IGNORED

QPR (a) - Tues 19:45 1st Dec - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not saying it’s not, but to fair it’s pretty common not to give those that are touch and go, especially your captain that might dictate a back 4 if fit or a back 3 if not.

Out of interest what did they each say (paraphrased).  Don’t forget Holden told us about 6 injuries, said Kalas might be and that Bakinson was back in training.  He just kept some detail to himself.

On Aguero, Pep said it was a knee niggle and he'll miss one game only.

The DeGea comment was that he's fit again and fully fit squad.

Gilmour I suppose the best and worst example because whilst Lampard went into detail that he's fit, needs minutes but will be back in on the bench, it's not like he's a focal part of their team.

Yeah, as a manager I'd be tempted to try to deceive or at least not inform the opposition manager, but I think there is also an expectation that you keep stakeholders informed to an extent. I suppose you pick and choose your cases.

Going back to that old Walsh and Williams debate, I never saw that as something to keep from the opposition. I mean, if they've not turned out for U23s then they'll only start on the bench at best and won't likely be the primary threat.

Archived