IGNORED

The FA Cup Thread

22A

• Admin
5 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

But how is that fair on lower league clubs, why not every club can postpone 1 fixture. As I said one rule for league sides and one for non league.

Earlier rounds were closer together I guess? 

It wasn't sprung on anyone all clubs entering were made aware of rule changes 

18 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

But how is that fair on lower league clubs, why not every club can postpone 1 fixture. As I said one rule for league sides and one for non league.

I assume there wasn't enough time between games. Have you seen the non-league fixture lists? Already playing Saturday-Tuesday every week, assuming they'd have to isolate for a period of time because of no testing at that level then I dont think the FA could make room for a 1-2 week delay on games being played

40 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I assume there wasn't enough time between games. Have you seen the non-league fixture lists? Already playing Saturday-Tuesday every week, assuming they'd have to isolate for a period of time because of no testing at that level then I dont think the FA could make room for a 1-2 week delay on games being played

But the 2nd round is the 28th so if they have to take 2 weeks off now then that’s league and EFL Trophy fixtures to rearrange as well as FA Cup.
I help out with a non league side in Manchester and know how congested the fixture is now but August there where no league fixtures in non league and they still had to forfeit could easily have been arranged. 

Just no consistency over all the competitions

FA Trophy Yate have to forfeit due to Covid 

FA Vase clubs can call games off due to Covid and rearrange for later date. 

EFL Cup Leyton Orient had to forfeit against Tottenham.

Why not same rule for all competitions.

The FA Cup is the main money earner for some clubs but with the FA halving prize fund and then saying no rearrangement for lower league clubs they have killed there revenue sources.

3 hours ago, One Team said:

It’s the 3rd round draw tomorrow night at around 7pm, we are ball number 9.

It feels like it has less meaning looking forward to a big tie given we can’t go.

It’d be typical if we get the Gas of course! 

Was thinking the same. All those years hoping to get a draw so I can tick certain grounds off the list. Watch us get one now no one can go

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

As long as we avoid a non-league side I`m happy. We need to maintain our proud record of never being knocked out by one (I don`t count Spurs in about 1908 when they were in the Southern League) unlike some clubs who make a habit of it.

Crewe were non league when they won 3-0 at AG in 1911. 

As for who we draw, at least it won't be Gillingham!

Sorry didnt word the other post very well.

I meant before this started, i mean, ive seen, leauge, euro, and international behind closed doors, pre covid, but dont recall fa cup.

Well, that was a cracking performance at stockport in the fa cup bs3, i daresay one of the best ive seen following city.

Wouldnt liverpool in the 4th be better, with a slim chance of spectating?

Archived