IGNORED

Effects on results of no crowds

spudski

I've never thought crowds would have that much effect on results.

But when you look at results around the world this season, they are definitely all over the place.

Teams that would be pretty much gaurenteed wins are no longer happening.

Screwed up many an accumulator.

Bookie's must be thriving.

We can see how much of an influence crowds are on referees, away players avoiding more bookings with no over the top reactions from fans for average challenges etc, also leads to more fouls/penalties being awarded with crowds (for fouls, not the stupid hand ball rule). 

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It seems like teams have forgotten how to defend as well. All over the shop, including the PL. No idea why that would be though

Yeah the amount of goals scored early on in the season was ridiculous. I think attacking players perhaps more likely to take a risk knowing they won’t be groaned at if it doesn’t come off etc! 

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah the amount of goals scored early on in the season was ridiculous. I think attacking players perhaps more likely to take a risk knowing they won’t be groaned at if it doesn’t come off etc! 

Haha. If that's so then our lot clearly didn't get the memo.

In fact iirc the Championship has actually seen average goals per match drop dramatically this season. In England at least it was only the Prem that saw a big jump there.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I've never thought crowds would have that much effect on results.

But when you look at results around the world this season, they are definitely all over the place.

Teams that would be pretty much gaurenteed wins are no longer happening.

Screwed up many an accumulator.

Bookie's must be thriving.

Yeh just like us. If we had a crowd to play in front we would be mid table 

32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha. If that's so then our lot clearly didn't get the memo.

In fact iirc the Championship has actually seen average goals per match drop dramatically this season. In England at least it was only the Prem that saw a big jump there.

I actually thought the other way, that teams could be more likely to sit in a shape and defend, happier to try and settle without the crowd there to encourage them on to attack

I went a number of years where although I never made a fortune, I also never had to put money in my betting account. At the end of the season I had always made a profit.

I can’t remember the last time I won a bet in 2020, I’m having to top up every month.

The sooner I’m back in the ground influencing games the better

Archived