IGNORED

Zach Clough?

REDOXO

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Grown adults being glad that another adults career hasn’t progressed as it looked like it would.  Sad

Not glad, but the way he rubbished our club as being beneath him when we tried to sign him was very disrespectful. It’s only human nature to feel a little bit smug that his career has stalled. 

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Anyone still got screenshots of his Twitter 

I searched for the Zac Clough thread in archives - couldn't find any twitter posts, but found this:

On 22/02/2016 at 09:46, BRISTOL86 said:
“When the bid was put in, I found out about 10pm the night before we played Eastleigh,” he told The Bolton News.

“I phoned my dad and he started laughing. He said ‘no chance’. And that was it.

“I wanted to show respect to Bristol City and it was great that they wanted me.

“But we made the decision 10 seconds after the offer went in. I wouldn’t have changed my mind.

“My dad has been a big influence on my career all the way back to being eight years old and picking Bolton instead of Manchester United.”

So out of 'respect' for us he came down here, wasting everyone's time when he'd already decided he was never signing. How respectful. 

43 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

I searched for the Zac Clough thread in archives - couldn't find any twitter posts, but found this:

“When the bid was put in, I found out about 10pm the night before we played Eastleigh,” he told The Bolton News.

“But we made the decision 10 seconds after the offer went in. I wouldn’t have changed my mind.

“My dad has been a big influence on my career all the way back to being eight years old and picking Bolton instead of Manchester United.”

So out of 'respect' for us he came down here, wasting everyone's time when he'd already decided he was never signing. How respectful. 

Ahahaha ?????

1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Hahahaha, so chuffed that his career hasn’t progressed as it looked like it would.  Happy.

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hahahaha, so chuffed that his career hasn’t progressed as it looked like it would.  Happy.

Oh come on..

He was a rather young man hotwired into mistakenly accepting his father's advice-even felt obligated to do so.

I could look in the mirror & see another that has made that error,,as I'm sure there are numerous others on this forum..

I'm sure his desire would be to turn the clock back & wishes yesterday to 'leave him alone.

12 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

He actually came here? I am surprised those who think our medical team are responsible for every injury, haven't picked up on this!

15 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Grown adults being glad that another adults career hasn’t progressed as it looked like it would.  Sad

The day we're not allowed to choose a scapegoat, hold meaningless grudges against players for signing or not signing, abusing the ref , demanding resignations .... well, that will be a sad day for football.

On 04/12/2020 at 10:13, Phileas Fogg said:

I must admit I've always found it a bit strange how our fanbase were so infuriated by the actions of a (then) 20/21 year old and still talk about it years later. He, guided by his father, made a career choice that seemingly hasn't worked out for him. So what. 

You clearly don’t remember what actually happened then.

You don’t see Gayle or Gray getting similar stick do you? That’s because they didn’t go about it in a c**tish way.

So watching the EFL highlights and see Zach Clough making his debut for Wigan, just 21 months (yes nearly 2 years) after his last competitive match for Rochdale.

Apparently Forest paid Bolton £3 million for him in 2017, for a total of just 27 games and 4 goals. Not aware of any injury issues, just not good enough. And that’s even with a surname you would imagine would make you popular at Forest. The phrase that comes to mind is “hardly pulling up trees”!

Given all the rubbish flying around when we were interested him, we definitely did well to avoid signing him. Thank you Zach’s dad...

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

So watching the EFL highlights and see Zach Clough making his debut for Wigan, just 21 months (yes nearly 2 years) after his last competitive match for Rochdale.

Apparently Forest paid Bolton £3 million for him in 2017, for a total of just 27 games and 4 goals. Not aware of any injury issues, just not good enough. And that’s even with a surname you would imagine would make you popular at Forest. The phrase that comes to mind is “hardly pulling up trees”!

Given all the rubbish flying around when we were interested him, we definitely did well to avoid signing him. Thank you Zach’s dad...

couldn't agree more thanks Mr Clough dodged a bullet with this inflated egotistical tosser.

2 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Could be worse, we could have signed Andre Grey... 

this isn't a serious comment is it?

On 04/12/2020 at 10:13, Phileas Fogg said:

I must admit I've always found it a bit strange how our fanbase were so infuriated by the actions of a (then) 20/21 year old and still talk about it years later. He, guided by his father, made a career choice that seemingly hasn't worked out for him. So what. 

Yeah, yet we are all laughing at the inbreds for crying over Agent Snakey...

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Can’t tell if sarcastic or not, but since turning us down he has scored 47 league goals, including 24 in the prem, would have been an unbelievable signing at that time.

Yep. Same with Dwight Gayle....both though seemed unrealistic at the time both would have been unbelievable signings.

On 05/12/2020 at 09:49, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The day we're not allowed to choose a scapegoat, hold meaningless grudges against players for signing or not signing, abusing the ref , demanding resignations .... well, that will be a sad day for football.

Sadly that day not far away

1 hour ago, Mr Hankey said:

Can’t tell if sarcastic or not, but since turning us down he has scored 47 league goals, including 24 in the prem, would have been an unbelievable signing at that time.

Unfortunately for us Grey made the right decision and Burnley got promoted.. 

As for Clough, alot of fans are petty and vindictive (including me) and any slight is not easily forgot... 

2 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Yep. Same with Dwight Gayle....both though seemed unrealistic at the time both would have been unbelievable signings.

Gray, Gayle and Harry Maguire? Or was the latter more of a "Dave Kitson" signing?

Jesse Lingard was being linked around the same time on loan, but pretty sure that was proven to be a rubbish story.

Archived