IGNORED

Tommy Rowe

pl00peh91

He’s becoming one of my favourite city players, gives everything despite being usually played out of position. When he defended at point blank range with his face towards the end and then 30 seconds later you see him bombing down the wing and winning us a throw in, alleviating the pressure. What a buy he has been.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Was very good. And having the double pivot made all the difference too in us having bodies closer to Rowe than what we did Dasilva. Brunt was a lot more effective left of the double pivot and come across. Semenyo better defensively than Wells and he was over on the left a lot 2nd half too which helped. And O'Dowda was sort of a left 2nd striker but coming back in helping out. Blocked a cross right near the end for example. 

But Rowe was very good. Very strong and aggressive. Good performance. Dasilva worst 45 I have ever seen from him, but we were all over the place as a team. I bet Rowe is happy he wasn't part of that first half set up as that was awful!

Rowe's aggression was the difference. Samuel didn't fancy it as much as he did against a full back who was giving him space to run into first half. Hopefully a learning point for Dasilva next time he faces a livewire like Samuel.

52 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Rowe's aggression was the difference. Samuel didn't fancy it as much as he did against a full back who was giving him space to run into first half. Hopefully a learning point for Dasilva next time he faces a livewire like Samuel.

Spot on.

Not only was Osayi-Samuel winning every duel with Dasilva, he was physically dominating him.

Rowe made it clear from the start of the second half that wasn’t going to continue, far more aggressive in every challenge.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s why I said in the “team for QPR” thread that I’d start Rowe and risk him kicking BOS and getting a yellow, because with 5 subs you could risk taking him off.  He played against him last season, git given a tough time and I expect Rowe would remember that and realise he needed to be physical with him.

2 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

He’s becoming one of my favourite city players, gives everything despite being usually played out of position. When he defended at point blank range with his face towards the end and then 30 seconds later you see him bombing down the wing and winning us a throw in, alleviating the pressure. What a buy he has been.

When we first signed him I couldn’t understand why we would go for a 30 year old free agent from a mid table league one club but he has been consistent and chipped in with a few goals , great signing 

4 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

When he defended at point blank range with his face towards the end

I was surprised he didn’t have to be checked over given the way he fell over and all, even if he said he was fine just as a precaution 

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Every squad needs a Tommy Rowe. A good solid pro who`ll do whatever job you ask of him to the best of his ability and without complaining.

Reminds me of Waggy in League 1.

The championship's James Milner? 

Edit: just realised @Lew - T made the same point.

Need to read whole thread before posting! 

Whilst yes, I thought Rowe was fantastic when he came in, I want to also leap to the defence of JD as well a bit. First half he did make some errors but he was also hung out to dry tactically. Wells was not tracking back enough and he was being left one on one and two on one me far too often, we switched Semenyo over late in the first half and that made a lot of difference. So for me, JD was poor, but not as poor as people have made out.

Back to Rowe, would totally give him another year with an option if he’s willing to accept it. Definition of utility player and gives it absolutely everything. 

Archived