IGNORED

Dire

Lenners

He has his critics but wonder about whether Paterson may have made a difference today.

Semenyo wide right, Paterson wide left and ONE of Martin or Wells in the centre. That extra cover on the left if needed might have seen DaSilva start or on earlier anyway.

Don't think the substitutions came early enough, Mariappa and Rowe just aren't an outlet. Certainly not a likely one anyway, though Rowe has contributed from time to time.

1 minute ago, tommy_b said:

It’s good that they went from “one goal in X minutes” to discounting the goal v Derby entirely. 

Superb reporting consistency. 

Happy to be a jinx, get in Fammy.

Nervous last ten minutes. Been so much better tonight with Bakinson in there than ******* Brunt.

On 02/12/2020 at 07:17, downendcity said:

At the start of the season had you been told we'd play most games with Vyner and Moore at the heart of defence, that Rowe would be a regular, that COD would hold down a midfield position, that we'd miss Bakeinson and that Semenyo would keep Fam and Wells out of the team I doubt that many would have expected little more than a midtable spot at best 

Factor in a rookie boss, that most fans never wanted or rated, I suspect most would have been happy just to stay out of the bottom 6.

That we are where we are, despite an horrendous catelogue of injuries, speaks volumes for a team (including coaching staff) all pulling in the same direction. 

As for how we play, at the end of each round of golf my scorecard doesn't record the how, just the how many - the league table is much the same. 

You don’t have 20,000 watching your performance each time you play though who expect to be entertained 

31 minutes ago, INCRED said:

You don’t have 20,000 watching your performance each time you play though who expect to be entertained 

...and two and a half months since my post performances and results have deteriorated , as has league position.

In my post, at the beginning of December, I said "As for how we play, at the end of each round of golf my scorecard doesn't record the how, just the how many - the league table is much the same. “.  Sadly, during that time DH’s selections have become increasingly like LJ’s did a year ago and we are increasingly looking down the table rather than up, so DH’s problem ( and the club’s) is that league position can no longer be used as any sort of defence of performance and entertainment levels - much like the team’s defence at the moment!

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...and two and a half months since my post performances and results have deteriorated , as has league position.

In my post, at the beginning of December, I said "As for how we play, at the end of each round of golf my scorecard doesn't record the how, just the how many - the league table is much the same. “.  Sadly, during that time DH’s selections have become increasingly like LJ’s did a year ago and we are increasingly looking down the table rather than up, so DH’s problem ( and the club’s) is that league position can no longer be used as any sort of defence of performance and entertainment levels - much like the team’s defence at the moment!

There is no defence for poor football full stop. The day that everyone accepts it’s only the “how many” that counts is the day I swap a season ticket for a better internet connection...........cos that’s all I need to check the “how many”.

Archived