IGNORED

Raul Jimenez

Super

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m not surprised, as far as some people are concerned there are no longer any accidents in the world, everything is done on purpose so in their weirdly wired heads Luiz did it on purpose!

Also amazed that Luiz was allowed to carry on.

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Best wishes to Raul for a speedy & full recovery. Didn't Ryan Mason (ex Spurs and Hull) also suffer a fractured skull whilst playing and had to retire shortly afterwards?

Yes - exactly that.

He attempted to make a return, but due to the risks associated with the injury he retired.

Fingers crossed Jiminez isn't in the same boat.

39 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Shameless self promotion from myself here. Saw Troy Deeney talking absolute tripe earlier about concussion.

Reminded me of this mental story Bradley Orr told OSIB:

Why wasn't BO taken off? I listened to the podcast and didn't understand why. Did he say?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Also amazed that Luiz was allowed to carry on.

I had the game on but was switching between it & the NFL, he obviously went off with a cut head & got that sorted so I assume they looked at him then & deemed him fit to carry on.

If he subsequently gets found to have concussion, I would suggest that the Arsenal medical team will have a few questions to answer?

A real sickener that was clearly heard, and I wish him well for a full and speedy recovery. It reminded me of the serious injury sustained by Ian Hume when he was playing for Barnsley against Sheffield United. 

Ridiculous that David Luiz was allowed to play on. His bandaged head, dripping with blood, was worse than that famously sported by Terry Butcher. The prevarication by the football authorities regarding concussion protocols has to stop, and had to stop now. 

24 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

If Bradley hadn't sustained this terrible injury, we may have won that play-off.

We'll never know.

Alternatively, if there had been protocols in place so that his injury was recognised, we might have won the play-off.  It wasn't so much the fact that he was injured, it was the fact that our 'medical staff' saw no reason for him not to continue playing.  Troy Deeney should be ashamed of his comments.

On 30/11/2020 at 13:58, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Alternatively, if there had been protocols in place so that his injury was recognised, we might have won the play-off.  It wasn't so much the fact that he was injured, it was the fact that our 'medical staff' saw no reason for him not to continue playing.  Troy Deeney should be ashamed of his comments.

What are Troy Deeney's comments?

49 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

What are Troy Deeney's comments?

Nothing particularly bad to be honest. 

“How many things are already being taken away from the players?

“You’re already told by sports scientists how much you can run, how much you can’t…

“At some point there has to be an element of trust between player and doctor."

“As a player, you know when something is not right.

“From watching David Luiz and the 20 minutes after, he never looked shaky on his feet. His legs weren’t gone from underneath him.

“They followed all the protocols in terms of he’s ticked every box, and then afterwards you don’t see anything other than blood to suggest he’s in a bad way.”

So basically he's just saying if they've followed the protocols then it's fine and they should trust the player to know when something's wrong beyond that. 

Nothing outrageous and I don't see why he should be 'ashamed'. I and many other may not agree but that's his opinion. Seems like it's the opinion of whoever set the current protocols too... 

On 30/11/2020 at 13:48, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A real sickener that was clearly heard, and I wish him well for a full and speedy recovery. It reminded me of the serious injury sustained by Ian Hume when he was playing for Barnsley against Sheffield United. 

Ridiculous that David Luiz was allowed to play on. His bandaged head, dripping with blood, was worse than that famously sported by Terry Butcher. The prevarication by the football authorities regarding concussion protocols has to stop, and had to stop now. 

Also ridiculous that despite having stitches and possible delayed concussion , Luiz was allowed to drive home.

Archived