IGNORED

Barnsley v Bournemouth

CliftonCliff

Two probably unpopular opinions/observations.

One, I quite like Woodrow. I may be the only one on the forum who actually thought he saw something in him when he was here on loan. I am not now, and never have been, an LJ basher, but I remember being hugely irritated by the fact that he’d brought the lad here on loan and then barely gave him a kick (not the only player to have suffered that fate in the Johnson era). 

Two, I can’t help thinking that the man we all love to hate, Keith Stroud, is actually refereeing this game very well.

As I type, Bournemouth go two up.

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

One, I quite like Woodrow. I may be the only one on the forum who actually thought he saw something in him when he was here on loan.

hey Cliff, steady on, we all know Woodrow was mine ???

never given a chance here.

I am not now, and never have been, an LJ basher, but I remember being hugely irritated by the fact that he’d brought the lad here on loan and then barely gave him a kick (not the only player to have suffered that fate in the Johnson era).

quite!  

Two, I can’t help thinking that the man we all love to hate, Keith Stroud, is actually refereeing this game very well.

Solanke did very well there didn’t he.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Were you an admirer of Woodrow, Dave? Sorry, I don’t spend that much time on here and must have missed that. In that case, we were on the same wavelength. I’d still have him here now, frankly.

Game over now. Third goal, again while I was posting this. Maybe I should do Barnsley a favour and stop typing!

28 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Were you an admirer of Woodrow, Dave? Sorry, I don’t spend that much time on here and must have missed that. In that case, we were on the same wavelength. I’d still have him here now, frankly.

Game over now. Third goal, again while I was posting this. Maybe I should do Barnsley a favour and stop typing!

Me too, Dave & I regularly discussed on Twitter that he was a far better player than Matty Taylor & would have a far better career & this is being borne out.

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

One, I quite like Woodrow. I may be the only one on the forum who actually thought he saw something in him when he was here on loan. I am not now, and never have been, an LJ basher, but I remember being hugely irritated by the fact that he’d brought the lad here on loan and then barely gave him a kick (not the only player to have suffered that fate in the Johnson era). 

No crowd for him to play up to. 

I like Woodrow. Thought we'd have gone for him if Diedhiou left in the summer 

Yes, bit of a long standing joke that in the summer of 17 I said he’s someone we should be looking at....then he signed.  Then a few said he was shit, coupled with him not getting picked, so I get tarred (in a jokey way) with being the OTIB equivalent of the AnR man who didn’t sign the Beatles ???

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, bit of a long standing joke that in the summer of 17 I said he’s someone we should be looking at....then he signed.  Then a few said he was shit, coupled with him not getting picked, so I get tarred (in a jokey way) with being the OTIB equivalent of the AnR man who didn’t sign the Beatles ???

Ah , OK, now I get it. Beatles analogy a touch harsh, I’d say.

Archived