IGNORED

Team for Brum

old_eastender

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'd go with unchanged EXCEPT Bakinson in from the start in place of Brunt.

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Hunt surely has to be back in if fully fit, Paterson hopefully atleast in the squad 

Agree with both of those. Patio on the bench. Be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Who’s our LB tomorrow?  Jay or Tommy?

Tommy I think. Starting with 433 and Rowe will be lb. Think we go the same team as vs QPR . Brunt was ok second half, Nagy can go more forward. Last game he could have had a hattrick, scored the winner was good. It worked last game, 3 points, think Holden plays the same team.

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Tommy I think. Starting with 433 and Rowe will be lb. Think we go the same team as vs QPR . Brunt was ok second half, Nagy can go more forward. Last game he could have had a hattrick, scored the winner was good. It worked last game, 3 points, think Holden plays the same team.

Perhaps I am in minority but I still think we have a lot more to see from Brunt. I would keep it as it was with the swop of Rowe for JD

In respect of Brunt you do not play god knows how many games in the Prem if your crap. I’m confident you give him games he will come good. 

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Perhaps I am in minority but I still think we have a lot more to see from Brunt. I would keep it as it was with the swop of Rowe for JD

In respect of Brunt you do not play god knows how many games in the Prem if your crap. I’m confident you give him games he will come good. 

Age caught up with him. 

Think we could see Rowe start, more for a risk of Jutkiewicz peeling off and jumping off Dasilva instead, more physical presence of Rowe keeps Jutk on our CB's. Think Hunt will come back in, try and be more aggressive in possession with our full backs. Tyreeq in for Brunt, whether he or Nagy drop in or rotation either way, both look alright going forward atm. After that its just fitness and conditioning and does anyone need a game break from starting. Preference would be Wells/Martin/Semenyo again.  

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Expect Dasilva to start, he’s our first choice and he had a rest midweek..

Only changes I expect are Hunt for Mariappa & maybe Diedhiou back in for Martin.

Think Tyreeq will start again as a sub, but he & Rowe may well start v Blackburn.

I know we are going to have a good season when we beat B’ham and Preston at home. Still waiting.

Just one of those teams that seem to always ‘do’ us. Might just be my faulty memory, but our record against them at AG feels horrid. Both teams you need to be strong against, not be bullied and earn the right to play against first.

1-0 to BCFC.

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Wouldn’t mind shifting COD up to LW and trying Wells through the middle. Allows a  potential midfield three of Nagy, Bakinson & Patterson.

Personally I’d let Callum continue building his confidence in his current role / position.  No need to rush Pato back into the starting eleven, because Callum will need a rest at some point too.

I might start Wells right of Martin and Semenyo left though (the switch they made after 35 mins on Tuesday).

At the end of the day I’m not too fussed who plays within reason.  The squad is a bit stronger with Kalas back starting and Bakinson available to start if needed.

Perhaps Baggie Brunt might up his game against the Blues? ?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I’d let Callum continue building his confidence in his current role / position.  No need to rush Pato back into the starting eleven, because Callum will need a rest at some point too.

I might start Wells right of Martin and Semenyo left though (the switch they made after 35 mins on Tuesday).

At the end of the day I’m not too fussed who plays within reason.  The squad is a bit stronger with Kalas back starting and Bakinson available to start if needed.

Perhaps Baggie Brunt might up his game against the Blues? ?

I only suggest moving COD up to the wing as he basically did that for himself for his “assists”. I think he finished the game there too, did he not?

I’d be happy with Massengo over Pato in the midfield too. They were bigging him up on Twitter today so we may be blessed with his barnet once again. 

11 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I only suggest moving COD up to the wing as he basically did that for himself for his “assists”. I think he finished the game there too, did he not?

I’d be happy with Massengo over Pato in the midfield too. They were bigging him up on Twitter today so we may be blessed with his barnet once again. 

Yeah, I totally get your reasoning.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bentley

Mariappa Vyner Kalas  Dasilva

Nagy Bakinson 

Wells.   O'Dowda.  Semenyo 

Martin 

Agree 100% with that although O’Dowda would be more beside Bakinson in a 433 rather than a 4231.

4 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

How many did he play as a centre midfielder? How many games has Rooney played in the Prem and how much worse would Derby be if he was starting at right back?

...on reflection, they probably can’t be much worse...but the point still stands!

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bentley

Nagy Bakinson 

Martin 

Missed this post earlier.  Assuming everyone fit, it’s what I’d do too.

Need to be careful with Mariappa (let’s not forget Henriksen’s flogging after not playing for ages), but would be a big advantage to give Hunt two games off.  He will still be preparing for matches so one game off doesn’t gain you much, but two games is a bonus especially on the back of his workload.  Bit like being knackered and need a holiday, one week isn’t enough to recharge the batteries.

Dasilva will be chomping at the bit to put a poor (albeit exposed horribly) performance to rights.

Same theory with Pato, if we don’t need to risk him, don’t.

9 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Age has caught up with Brunt. When he played for WBA he was a left flank midfielder, he simply isn't quick or mobile enough to play defensive CM. His first half display was as woeful as I have seen by a City player since the days of Nicky Hunt! 

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Has to be Tommy i think Dave. What are your predictions on this one as i may of missed your usual detaile pre match report. I remember many years back in Division 1 and going away to city at Birmingham and we went down 3-0 in season 76 / 77. We didn’t have a good history against them back in the glory days and didn’t get a win against them to late 78 at home. I remember these ones and also remember where i stood in the ground at each one. Great years even though we didn’t get many wins 

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bentley

Nagy Bakinson 

Martin 

Good suggestion. I’d swap Mariappa and Vyner around, so Vyner’s at RB (on the grounds he’s more comfortable on the ball).

Wells being on the right also highlights why we could do with a right-forward as I think 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is the most suitable system for the players we have right now. 

Problem with prediction of team is we have no idea who is 100% fit and recovered. This is why at times were confused by selection but reality is only a few know the full facts.

Can't fault the effort levels this year but it's about being able to sustain them hence rotation.

I'm sure Callum will play after his performance Tuesday as will Nagy but the pair put in the miles and it will be if it can be sustained.

Reckon Bentley will start!

Archived