but he made some really great saves, the only fault was his starting position for the first goal 

Best of luck to Corsham in the next round 

As for the fans on the pitch, won't be a problem. Just exuberance and excited celebrating, no worse than will be seen all through the competition all season 

Out of interest will all drawn games go straight to penalties? 

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have to say Well done to Corsham for putting that highlights package together, I just cringe at the mess we'd make of trying to do something similar, really great with all the different camera angles too.

Two really odd things during the shootout 

At the start there's a photographer on the edge of the penalty area for the first few penalties, then he's suddenly vanished 

But WTF was the ref doing blowing the full-time whistle when only half the kicks had been taken 

Have to also give credit to the Corsham keeper, he looked like he'd just been pulled out of the stands by the size of him, but he made some really great saves, the only fault was his starting position for the first goal 

Best of luck to Corsham in the next round 

As for the fans on the pitch, won't be a problem. Just exuberance and excited celebrating, no worse than will be seen all through the competition all season 

Out of interest will all drawn games go straight to penalties? 

He is a big lad, used to be much bigger then lost a lot and has put a bit back on. Very athletic for his size though, one of the best keepers I've played with and would probably play higher if he looked more like a footballer IMO

I went to watch Roman Glass St George v Flackwell Heath tonight, pretty even game all in all. Flackwell won 2-1 with a wonderful free kick into the box met with a good header late into second half. St George had a stone wall penalty turned down about 10 mins earlier for handball. I asked lino at the next corner why it was turned down and he said cos his hands were by his side, I replied yes but the ball stuck to his hand for about 5 seconds,after that, like Spider-Man!!! He looked at floor and ran off 

I went to see Keynsham v Exmouth (145 there). The club had a temperature check and hand sanitiser at the entrance; they also had a fairly long queue to work through too. I stood at the wall with a two metre distance between other spectators and didn't look in to the clubhouse. The food hut was open too. It seemed pretty consistent with the regulations.

The game was not one that Keynsham managed to get much of a grip on and the visitors went into the half 2-0 up. Better in the second but the one consolation was soon cancelled by a third for Exmouth.

It was great to be at an actual game again. Was it really over five months since? Looking forward to the Saturday fixtures now, and what seems to be a good couple of months of local football.

On 03/09/2020 at 13:58, myol'man said:

Any good?

Many there?

Sid

Was a decent game. Both teams created a fair amount of chances with Heath keeper pulling off some good saves and Heath being a little unfortunate with blocks and woodwork. 

221 there which was good to see. 

Just watched Bridgwater v Bitton, Bitton won 3-2.

Bridgwater were 2-0 up at h/t, but even then you could see that Bitton were dominant and it was just a matter of time before they got back in it. They were a class above. Two Bridgwater players sent off in the last 2 minutes, their discipline record is shocking.

On 19/08/2020 at 05:21, Portland Bill said:

It’s been announced today that from step 3 and below ( Southern league etc)  fans will be allowed back in to the grounds ?

There will be new FA and government guidance regarding this, published tomorrow 

Arhhh, for a moment there, when you said step 3, I thought a trip down to Home Park would be nice. But I do believe you mean somewhere deep down in the lower echelons. What a shame.

I can't really figure out why the players can all hug each other and exchange the occasional bodily fluid when we, the mere proletariat, have to lock down like rabid dogs. We will all look back on this episode on our lives and think we were sold a con for the financial benefit of the few and the Lutheran view of de-population. Most now just accept it with a shrug without self learning the real statistics, the real true nature of the falsity of both the diagnosis and the testing. Arhhhhh yes. 

@22Ahope you don’t mind me putting this up?
1st round qualifying draw today featuring our West Country sides.

Basingstoke or Chichester v Cribbs.       Cowes Sports v WSM.                          Taunton Town v Wantage Town.             Larkhall Athletic v Bitton.                   Yate Town v Bristol Manor Farm.         Frome Town v A.F.C. Stoneham            Swindon Supermarine v Shepton Mallet.                                                  Winchester City v Clevedon Town.       Saltash Utd v Cirencester Town.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

@22Ahope you don’t mind me putting this up?
1st round qualifying draw today featuring our West Country sides.

Basingstoke or Chichester v Cribbs.       Cowes Sports v WSM.                          Taunton Town v Wantage Town.             Larkhall Athletic v Bitton.                   Yate Town v Bristol Manor Farm.         Frome Town v A.F.C. Stoneham            Swindon Supermarine v Shepton Mallet.                                                  Winchester City v Clevedon Town.       Saltash Utd v Cirencester Town.

Forgot to say, fixtures to be played Monday 21st September through to Thursday 24th September. . 

Archived