IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 16

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d575fe6d80478eab4357aa1ef0f52895.jpeg

451/4231....no San Jose or Jutkiewicz in the eleven.

Zak Vyner got a striker in Hogan who will give him a serious test in tracking movement (like Pukki).  One to watch how him and Kalas pass-on runners today.  Hogan is one of the best at falling between two markers.

They may have had a mediocre season so far, but like nearly all Championship squads, there is no shortage of decent players among that lot. Jutkiewicz always seems to do damage against us. Glad he's not starting, but look out for him off the bench after an hour.

Colin and Dean were very good signings from Brentford - by Harry, I believe. Kieftenbeld we tried to sign at one point - reportedly. Hogan, agree absolutely with that comment. Friend is very experienced. Like I say, they have good players... 

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

They may have had a mediocre season so far, but like nearly all Championship squads, there is no shortage of decent players among that lot. Jutkiewicz always seems to do damage against us. Glad he's not starting, but look out for him off the bench after an hour.

Colin and Dean were very good signings from Brentford - by Harry, I believe. Kieftenbeld we tried to sign at one point - reportedly. Hogan, agree absolutely with that comment. Friend is very experienced. Like I say, they have good players... 

You can bet your bottom dollar that they manage to lift their game against us .

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing Mickey Bell’s lad on the bench makes me feel ancient.

Anyway, good luck to the kid.

After our discussion about home grown strikers I have a quick tester for you (You will nail it straightaway ;) )

Seeing Bell in the Failand video , in looks , build and style of play - does he remind you of anyone ? (Hopefully goes on to be better)

4-4-3 with Wells as winger or 3-5-2 with Semenyo as right midfielder?

I understand why DH choose Mariappa (he needs game time to build fitness), whereas I would have left Brunt on the bench; not sure about leaving Hunt out, because his crosses could be useful with Martin on the pitch.

Anyway, COYR!

Just now, ashton_fan said:

He was actually quite good in 2nd half, admittedly dreadful in 1st

He was such a liability in the opening stages that I actually wondered if DH might have to withdraw him. To his credit, and perhaps thanks to his experience (and some astute changes at HT), he recovered his composure and went on to make a contribution, but I must admit I had hoped to see him back on the bench. Let's hope he proves all us doubters wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

After our discussion about home grown strikers I have a quick tester for you (You will nail it straightaway ;) )

Seeing Bell in the Failand video , in looks , build and style of play - does he remind you of anyone ? (Hopefully goes on to be better)

Kevin Mabbutt?

5 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

4-4-3 with Wells as winger or 3-5-2 with Semenyo as right midfielder?

I understand why DH choose Mariappa (he needs game time to build fitness), whereas I would have left Brunt on the bench; not sure about leaving Hunt out, because his crosses could be useful with Martin on the pitch.

Anyway, COYR!

Wide forwards imo . Big difference to being a winger 

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sam Bell is on the bench. Apart from being a striker and the son of (we've got) Mickey Bell, does anyone have any information about the lad, because I can't find a player profile on the o/s?

How will they line-up, Dave?

Sharp 2 footed striker. Hits the ball well with both feet. Quick enough to leave a defender but not lighting so quite like Nahki Wells. Relatively small but jumps well. Scored about 7 in 10 for Yate last season. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve always preferred that both threads are kept separate.

Agreed. There have been times I’ve posted something on your thread and then when merged my post made no sense!! 
Not sure why the mods always merged them. 

Archived