IGNORED

The Lee Johnson Thread (Merged)

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Job for...... Lee?

Unlikely, they hardly have a reputation of keeping managers for any length of time & with a likely losing streak to happen in the first few months, it’ll hardly give him time to implement the improvements that he’d wish to do (and they probably require).

Are Sunderland still looking for new buyers? If so I don’t think LJ would take it either knowing that he could easily be replaced should a new owner be found.

But if they were to actually decide that enough was enough of sacking managers so frequently, then LJ would be a good choice, with BW already there as well, he’d have someone he can trust in the squad.

40 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Unlikely, they hardly have a reputation of keeping managers for any length of time & with a likely losing streak to happen in the first few months, it’ll hardly give him time to implement the improvements that he’d wish to do (and they probably require).

Are Sunderland still looking for new buyers? If so I don’t think LJ would take it either knowing that he could easily be replaced should a new owner be found.

But if they were to actually decide that enough was enough of sacking managers so frequently, then LJ would be a good choice, with BW already there as well, he’d have someone he can trust in the squad.

Think of the pay off!

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Shame Cotts hadn't waited just a bit longer.

Sunderland would be type of club that he could definitely have won promotion with..........Shrewsbury - I'm not so sure.

As for LJ......he's hanging on for a PL job isn't he??

I think you`re right - he would have sorted them out for sure. As for LJ, given where he lives, I`m surprised he wasn`t linked with Shrews (their fans seem to think Cotts was lined up long before Ricketts was sacked though - mates with someone high up at the club or something)

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Early betting has LJ 6th at 16-1.

Gus Poyet early favourite to make a return!

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/26763514

Kevin Phillips! Whatever makes the bookies feel he even wants the job let alone is able to do it? 

Probably just a carrot to get Mackems to lump on him out of hope!

27 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Shame Cotts hadn't waited just a bit longer.

Sunderland would be type of club that he could definitely have won promotion with..........Shrewsbury - I'm not so sure.

As for LJ......he's hanging on for a PL job isn't he??

Cotts has been there as assistant manager to Howard Wilkinson, he very oddly left as manager of Stoke after 13 games to become an assistant. That lasted 27 games before they were sacked after just 2 wins. 

I don’t think he’d be top of Sunderland fans list 

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think you`re right - he would have sorted them out for sure. As for LJ, given where he lives, I`m surprised he wasn`t linked with Shrews (their fans seem to think Cotts was lined up long before Ricketts was sacked though - mates with someone high up at the club or something)

I can assure  you they wouldn't  of had cott's  back.

12 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Fans have no say in appts, they only use social media to try an have some say in managers leaving 

Cotts is beeter of at Shrews where he can stay south. Lj will get a much better job than Sunderland. He left a club secure in the Championship and will look upwards, like you and I would. 

He can look upward, but doesn’t mean he’ll get a better job than City does it?  He didn’t leave, ultimately he was relieved of his duties for failing to meet the objectives set.  You make it sound like it was his decision.

14 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Cotts has been there as assistant manager to Howard Wilkinson, he very oddly left as manager of Stoke after 13 games to become an assistant. That lasted 27 games before they were sacked after just 2 wins. 

I don’t think he’d be top of Sunderland fans list 

The Wilkinson/Cotts tenure included this gem from February 1st 2003, when the Black Cats scored THREE own goals in seven minutes at home against Charlton.

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Fans have no say in appts, they only use social media to try an have some say in managers leaving 

Cotts is beeter of at Shrews where he can stay south. Lj will get a much better job than Sunderland. He left a club secure in the Championship and will look upwards, like you and I would. 

LJ looking upward, there's a joke in there somewhere I just can't think what it is at the moment. 

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I’m sure Lee thinks this might be an ideal job for him, but I don’t think Sunderland think Lee is the ideal manager for them 

I’m not sure why not. He has both League 1 and Championship experience. It didn’t end well for him & us, but there were some good times, and he made us a solid championship club. 

Lee Johnson in at 1/7 to be appointed their next manager. 

Now we know with Hughton/Gerrard odds don't necessarily mean that someones getting it, but had a quick scan on their forum and a couple who seem to be ITK have pretty much said it's him. 

Their fans are absolutely fuming! Honestly take a look at their forum ? 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/takeover-news-rumours-part-42.1534934/page-110

It’s interesting that some Sunderland supporters think that Johnson is so underwhelming that the club really have another underwhelming manager lined up who will look reasonable compared to Johnson. A good conspiracy theory 

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Lee Johnson in at 1/7 to be appointed their next manager. 

Now we know with Hughton/Gerrard odds don't necessarily mean that someones getting it, but had a quick scan on their forum and a couple who seem to be ITK have pretty much said it's him. 

Their fans are absolutely fuming! Honestly take a look at their forum ? 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/takeover-news-rumours-part-42.1534934/page-110

?

If it's Johnson then the club can just get ****** for me. I despised PP but I'm going to despise this super nomark even more.

Cue.... write him off before he's started yada yada yada... I was right about Grayson, I was right about Parkinson and I'm right about this fucknut, if he is in fact appointed.

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

?

If it's Johnson then the club can just get ****** for me. I despised PP but I'm going to despise this super nomark even more.

Cue.... write him off before he's started yada yada yada... I was right about Grayson, I was right about Parkinson and I'm right about this fucknut, if he is in fact appointed.

The meltdown is brilliant and they've not even hired him yet.

Meh think he’d be as good an appointment for them as anyone else available to be honest. 

Sunderland should be able to dominate teams at that level and if he gets them playing the way we did in 17/18 then sure they’ll be pleased.

Issue is no way will Sunderland fans have the patience that Lansdown did during his time here.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

The meltdown is brilliant and they've not even hired him yet.

We’re hardly in a position to laugh at meltdowns about managers who haven’t been appointed to be fair.

9 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Issue is no way will Sunderland fans have the patience that Lansdown did during his time here.

Oh I'm sure we'll just sit and clap happily when he takes us on an eight match losing run. This is THE nightmare appointment. Of all the names mentioned none were as unpopular as "Little Lee".  I know what mediocrity he achieved at Oldham, Barnsley and Ashton Gate.  Our owners must really despise we supporters.

Archived