IGNORED

Callum

Globe Trotter

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you believe that to be true then he’s pretty much the same as 99% of professional footballers, and loads of amateurs too, yet he’s singled out unfairly...

I think he does it more, and more blatantly obvious.

He’s not fully realised yet that his reputation (justifiably earned) takes a long time to shake off....and makes him a target.

He’s getting better, maybe Southgate had a word in his ear along the lines, just concentrate on the football not the theatrics....because at International level your opponent will get you into trouble.

Did you see the incident last weekend.  Got contact on his right leg, went down clutching his left knee.

Good player, doesn’t need to behave like a knob.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not fully realised yet that his reputation (justifiably earned) takes a long time to shake off....and makes him a target.

He’s getting better, maybe Southgate had a word in his ear along the lines, just concentrate on the football not the theatrics....because at International level your opponent will get you into trouble.

Did you see the incident last weekend.  Got contact on his right leg, went down clutching his left knee.

you do strange things when in pain Dave.i will never forget getting a cane like  whip across my eyeball once,couldnt see a thing and reached into the kitchen cupboard to grab the optrex. squirted it in my eye and ended up howling and hopping round the gardem in agony.i squirted vicks sinex in my eye by mistake. why i was hopping ive no idea,maybe grealish just grabs the first thing that comes to mind?

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I disagree that he has a ‘reputation that has been justifiably earned’ - he is consistently the most fouled player - I’ve seen Danny Ings dive and clutch his ankle in fake agony when he wasn’t even touched - yet no one condemns him? You certainly haven’t, but that’s probably because he’s an ex Liverpool player. And loads of other players too can be called out for that, but they aren’t.

You called Jack a cheat - I simply don’t think he deserves that, but why not examine the antics of hundreds of his fellow pros who are never called out and vilified in the same way for dodgy tumbles?

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I disagree that he has a ‘reputation that has been justifiably earned’ - he is consistently the most fouled player - I’ve seen Danny Ings dive and clutch his ankle in fake agony when he wasn’t even touched - yet no one condemns him? You certainly haven’t, but that’s probably because he’s an ex Liverpool player. And loads of other players too can be called out for that, but they aren’t.

You called Jack a cheat - I simply don’t think he deserves that, but why not examine the antics of hundreds of his fellow pros who are never called out and vilified in the same way for dodgy tumbles?

Get fouled, get the free-kick, move on.  If you’re hurt by the foul, let the referee decide the punishment.

By him diving, and building a reputation for diving, or exaggerating contact, he’s put him and his team at a disadvantage in getting legitimate decisions.

Yes, there are a lot of cheats in football.  Liverpool and Partick Thistle players included. ??‍♂️

Can someone justify why the club offered him a new contract? Once we have players back he isn't going to get a look in. 

The bloke isn't a footballer, he is an athlete who runs around a lot before either falling over or losing the ball after picking the worst of all options available.

He cant finish, he cant pass, he cant seemingly ever make the right decision when he actually needs to think.

No doubt people will use his 2 deflected crosses against QPR to promote their narrative that he is a good footballer.....he isnt, he is dreadful. A crap signing who has made zero progress on the pitch.....need those injured players back sharp.

134 league games. 6 goals, 9 assists. Shocking.

Before people moan about negativity, scapegoating etc....Nagy excellent, Vyner getting better, Rowe proving he can do a job in championship, Bakinson what great potential, Bently best keeper in the league.

O'dowda? Shitte.

52 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Can someone justify why the club offered him a new contract? Once we have players back he isn't going to get a look in. 

The bloke isn't a footballer, he is an athlete who runs around a lot before either falling over or losing the ball after picking the worst of all options available.

He cant finish, he cant pass, he cant seemingly ever make the right decision when he actually needs to think.

No doubt people will use his 2 deflected crosses against QPR to promote their narrative that he is a good footballer.....he isnt, he is dreadful. A crap signing who has made zero progress on the pitch.....need those injured players back sharp.

134 league games. 6 goals, 9 assists. Shocking.

Before people moan about negativity, scapegoating etc....Nagy excellent, Vyner getting better, Rowe proving he can do a job in championship, Bakinson what great potential, Bently best keeper in the league.

O'dowda? Shitte.

He was woeful today.  He wasn’t alone though.

I don’t get what people see in him.  Those people don’t see why I don’t see what they see.

I’ve written enough about him over the best part of three years.  I don’t think those people are gonna change their minds, I don’t think they are gonna change my mind either.  I can accept that he will have the odd improved game / 45 minutes here and there....and I will give him credit when he does that (as I have...QPR (a) second half), but I will critique when he doesn’t.  But I no longer give my views expecting common agreement.

That’s football, fans and opinions.

In summary, imho He’s not crap, but he’s not the sort of player that I’d be relying on if I were picking the team.  And that’s not based on today.

I think there is a player in there but we only tend to see it 2 games a season. If anyone can find a way of getting 40 games a season like that out of him then we will have an amazing asset.

That being said IMO he has been here way too long for us to be the club that improves him consistently.

Archived