IGNORED

Sessegnon - injury update

Davefevs

What is the latest on Steven Sessegnon? Could he be back in January?

“We are probably looking at mid to late January for Sess. He is back with us at the moment, he has been with Fulham, but he is going through his exercises on the bike.

“It is great to see him, he is a fantastic person, Sess, I love him to bits. He is with us and happy to be back with us and feeling part of the group again, and he has got a really important process in front of him now to get himself back up to speed and ready for when he is fully fit.”

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny thought isn’t it.  Sessegnon’s status changes and Holden gives us a timely update. I thought the club and Dishonest Dean in particular was “Holden” info back and the policy change should’ve been communicated to the fans. ???

I don’t think that’s necessarily so Dave. Plenty, if not all managers keep their cards close to their chests and Deano has probably been brought up with that kind of ‘fans don’t need to know’ attitude. Great if he has changed that tho.

Regardless of who the managers has been the club have always been slow to update us fans on the various injured players - I’ve always thought that an injury update on the OS could be utilised more effectively 

I do remember when Djuric was injured and the then physio did an OS article on the injury explaining exactly what was going on and I found that particularly fascinating. I’d like to see more of the same.

Interesting & suggests we would be wise to extend Mariappa’s deal until the end of the season.

Baker & Mawson are of course the other two defenders out, nothing been said about Baker who was given an initial prognosis of returning to training this month or Mawson who someone thought they had seen in BS3 this week.

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily so Dave. Plenty, if not all managers keep their cards close to their chests and Deano has probably been brought up with that kind of ‘fans don’t need to know’ attitude. Great if he has changed that tho.

Regardless of who the managers has been the club have always been slow to update us fans on the various injured players - I’ve always thought that an injury update on the OS could be utilised more effectively 

I do remember when Djuric was injured and the then physio did an OS article on the injury explaining exactly what was going on and I found that particularly fascinating. I’d like to see more of the same.

I was being sarcastic.  Dean’s updates on injuries are more than fine imho.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny thought isn’t it.  Sessegnon’s status changes and Holden gives us a timely update. I thought the club and Dishonest Dean in particular was “Holden” info back and the policy change should’ve been communicated to the fans. ???

It's obviously smoke & mirrors.

He will be starting vs Brum.

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

You might want to have that looked at, it could be the start of something serious.

It follows a pattern and got much worse under WeeLee. A dozen or more times each season my lad updates when a player returns and my response is either 'who' or ' I thought we'd got rid of them years ago'. Them's the problems with squads approaching double digits ( and that's just the aged 'ones for the future' out on loan...)

Archived