IGNORED

The FA Cup Thread

22A

• Admin

BBC will no doubt show Manchester United Vs West Ham.

Looks like games will be played the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But no indication if more than one game per night. 

Can't imagine BBC showing more than one live game so guess the rest depends on BT Sport 

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

BBC will no doubt show Manchester United Vs West Ham.

Looks like games will be played the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But no indication if more than one game per night. 

Can't imagine BBC showing more than one live game so guess the rest depends on BT Sport 

It's quite handy with BBC sport being just down the road!

• The title was changed to Our cup game against Sheff Utd is live on BBC iPlayer
  • Admin

How to follow the FA Cup fifth round

Tuesday, 9 February (all times GMT)

Burnley v Bournemouth (17:30) - BT Sport 1

Manchester United v West Ham United (19:30) – BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website

Wednesday, 10 February

Swansea City v Manchester City (17:30) - BT Sport 1

Sheffield United v Bristol City (19:30) - BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website

Leicester City v Brighton & Hove Albion (19:30) - BT Sport 2

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (20:15) - BT Sport 1

Thursday, 11 February

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Southampton (17:30) - BT Sport 1

Barnsley v Chelsea (20:00) - BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website

Tuesday 9 February
Burnley vs Bournemouth – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Man Utd vs West Ham – 7.30pm on BBC One

Wednesday 10 February
Swansea vs Man City – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Leicester vs Brighton – 7.30pm on BT Sport 2
Sheff Utd vs Bristol City – 7.30pm on BBC iPlayer
Everton vs Tottenham – 8.15pm on BT Sport 1

Thursday 11 February
Wolverhampton vs Southampton – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Barnsley vs Chelsea – 7.30pm on BBC One

Hopefully  Sheff United will field a weakened team ,they have had one one day's rest less and they won't fancy taking on the mighty Red Army .

I for one are genuinely optimistic, however on the downside beat this lot and it's bound to be Burnley away

22 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Tuesday 9 February
Burnley vs Bournemouth – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Man Utd vs West Ham – 7.30pm on BBC One

Wednesday 10 February
Swansea vs Man City – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Leicester vs Brighton – 7.30pm on BT Sport 2
Sheff Utd vs Bristol City – 7.30pm on BBC iPlayer
Everton vs Tottenham – 8.15pm on BT Sport 1

Thursday 11 February
Wolverhampton vs Southampton – 5.30pm on BT Sport 1
Barnsley vs Chelsea – 7.30pm on BBC One

Hopefully  Sheff United will field a weakened team ,they have had one one day's rest less and they won't fancy taking on the mighty Red Army .

I for one are genuinely optimistic, however on the downside beat this lot and it's bound to be Burnley away

So does that mean we are bbc red button ?

Might be being a bit thick here... 

But what does on BBC iplayer actually mean..? 

iplayer is basically catch up TV, so where on iplayer will we find this..? Don't you usually watch one of the BBC channels, via iplayer? In which case, which channel..? 

Only so I'm not frantically searching for it at kick off.... 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

iplayer is basically catch up TV, so where on iplayer will we find this..? Don't you usually watch one of the BBC channels, via iplayer? In which case, which channel..? 

Red button basically

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I believe the match will come up as a 'live' option if you load up iPlayer once the broadcast has started (no idea when that will be, 15 minutes before kickoff maybe?).

Although, as plenty of people seem to think it, I guess the red button will do the job as well.

Isn't it funny, it's all very low key these strange days . Back in the day,we would have been all over this,it would have been on a Saturday, and we would have traveled in thousands (yes sags, we actually do/did that ) I guess the cup has lost a lot of its sparkle over the years..............and we can't even go to WEMBELEY ! :grr:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I believe the match will come up as a 'live' option if you load up iPlayer once the broadcast has started (no idea when that will be, 15 minutes before kickoff maybe?).

Although, as plenty of people seem to think it, I guess the red button will do the job as well.

Yes, although iPlayer is predominantly catch up, you can watch live stuff too, inc the normal BBC channels.

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Isn't it funny, it's all very low key these strange days . Back in the day,we would have been all over this,it would have been on a Saturday, and we would have traveled in thousands (yes sags, we actually do/did that ) I guess the cup has lost a lot of its sparkle over the years..............and we can't even go to WEMBELEY ! :grr:

We would've run a train, or two, to this one. It would arrive late, it would smell of first alcohol then piss, Beryl would run out of cheese and onion rolls, the heating would not work, and it would stop somewhere miserable in the Midlands for hours for no apparent reason until we discover that someone has done something psychotic like throw a knife at a child in a pram waiting at a station, or set the engine alight, resulting in West Mids plod stepping aboard to truncheon a few and drag them off to a waiting Black Mariah, to the ambient notes of barking plod Alsatians. And we'd lose, 0:1. 

Those were the days...

50 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We would've run a train, or two, to this one. It would arrive late, it would smell of first alcohol then piss, Beryl would run out of cheese and onion rolls, the heating would not work, and it would stop somewhere miserable in the Midlands for hours for no apparent reason until we discover that someone has done something psychotic like throw a knife at a child in a pram waiting at a station, or set the engine alight, resulting in West Mids plod stepping aboard to truncheon a few and drag them off to a waiting Black Mariah, to the ambient notes of barking plod Alsatians. And we'd lose, 0:1. 

Those were the days...

You've obviously been on "Beryl's trains" you forgot the WMP telling us all that the game was off anyway, even though we were listening to it on someone's radio !  ?

• Admin
6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

iPlayer is available all the time, probably best for people to understand how to find it sooner rather than later as the very first time you access it you have to set up an account to show you are in the UK and TV licence payer

On SkyQ it is within the apps option

As mentioned elsewhere there is an option for "live", but you may have to select "sport" from the options along the top of the page

20210209_163024.jpg

20210209_163059.jpg

4 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Those were the days...

Dont forget getting trapped and surrounded in that pub, up from the station, and get marched to the ground missing the first 15 minutes (for own own safety)

Archived