IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 16

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why sterile?  Is that your opinion?  If so, fine....scroll on by.  You’ll be glad there isn’t a preview this week.

Sterile as in clean and free from germs. In this case it's the contamination of having well thought out and researched information from yourself contaminated by people yelling about individual passes. I think it doesn't mix well and forum is better when it's split due to ease of finding the content I want. Yes that's my opinion.

I like the threads. and I'm not happy there isn't one. They're often useful to me.

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

I like having a separate match thread. Let's keep the sterile tactical analysis and the emotional reactions separate!

Sterile ?

With due respect as somebody who admits to no great background in playing / coaching / analysis (As many) I’d have thought you would find it very interesting and a big help in understanding some new bits and pieces 

Ive been around and involved in the game for 40 odd years at various levels and still find I’m learning , especially to keep up with modern trends

The use of graphics (which Dave uses very professionally ) are a massive help / aide

I appreciate some don’t want to understand too deeply but I’d recommend this sort of stuff to anyone because I found , when I had to analyse and understand the game it took my enjoyment to a different level

I find the hardest thing now is to keep up with modern tactical trends and why I’ve enjoyed the previews

All IMHO of course

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Sterile ?

With due respect as somebody who admits to no great background in playing / coaching / analysis (As many) I’d have thought you would find it very interesting and a big help in understanding some new bits and pieces 

Ive been around and involved in the game for 40 odd years at various levels and still find I’m learning , especially to keep up with modern trends

The use of graphics (which Dave uses very professionally ) are a massive help / aide

I appreciate some don’t want to understand too deeply but I’d recommend this sort of stuff to anyone because I found , when I had to analyse and understand the game it took my enjoyment to a different level

I find the hardest thing now is to keep up with modern tactical trends and why I’ve enjoyed the previews

All IMHO of course

Agree completely, as above.

Hope we get a better performance today, but will be happy with however we play, so long as we get 3 points.  Not sure whether we will go 532, 442 or 433 today, but it seems that Dean is liking 433 at the moment.

A lot will depend on who is fit, but I'm hoping to see Nagy and Bakinson in the centre of midfield and that would probably require a shift back to 442.

Been concerned about the form of JD too, so perhaps Rowe will slot into his spot.

Jack Hunt back at RB with Kalas and Vyner in the centre.

Would suggest Semenyo should play up front, but not sure about which of Diedhiou, Wells or Martin should partner him.

2-1 to City, I feel, but it's hard to predict with way we are grinding out games at the moment.

Interesting game today, imo, as it’s one we’re probably expected to win albeit we have a shocking record v Brum (2 wins and 3 draws in the last 16). What I would like to see is a step up in the level of performance from recently and with O’Dowda firing the other night, Bakinson ready to go again, Nagy on form, Brunt putting in a second half on Tuesday that resembled a professional footballer and Wells looking like he has a goal or two in him we should be approaching it with confidence.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think any of your tactical / scouting review is always worthy if it’s own thread

in sure its of interest to many , especially those that are keen to understand more about the game , and the game generally as much as that particular fixture

Worth having a pinned thread to store just them for easy access for those that like to read them 

Totally agree- much as I love to pull Dave's leg about the depth of analysis- It does give me a new dimension to what I'm watching/listening to and about 100x more useful than a brief media overview.I think it will be even better when we can FINALLY get to see the game from the stands. Jeez, how I miss match day .

Sam Bell is on the bench. Apart from being a striker and the son of (we've got) Mickey Bell, does anyone have any information about the lad, because I can't find a player profile on the o/s?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d575fe6d80478eab4357aa1ef0f52895.jpeg

451/4231....no San Jose or Jutkiewicz in the eleven.

Zak Vyner got a striker in Hogan who will give him a serious test in tracking movement (like Pukki).  One to watch how him and Kalas pass-on runners today.  Hogan is one of the best at falling between two markers.

How will they line-up, Dave?

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Sam Bell is on the bench. Apart from being a striker and the son of (we've got) Mickey Bell, does anyone have any information about the lad, because I can't find a player profile on the o/s?

He’s a striker & Mickey Bell’s son, does that help?

Archived