IGNORED

The Lee Johnson Thread (Merged)

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your desire for him to fail is a bit obsessive. 

Absolutely bizarre isn't it.

I can sympathise with some fans not being that upset if we lose when they feel a manager needs to go. I must admit, I was (in a way) fairly pleased when Blackpool thumped us so that Millen went. Sometimes it's for the perceived greater good.

Wanting Johnson to fail at another club though, straight weird. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolutely bizarre isn't it.

I can sympathise with some fans not being that upset if we lose when they feel a manager needs to go. I must admit, I was (in a way) fairly pleased when Blackpool thumped us so that Millen went. Sometimes it's for the perceived greater good.

Wanting Johnson to fail at another club though, straight weird. 

He needs to be punished for the football he inflicted on us !!

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

4 wasted years, boring football, and weapons grade bullshit does that to a man!  One win over Man U doesn't attone for all that.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He needs to be punished for the football he inflicted on us !!

I don't even have words for these.

Is everything ok? I know lockdown has been tough for people's mental health, but wishing for someone to be punished for progressing our club forward but failing to get promotion is beyond extreme.

43 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'm absolutely shocked by the attitude of our fans to someone who turned this club into a well respected Championship side. 

Literally the most under underappreciative set of fans in the whole of the football league. If I were SL, I'd sell up and let someone else take over. 

******* hell you are more dramatic than my Mrs.

57 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'm absolutely shocked by the attitude of our fans to someone who turned this club into a well respected Championship side. 

Literally the most under underappreciative set of fans in the whole of the football league. If I were SL, I'd sell up and let someone else take over. 

You never know i might actually see top flight football at the gate in my lifetime if that happen..!

21 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Not bitter at all, he's gone and rightly so - I just don't get the love in. He was given objectives, didn't meet them and was let go, the same as SOD, McInnes, Millen,  I'm sure he loved the club as he loved Oldham - quote when he was at Oldham ""I love the club, the new contract extension makes me feel valued by the owner and the board. I know I will get it right and that I will be given time to do that, at what is a fantastic club".

And he loved Barnsley too, quote from when he was at Barnsley ""I love this place. I hope I am going to be here for a long time because I want to deliver what everyone wants," Johnson told BBC Radio Sheffield.

I'm sure he loves Sunderland as well.

Reminds me of Robbie Keane who announced he was “a boyhood fan” of every club he joined! He obviously thought fans have zero memories and are all stupid ...

21 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

They clearly understood enough to pick up some impressive results.  I think he was guilty of over coaching and ultimately lost his way and forgot what made him successful. 

The list would be players mentioned earlier in this thread.  Reid, Brownhill etc.  Plus Korey said he helped him a lot at Oldham.  He improved James Wilson a lot there as well.  Not sure about Barnsley to be honest.  He’s clearly a good one on one coach.

Not exactly a ‘long list’ as you stated, but cheers anyway ...

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Johnson said ' bang around the groynd'. The vast majority of City fans enjoyed his tenure at Ashton Gate, particularly,  substantial parts of each season. 

It is a shame that isn't reflected in the views of a noisy minority who appear on this forum

‘Bang around the groin’

Ewwwwww

Was that a private meeting

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

Johnson said ' bang around the ground'. The vast majority of City fans enjoyed his tenure at Ashton Gate, particularly,  substantial parts of each season. 

It is a shame that isn't reflected in the views of a noisy minority who appear on this forum

‘Bang around the ground’ ?

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Johnson said ' bang around the ground'. The vast majority of City fans enjoyed his tenure at Ashton Gate, particularly,  substantial parts of each season. 

@Davefevs is this connected to the  ‘Bang average’ you were explaining the other day ?

Could you just go through it again ....

;)

?

Archived