IGNORED

My team versus QPR

Curr Avon

12 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm hoping for a return to the back four that served us well at Cardiff, accompanied by a midfield that can tackle and offer forward options.

It'll never see the floodlight of day, but how about

Bentley

Hunt   Vyner  Kalas  Dasilva

Bakinson  Nagy  Rowe

Semenyo  Martin Wells

If all of the non-long term injured players were fit and fresh, I’d be happy to go with 10 of that team...Pato for Rowe is the only change.

For me Wells is wasted and cuts a frustrated figure on the left of a three. That formation suits semenyo but not Wells, hence the lack of goals.

i want to see us go back to two up top with Wells and Martin and utilise semenyo and diedhiou off the bench. Also need to get pato behind the front two on edge of the box as he gets lost in midfield aimlessly running around.

3-5-2 for me with two box to box and pato AM.

.................DB................

...ZV.........AM..........TR......

..JH....AN.......TB......JD.....

.....JP.......

..CM..................NW...

5 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

For me Wells is wasted and cuts a frustrated figure on the left of a three. That formation suits semenyo but not Wells, hence the lack of goals.

i want to see us go back to two up top with Wells and Martin and utilise semenyo and diedhiou off the bench. Also need to get pato behind the front two on edge of the box as he gets lost in midfield aimlessly running around.

.........................DB..............................ZV.............AM..........TR..........JH.........AN............TB..........JD........................JP.....................................CM..................NW...........

One of the reasons that Nakhi may appear frustrated is because we don't give him the service in front of goal and a stronger midfield three could change that by turning over possession, and passing through the lines.

13 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

.....JP.......

In the QPR thread I went with a 4312, but that diamond of Pato, Martin and Wells is something I’d like to see whatever the other 7 outfield players are.  It’s all 3’s best positions.

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

YeS agree Dave. I still feel I want a bit more from Rowe.

I’d play him tomorrow night (give Dasilva a rest) and although he’d be up against Osayi-Samuel I’d tell him to be really physical with him and risk a yellow because Jay could come on.  With 5 subs I think you could risk that tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d play him tomorrow night (give Dasilva a rest) and although he’d be up against Osayi-Samuel I’d tell him to be really physical with him and risk a yellow because Jay could come on.  With 5 subs I think you could risk that tomorrow.

Interesting but I do rate Dasilva as one of our better players. But again heavy schedule players need resting. But we lose a lot on both defence and attack with Rowe in for Dasilva

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

QPR don't mind a yellow or red card mind - 18 yellows and 2 reds.

We've had 12 yellows....

5 hours ago, BOSRed said:

.....JP.......

I fully agree with this, I believe we need to play with 2 actual CM's and think Nagy and Bakinson could be a solid pairing. Both are good on the ball and can break up the play, this then gives Paterson more freedom to get forward and hopefully give some much needed service to Wells.

Semenyo can bring the energy from the bench, which will hopefully bring him a goal and give him that much needed confidence in front of goal.

I just hope we don't see O'dowda and Pato in a midfield 3 unless it's due to injuries. 

9 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm hoping for a return to the back four that served us well at Cardiff, accompanied by a midfield that can tackle and offer forward options.

Bentley

Bakinson  Nagy  Rowe

Semenyo  Martin Wells

I would tweak like this and yes I would play Dasilva as an out and out left midfielder/winger and Semenyo the same on the right.

Bentley

Hunt   Vyner  Kalas  Rowe

Semenyo   Bakinson  Nagy  Dasilva

Martin  Wells

10 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Bentley

Bakinson  Nagy  Rowe

Semenyo  Martin Wells

Holden’s interview yesterday seemed to imply that Bakinson had trained yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks, if that is true then no way can he start.

Hunt, Paterson & Nagy all desperately need a game off & we are asking Semenyo to play a lot, too.

I’d start with Mariappa (at RB if Kalas is fit, CB if not), Brunt (I know he has been poor, but has had a light workload compared to say Nagy, & unlike Bakinson or Massengo is fit) & O’Dowda but otherwise your side is what I would do.

10 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Bentley

Bakinson  Nagy  Rowe

Semenyo  Martin Wells

I thought this was a story about your Sunday League team that you run or that our Covid-19 issues had got worse & they were now going to be taking on QPR in City’s place.

Imagine my relief when it was your suggested team line-up?

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If all of the non-long term injured players were fit and fresh, I’d be happy to go with 10 of that team...Pato for Rowe is the only change.

If anybody needs a rest and perhaps a small gee up its Pato.

He is one player that goes off the boil when he is sure of hi place in the team

On his day one of the best in the division otherwise anonymous. 

13 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

If anybody needs a rest and perhaps a small gee up its Pato.

He is one player that goes off the boil when he is sure of hi place in the team

On his day one of the best in the division otherwise anonymous. 

I don’t know if he’s tired or just he's become ineffective (from an individual creativity point of view) within the current team set-up and style.

Just taking the 3 midfielders, Bakinson, Weimann and Pato is a very different dynamic to Nagy, O’Dowda and Paterson.

CA11AE57-02DB-4EDB-A64F-5B43DD1F85A8.thumb.jpeg.331545e2038011200e3163465b2f85d1.jpeg

In the above you can see the changes.  Whether there’s a strong link I don’t know, but he’s not been as good as he was earlier in this season.  Perhaps he’s the “fall-guy”, he’s the luxury player not providing any luxury.  Or maybe someone else is brought in to get Pato on the ball in threatening positions.

Interesting challenge for Holden.  His hands have been tied in some respects with injuries and Covid.  Let’s not forget also that there is little time on the training ground to do much work to tweak and drill things.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t know if he’s tired or just he's become ineffective (from an individual creativity point of view) within the current team set-up and style.

Just taking the 3 midfielders, Bakinson, Weimann and Pato is a very different dynamic to Nagy, O’Dowda and Paterson.

CA11AE57-02DB-4EDB-A64F-5B43DD1F85A8.thumb.jpeg.331545e2038011200e3163465b2f85d1.jpeg

I wouldn’t profess to understand the game in quite as much technical detail but do think Paterson is simply tired out.

Vyner is our only ever present but Paterson is the only other player to have been on the pitch for every single league game aside from him (interestingly his only sub appearance amongst those 14 saw him & Semenyo come on & turn the game at Huddersfield).

He has played 1151 minutes so far, Hunt 1159, whereas no other outfield player bar Vyner has even played 1000.

Like Nagy, who started 8 games in November compared to the non international players’ 5, we are currently asking a hell of a lot from him.

Dependent if Kalas is fit...Holden’s interview seems that he maybe be not fit enough just yet

Bentley

Hunt Vyner Kalas JD

Bakinson Nagy Odowda

Pato

Wells Martin

4-3-1-2 with Semenyo and Fam coming on in the second half. Got a good blend of players in that midfield and a lot of fluidity (can go 4-4-2 if necessary for example) although it must not just be me who can’t wait for a midfield of Bakinson/Williams and Walsh 

1-1 I reckon it’ll be tonight. Can see fatigue becoming an issue over next couple games and injuries overtime going to catch up on us 

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

From now on I mean, been dropped before but i just have a feeling DH will stick his faith in him. 

I think everyone will be dropped, especially with how our squad currently stands. We simply can’t carry on flogging people because it’s just no feasible to do so.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I think everyone will be dropped, especially with how our squad currently stands. We simply can’t carry on flogging people because it’s just no feasible to do so.

I agree everyone should be but yet we have still done it in the past. Like I said I must be too used to LJ days where that occurred at times.

I'd like to see Mariappa start over Moore 

Archived