IGNORED

QPR (a) - Tues 19:45 1st Dec - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

The main thing Holden has to do at half time is find a solution on the left hand side because if Samuel keeps on going past Dasilva like he's a training cone then they will score again. If he has to sacrifice somebody and bring Rowe on to help Dasilva out then so be it. It's not like we are playing well in other areas and will lose anything by doing that.

The sort of game that managers hate, far too open. Samuel has had Jay on toast, and I don't really understand why he's followed him all across the pitch. We have to stop the crosses coming in. On the bright side, when Nagy and O'Dowda have got forward they have done so with a purpose. Good poachers goal from Wells. 

Just now, cidered abroad said:

I know it's a funny old game but how are we 1-1 after being totally outplayed by a very ordinary QPR?

Appalling non performance by City.

By the way, I've turned off the sound because listening to our Irish goalkeeper coach is the absolute pits.

QPR are a very good side going forward and have too much energy for us. I wouldn't call them ordinary when they have the ball tbh. They competed very well against a Brentford side the other night that normally bum us from minute 1 to minute 96 but their achilles heel is they just cannot defend.

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

We look so slow and lethargic. QPR waltzing past us in possession with ease.

With us in possession, they’re all over us.

Yes you do start to worry that the ones who had Covid are not 100%. Anyway luckily we’re still in it and hopefully we can nick a win. 

Brunt has had possibly the worst half of football any of our players have played this season (nay, decade, nay century!!)

Regular readers will know my thoughts on Nagy, but in the last few games he’s stepped up and is again probably the best on offer tonight. 
He’s certainly light years ahead of Brunt as a DM. 

If Brunt continues to play DM, we lose this game. Simples. 
Get him off and let Nagy play DM, where he’s been our best player for 4 games. 

24 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Having a shocker, but to be fair to him, everyone is

Brunt supposed to be helping DaSilva but backing off, leaving the smallest player to defend against the tallest winger! Semenyo now in front of him giving some cover.

Brunts early performance 4 touches in first 5 minutes 3 given away one a pass to nothing

Half time summary.  Jeez where do I start?

Tough half with ten-men (?), but fair play getting back into it with our best move of the half.

As defensive shape, that’s as ragged as I’ve seen us for a long time.  But if you a midfield where two players are running around (fairly aimlessly) and one doing nothing at all, you get passed around.  Brunt significantly the issue but O’Dowda and Nagy are losing shape too.

If I had a pound for every time Barbet got the ball, and Lee Wallace ran from left back inside 20 yards, and they split our midfielders and passed through us, I’d be a rich man.

Seriously that is schoolboy shape and marking.  If we continue that they will eventually score again...and again.

Holden needs to dish out a bollocking at h-t...mainly at Brunt.  And I’ve not even talked about his passing.

Well done Nahki (good run COD off of Martin)....great ball Zak.

But, boy, that was pretty awful.

Good swap to move Semenyo to LWF and Wells the other side.  Bit more physical against B O-S.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Brunt has had possibly the worst half of football any of our players have played this season (nay, decade, nay century!!)

Regular readers will know my thoughts on Nagy, but in the last few games he’s stepped up and is again probably the best on offer tonight. 

Awful, awful, awful.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Half time summary.  Jeez where do I start?

Tough half with ten-men (?), but fair play getting back into it with our best move of the half.

As defensive shape, that’s as ragged as I’ve seen us for a long time.  But if you a midfield where two players are running around (fairly aimlessly) and one doing nothing at all, you get passed around.  Brunt significantly the issue but O’Dowda and Nagy are losing shape too.

If I had a pound for every time Barbet got the ball, and Lee Wallace ran from left back inside 20 yards, and they split our midfielders and passed through us, I’d be a rich man.

Seriously that is schoolboy shape and marking.  If we continue that they will eventually score again...and again.

Holden needs to dish out a bollocking at h-t...mainly at Brunt.  And I’ve not even talked about his passing.

Well done Nahki (good run COD off of Martin)....great ball Zak.

But, boy, that was pretty awful.

Good swap to move Semenyo to LWF and Wells the other side.  Bit more physical against B O-S.

That just about sums it up.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Spot on.

Archived