IGNORED

Soren Andersen goal away at Sunderland

NB111

Does anyone have a link to a video of the Soren Andersen goal away at Sunderland in the 98/99 season? Seem to remember the game being live on sky and we were totally outplayed but Andersen came off the bench to score a brilliant equaliser right at the death.

32 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Just to digress a little, but has any City keeper ever produced a better performance than Keith Welch that night?

Keith Welch was in unbelievable form that night. Stopped everything Phillips and Quinn threw at us. I still can’t believe we mugged a point that night. Quite similar to how we’re mugging points now actually ?

What a night with the lads, absolute scenes. Bedlam coming out over the bridge, on the train back to Newcastle and thereafter in some underground club. Had to break into our hotel as we were so, so late the owners assumed we'd done a runner.  Barely worth it as showered and straight back out for the train back to The Smoke. Rough as....

There's robbery & there's that night on our first visit to the Stadium of Light.....

14 minutes ago, red mist said:

I was at the game. Totally out played in the game. I remember the small band of city fans singing “we’re only loosing 1-0” just prior to Andersen’s late goal. Spent the night in Sunderland. The Sunderland fans were great in the pub after the game

I recall on the terrace we'd heard some Sky stat that it was the most one sided first 45 they'd ever covered. Restart, when we at last got into their half we started singing to that effect..... We're in you half, we're in your half.......we are in your half.....

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Coming away from the ground on the coach that night I saw the funniest thing I have ever seen at football. One particular mackem was so intent on giving us the finger whilst walking backwards he failed to notice a hole that the council had dug. He happened to fall down said hole,

That was actually me!!! And I was celebrating our win ?when fell down hole!! A few of us stayed overnight and couldn't stop laughing about it in the curry house later ??

(It was dark and I was wearing a hat so will let you off thinking I was a he ?)

20 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

graham we watched the game in a house in bedminster i remember being crammed in the room,it was the alamo  ! how the hell we got a point welch was magnificent

Adam Riley’s?

Remember we ended up drinking in some bloke’s house later on, not sure we had ever met him before that night!

9 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

i think it was adams friend sams house we watched the game , no memory of the drinking !

Definitely ended up in what is now the Steam Crane.

Think Sam now lives in the next street to me, Mendip Rd..

Was in a pub in Weston with Dave Chidzey, a very colourful Weston city ‘lad’. Sunderland battered us. Was getting on well with the local patrons, until the goal went in and a bit of furniture was subsequently damaged. Next memory of Soren was away at Palace on a Saturday, he equalised but we lost 2-1. One of my fav away trips in spite of the score. Thanks for the re-visit! Was Sunderland a Monday night game? 

58 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

i think sams house was tucked away behind the argus chip shop , he has been up windmill hill for a few years. just watched sorens goal again first time i have seen it for years great finish , how many did he score that year ?

He got 11, 10 of them in the league.

Him & Akinbiyi could have been a pretty decent partnership but we bought Thorpe as well, which overcomplicated things.

Obviously should have spent that money on a defender, not relied on Julian Watts on a free..

Archived