IGNORED

Tommy Rowe

pl00peh91

I bumped into Tommy Rowe last year at Parkway station during one of the international breaks - said I thought he was having a great season and hoped the team could keep it up. He seemed genuinely shocked and pleased to be recognised, thankful for the well wishes and seemed like a top bloke. Wish him all the best, top pro.

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

I bumped into Tommy Rowe last year at Parkway station during one of the international breaks - said I thought he was having a great season and hoped the team could keep it up. He seemed genuinely shocked and pleased to be recognised, thankful for the well wishes and seemed like a top bloke. Wish him all the best, top pro.

I met him at Charlton Farm.  Dead chatty, said his mum worked in a nursing environment so he was often asked to go in to visit ill people to give them a boost....so he was totally comfortable in the Hospice Environment.

I would be very surprised if he doesn’t go into coaching or management from the way he talked about the game.  And he took the pi$$ out of LJ too who was getting some stick about the defeat the match before.

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I met him at Charlton Farm.  Dead chatty, said his mum worked in a nursing environment so he was often asked to go in to visit ill people to give them a boost....so he was totally comfortable in the Hospice Environment.

I would be very surprised if he doesn’t go into coaching or management from the way he talked about the game.  And he took the pi$$ out of LJ too who was getting some stick about the defeat the match before.

Neither of these stories surprise me, he seems like a bit of a throwback to the 70s & 80s, someone who actually knows what working for a living is all about & who is genuinely grateful for being a professional footballer, so gives everything he has got, all the time.

He is a credit to himself & his family, fair play to him.

To be fair to Mark Ashton too, an inspired signing.

Archived