IGNORED

The FA Cup Thread

22A

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we play anything like our normal team of late, I can see no way how they’d be favourites.

1 defeat in last 5 for Pompey, 1 win in last 5 for City, they are a league lower but their form is better than ours, we need to be up for this, they will be, could be a tough afternoon, our record against lower league sides isn't great in recent times, hopefully we will smash them and get our season back on track ?

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we play anything like our normal team of late, I can see no way how they’d be favourites.

Recent results suggest they should be favourites. We struggled to beat a league one side in waiting.

Just now, Clevedon Red said:

I trust that’s a tongue-in-cheek response. 

Must be!

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

1 defeat in last 5 for Pompey, 1 win in last 5 for City, they are a league lower but their form is better than ours, we need to be up for this, they will be, could be a tough afternoon, our record against lower league sides isn't great in recent times, hopefully we will smash them and get our season back on track ?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

53 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

I trust that’s a tongue-in-cheek response. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

41 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

??????.

I’m not saying it’s an easy game, far from it, as Weepywall suggests, but City, a division above, at home, even out form are favourites.  I didn’t suggest odds-on favourites, that’s very different.

What may change is the odds ahead of kick off as teams are announced, but there is a reason every bookie has us as favourites the evening before a game.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What may change is the odds ahead of kick off as teams are announced, but there is a reason every bookie has us as favourites the evening before a game.

They haven’t watched our last ten games!?!

Seriously though, I get what you’re saying Dave but if someone told me I had to back one or the other, I would personally be backing Portsmouth!! ?

I hope I’m wrong cause I know a few Portsmouth fans and I’m in for some shit it if they turn us over!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

??????.

I’m not saying it’s an easy game, far from it, as Weepywall suggests, but City, a division above, at home, even out form are favourites.  I didn’t suggest odds-on favourites, that’s very different.

The Bookies had Exeter favs for the game against Sheff Wed and as you know two divisions apart. 

The fact that you can get 6/4 on us winning at home against a lower league side tells you the bookies think an away win is more than likley in their opinion.

1 minute ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

You can watch the City match here:

https://daddylive.club/stream/stream-12.php 

Starts right at KO

Put your ad-blocker on - you will need to block a pop-up or two before the volume / full screen option comes on.

Never had any virus issues.

You can watch it on FA Player.

Not sure why this was merged, not very helpful from the mods.

35 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

You can watch the City match here:

https://daddylive.club/stream/stream-12.php 

Starts right at KO

Put your ad-blocker on - you will need to block a pop-up or two before the volume / full screen option comes on.

Never had any virus issues.

Cheers

Daddy Live Club always sounds a bit odd to me though 

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

The Bookies had Exeter favs for the game against Sheff Wed and as you know two divisions apart. 

The fact that you can get 6/4 on us winning at home against a lower league side tells you the bookies think an away win is more than likley in their opinion.

More than likely?  Or reasonably possible?  The fact that The shortest odds are on a city win, says that the bookies think the more likely result is a City win.  Now we as fans know different! ?

39 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Is there any way of watching the game through a smart TV through the app?

You can cast your tablet to your smart tv, or is your smart tv has a modern internet browser (e.g. Samsung Q series), then you can play it directly through that...and better quality than Robinstv.

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yep that’s fair enough - it’s been clear that playing in empty stadia has pretty much eradicated ‘home advantage’ - and it has also allowed players to try things without fear of being barracked from the stands - and it has thrown up some incredible results -  I’m really not sure that Man Utd 1 Spurs 6 and Man City 2 Leicester City 5, etc, would have happened in a ‘normal’ season with huge home crowds ... I could be wrong ...

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

More than likely?  Or reasonably possible?  The fact that The shortest odds are on a city win, says that the bookies think the more likely result is a City win.  Now we as fans know different! ?

You can cast your tablet to your smart tv, or is your smart tv has a modern internet browser (e.g. Samsung Q series), then you can play it directly through that...and better quality than Robinstv.

It has a browser. So is that just through the FA’s website of is there a specific one to stream from?

Search for FA player on your browser ... 

Will need to sign up for an account - can use your FAN number if have one (ie if england member) and can remember your password!

Did a trial run yesterday and it worked OK - although couldn't get it full screen on TV (even when click on option bottom right it doesn't fit the whole screen)

• The title was changed to FA Cup 3rd Round (Pompey game is live on FA Player)
2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I’ve tried finding the Fa player app on my android tv, not coming in up in the search. Strange - must be not compatible 

Does your tv have its own web browser.  Mine does (Samsung Q - uses Tizen browser) and it plays 1080.

17 hours ago, weepywall said:

1 defeat in 9 away games......I am not feeling optimistic ?

3 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Search for FA player on your browser ... 

Will need to sign up for an account - can use your FAN number if have one (ie if england member) and can remember your password!

Did a trial run yesterday and it worked OK - although couldn't get it full screen on TV (even when click on option bottom right it doesn't fit the whole screen)

I’ve used an a Fire Stick and then used their Browser - clicked the full screen option and that worked well.

Archived