IGNORED

Buying a Legend

Marina's Rolls Royce

I just wonder if , like Flint, for example you are a ‘ legend ‘ at one club then when you roll up at your new one you have lost that status what sort of psychological impact does that have you. 

Flint has gone from ‘ legend ‘ to peripheral player and finally loaned out. 

It could be a reason why we don’t have much success with ‘ legends’.

Add into the equation that we are not a very fashionable club and that could also add to the anguish of the player .

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A bit of deviation here and stretching it a bit (as is usual on the forum) but how about Steve Coppell? He was the messiah when he arrived, but that didn’t last long did it? 

Good shout! I've never been more excited about an incoming manager (hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Might be wrong, but I think Ian Baird was held in very high regard by Leeds fans - for us, awful. was it southend away when he gave us the v's? Jesus, to think we went from having Jacki and Cole to Bair and Robinson in the space of a year ?

Mind you, he was symbolic of the rot that set in under Osman. Speaking of which, I'd be certain he was a legend at Ipswich or wherever? Pretty sure I'll never again see a player scoring for us only to be greeted with boos! 

Archived