IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 16

Oooh, hello!

Yes. I'm back. I deduced that the majority preferred the more technical aspect given by Fevs and with Hav still in the honeymoon phase with Mrs Hav, I stopped posting with the intention to fill in whenever Dave is unavailable. So here I am. The 6th most popular female OTIBer. Like your uncle's fart after a Sunday roast, it lingers...

So what have I missed? City are doing okish, COD was shit but now good again, Cotts and LJ got jobs, Fam might sign his new contract, Hunt is a good vice captain etc...

Standard then. Just the post Christmas slump and banana skin game in the FA cup to look forward to. Classic City.

On to today...

Beeerrrrrrrminhimmmm (H) are on a winless run, most recently losing to Barnsley but also drawing to current top dogs Bournemouth. So I think a 1-1 draw can be expected.

We shall see.

COYRS!

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Oooh, hello!

Yes. I'm back. I deduced that the majority preferred the more technical aspect given by Fevs and with Hav still in the honeymoon phase with Mrs Hav, I stopped posting with the intention to fill in whenever Dave is unavailable. So here I am. The 6th most popular female OTIBer. Like your uncle's fart after a Sunday roast, it lingers...

So what have I missed? City are doing okish, COD was shit but now good again, Cotts and LJ got jobs, Fam might sign his new contract, Hunt is a good vice captain etc...

Standard then. Just the post Christmas slump and banana skin game in the FA cup to look forward to. Classic City.

On to today...

Beeerrrrrrrminhimmmm (H) are on a winless run, most recently losing to Barnsley but also drawing to current top dogs Bournemouth. So I think a 1-1 draw can be expected.

We shall see.

COYRS!

Condensed Version 

Birmingham 

Our beloved is back and my brain can stop hurting.

4 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I like having a separate match thread. Let's keep the sterile tactical analysis and the emotional reactions separate!

Me too. I really like the tactical analysis too, and find it way more insightful than anything I read or see from any journalist or pundit. Well done @Davefevs

If we could keep the emotional reactions in a separate thread that would be perfect.

One match day thread for those looking for match updates and factual updates and assessments and insights of our play from those of a balanced disposition.

Another thread for the knee jerkers, player scapegoaters, bed wetters, only-comment-when-we’re-losing-ers, FFS’ers when we concede a goal and we’re the worst team ever and worse than LJ and DH is clueless even though there’s 87 minutes left to play-ers.

If that could be arranged please?

4 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Me too. I really like the tactical analysis too, and find it way more insightful than anything I read or see from any journalist or pundit. Well done @Davefevs

If we could keep the emotional reactions in a separate thread that would be perfect.

One match day thread for those looking for match updates and factual updates and assessments and insights of our play from those of a balanced disposition.

Another thread for the knee jerkers, player scapegoaters, bed wetters, only-comment-when-we’re-losing-ers, FFS’ers when we concede a goal and we’re the worst team ever and worse than LJ and DH is clueless even though there’s 87 minutes left to play-ers.

If that could be arranged please?

Sending that wish list to the Big Man at the North Pole as we speak. 

He does ask if you've been a good boy this year Fredrick. He will have to check his list first though. ?

1 minute ago, Baba Yaga said:

This is exactly the type of games that we need to be winning! Looked at our home form and the teams we have beaten are in the bottom 6. Hoping for at least 4pts from the next 2 games but we shall see because it's rarely easy at home.

Interesting fixtures today because it's top half at home to bottom half!

6 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

This is exactly the type of games that we need to be winning! Looked at our home form and the teams we have beaten are in the bottom 6. Hoping for at least 4pts from the next 2 games but we shall see because it's rarely easy at home.

Unfortunately these are exactly the sort of games that we’ve struggled in recently. I could be wrong, but don’t think we’ve beaten Brum at home in the last 4 attempts? 

I’ve not seen them play this season, but assuming they are still more of a physical/direct team rather than a passing/possession team then this is exactly the type of opposition that we struggle against, particularly at home (see Millwall, Wigan, Preston etc for other examples). 

Doubt very much that today’s game will be particularly pleasing on the eye, but for me 3 points would be a sign of progress however they come. 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Don’t have that winning feeling about this. Maybe because it’s Birmingham at home!

Our record v Brum(H) the last 9 games...

7 losses 1 draw 1 win

If I had to predict it would be 1-1, probably with us going behind and getting a scabby equaliser...

36 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I must admit I preferred the match day threads that started with a potted history of the town in question. But then I’m a history and QI fan!

Who did those, was it Havanatopia?

J. R. Tolkien grew up in and around Birmingham , it was the city landscape and surrounding countryside that provided some of the inspiration for  The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

‘The Shire’, home to the Hobbits was inspired by the fields and mill at Sarehole, a village now absorbed into Birmingham’s suburbs.

Jill Richardson, (the daughter of the owner of the Crossroads Motel), Meg Richardson. led quite a life  she was married five times - once bigamously - was a drug addict, an alcoholic and had a baby with her stepbrother. 

2 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

J. R. Tolkien grew up in and around Birmingham , it was the city landscape and surrounding countryside that provided some of the inspiration for  The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

‘The Shire’, home to the Hobbits was inspired by the fields and mill at Sarehole, a village now absorbed into Birmingham’s suburbs.

Jill Richardson, (the daughter of the owner of the Crossroads Motel), Meg Richardson. led quite a life  she was married five times - once bigamously - was a drug addict, an alcoholic and had a baby with her stepbrother. 

Condensed version: Birmingham = shithole 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Don’t have that winning feeling about this. Maybe because it’s Birmingham at home!

Our record v Brum(H) the last 9 games...

7 losses 1 draw 1 win

Wow. Never thought it got that bad. Wasn't last seasons game the one we scored in the first minute of something, only to lose? I remember The Chief running from the half way line with the ball toward the open end (maybe it was the Atyeo by then) and smashing the ball into the top corner, for a 2-0 home win I think. Those were the days.

I took the plunge and put us down for a 4-1 home win on the skybet super 6 game. I'll probably be 5 goals out.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’ve always preferred that both threads are kept separate.

I think any of your tactical / scouting review is always worthy if it’s own thread

in sure its of interest to many , especially those that are keen to understand more about the game , and the game generally as much as that particular fixture

Worth having a pinned thread to store just them for easy access for those that like to read them 

Archived