The Lee Johnson Thread (Merged)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, lenred said:

He’s got some new phrases in the bag

‘Prisoner of your past’

‘injecting anxiety’ 

‘adhering to protocol’

lovely stuff! 

Don't forget "flipping optimism for pessimism" & visa versa, or whatever ..........................................

After beating 2nd in the league 4-0 away, you would think universal acclaim from the Wearsiders, they nevertheless seem approximately evenly divided, would say this lot have weighed him up quite quickly:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lee-lee-lee.1536468/

Protocol
Protocol
Protoco-oo-ol

Haway the Pomo

Let's be honest, it's managerial bullshit jargon that you'd see on The Office image.gif.550e998fc258dd0dab0a571d8c9d984a.gif Still, it'll probably wind others up, and as long as things go well it's all good. But if results go the other way, he will be absolutely shredded for it. Especially on here image.gif.cfdb085a50ddd25926902a2ed2ca688f.gif

Some of his craic is cringe but he is enthusiastic and that compared to Parkinson, get some of that in my veins

I like him but he sounds like David Brent and it’s a bit cringy tbh

Parkinson sounded like a manic depressive.... give me the brentmeister

I see he has no assistant manager yet, or is that 'assistant to the manager'.

he might be a David Brent but he’s our ****ing David Brent

The biggest change will be in the bogs. Instead of people smoking, they'll be injecting anxiety.

“Can I get some anxiety on tick mate”

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/johnson-post-match.1536442/

What the sodding hell is he talking about? There is no reason for anyone to not speak in plain, simple English.

He’s awful and amazing at the same timeimage.gif.7ecf1680b281efab806c1f674bab9eb1.gifNearly cringed myself inside out when he mentioned the front pomo - but love it at the same timeimage.gif.d854a2dd936cf880d8ea266bbe52340a.gifimage.gif.550e998fc258dd0dab0a571d8c9d984a.gif

Do you think he seems intelligent because he’s using jargon or because he actually intelligent?

People from the west country talk shite all the time. Get used to it. Ha'way the lads!

jargon is often used by unintelligent people to make people think they’re more intelligent than they are. It sometimes works but is usually found out

He's the type of blerk who'll be class when we're winning 0-4 away but irritating as **** when he's rambling on about protocols after losing 0-2 at home.

DaViD bReNt

He is an idiot.

Swallowed the FA coaching manual, Hughes is credited with POMO becoming a thing IIRC.

Id prefer if he kept his bullshit verbal treats to the players behind closed doors. I’d prefer he spoke to supporters like normal people as opposed to briefing us in a fashion that I’d imagine a call centre middle manager would

He's been here a week man, settle down. this is exactly what the bristol city fans said would happen. wait till he's coming out with this bollocks if/when we play poorly, people will be raging

I like him but he does talk some shite like,reminds me of David Brent

Loves saying protocol. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone else in football say that ever. He does it once a minute

We've got our very own 'Alan Partidge' of football management in the making here like.

There isn't a single successful manager, in football or any other industry, that had resorted to bullshit management speak. It's symbolic of an under achieving narcissist and I'd prefer him to just have us win games and do all his thinking on the training pitch. And talk to the media like a grown up

Thankfully my brain is quite capable of being happy with a football result the manager has delivered whilst also thinking that he speaks twaddle.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I'm still convinced the Lee Johnson that played exciting, attacking, possession based football in the half season up to the Manchester games was abducted by Aliens and is currently somewhere near Alpha Centauri.

I heard he had a brain transplant with Pulis. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Are we going to get threads after every Sunderland game . I wanted him sacked a year before he was but he’s gone now . Let it go ffs .some people on this forum are obsessed with past players and managers . ?

Some of us even have a past player as their username 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

When a new manager takes over the squad he inherits will want to impress him an consequently up their game. That’s what’s been happening at Sunderland.

Im surprised you didn’t know that..............:dunno:

What you get is regression to the mean.

It is the same phenomenon as the "manager of the month curse" in reverse.

A study also has shown that you get bigger "bounce" by keeping the same manager.

I have shared links to it multiple times in the past.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sacking-managers-pointless-stats-slaven-bilic-west-ham-premier-league-a8044586.html

https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-articles/Soccer/the-myth-of-the-new-manager-effect/BAZ2FQLS2QCBJ795

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23724517

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Some of us even have an ex player as their username 

It’s funny cos it’s true.

Makes me laugh that people firstly even bother to open a topic they can see by the title they do not want to read and then comment negatively on it.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Needless to say, I hope Sheffield Wednesday go down.

I had a look on Owlstalk last night and most of them are  resigned to L1 next season. One of them even feels sorry for Pulis saying that he’d inherited a ‘shit storm’..............:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I had a look on Owlstalk last night and most of them are  resigned to L1 next season. One of them even feels sorry for Pulis saying that he’d inherited a ‘shit storm’..............:dunno:

Think they may still get out of it, that bottom group looks like it is just getting detached from the rest, bottom 5 or 6 I mean but none of them are picking up many points, or scoring many goals.

Looks like they're in a mess for sure.

On and off the pitch.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If Pulis was walking into a shit storm I would fill his hood, gloves and boots with shit so i made sure he experienced the full shitness of it.  I feel sorry for Owls fans.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imagine hounding out Monk and getting Pulis instead ?? (was the phrase 'careful what you wish for' more fitting)

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Imagine hounding out Monk and getting Pulis instead ?? (was the phrase 'careful what you wish for' more fitting)

The Owls fans are just same as any other regardless of who they support. Reading Owlstalk is pretty much the same as on  here.

Same angry, some passed off, some resigned to relegation, some sensible and balanced  - otib would be just the same if we were in their position. 

POMO.”Sorry, if I’m getting a bit technical for you”

And therein lies the perfect summary of LJ’s ‘I am smarter than thou’ approach. Baffle me with words, acronyms and inject whatever you want, but it’s absolute self-indulgent drivel, and he believes every word he says. 

Be interesting to see the Sunderland fans forum when the steak starts

32 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

POMO.”Sorry, if I’m getting a bit technical for you”

And therein lies the perfect summary of LJ’s ‘I am smarter than thou’ approach. Baffle me with words, acronyms and inject whatever you want, but it’s absolute self-indulgent drivel, and he believes every word he says. 

Be interesting to see the Sunderland fans forum when the steak starts

He's managed to get a reference to Kenny Dalglish in an interview apparently saying that Sunderland would build a statue of Lee if he got them promotion - do I believe KD actually said that, no - and Lee even managed to elaborate on that by suggesting it would be like Arsene Wenger's statue at Arsenal, or something like that.

It's cringingly compelling, or compellingly cringy.

Some cracking jargon from Lee post match. I like Dean but do find his interviews can be a little dry. Lee seems to put a lot of effort into preparing buzz phrases which can be quite inspiring for the players and galvanising for the club as a whole.

I've not heard him use "protocol" in this context before, I quite like it as a buzz word, he used it several times this week so I imagine it'll crop up fairly regularly for a while. Not many "if you likes" though but I'm expecting those to increase once he's settled in up there.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nobody should   ever feel sorry for Pullis..........He is a first class Prik  IMHO.

Archived