IGNORED

Your favourite Pistols track. One each per OTIBer

AppyDAZE

I turn the volume up when the Pistols play. An honourable mention for (the Steve Jones' hooky) Pretty Vacant, but I crank it up to 11 for an odd track - for all the anti-establishement/destroy the old stuff stance of punk, they made a smash of an old Monkees track: Stepping Stone. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He was/is. The amount of world class performers he`s played with since the Pistols is amazing.

It's also worth pointing out that Glen Matlock was a decent bass player.

I always think it looks strange when you see footage of the Pistols and Glen is playing the bass finger-style, as apposed to Syd's beat the **** out of the thing with a plectrum. Also it is well known that Steve plays bass on the album. (I think)

Also great on his radio interview show thing. A good guy.

On 06/12/2020 at 06:28, AppyDAZE said:

AppyDAZE:

Holidays in the sun for me from the album never mind the bollocks. Also same era as the Ramones and the Clash that also had some memorable hits. All three bands are listed in the top ten bands for punk rock of all time 

Apart from Pretty Vacant, how about this sometimes overlooked gem, New York. 

It's such a powerful track with Rotten's brilliant sneering vocal taking a swipe at Johnny Thunders and the New York scene, and Cook & Jones at their thunderous best. Played really loud it makes your ribcage spasm ?

m2SLpCiyqlk 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Crikey I’m getting old...............:dunno:

To me the Pistols music is like Status Quo - all the same chords, but with aggressive vocals and I have absolutely no idea about my favourite Pistols song.

I can’t tell the difference between any of them.

So are you more a Barry Manilow kind of guy Your Robboness ?

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So are you more a Barry Manilow kind of guy Your Robboness ?

I’m sounding like my dad......He used to think that all recent music “sounded the same”.

I listened to Motown, various rock bands like the Jam, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and and of course Pink Floyd as well as musicians like Cat Stevens, Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell. West coast American music like the Eagles, Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers along with Lynyrd Skynyrd.

As eclectic taste in other words. None of it sounds the same!

21 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

It's all about opinions, but I always has Submission down as the weakest track on Bollocks. Not a bad track , but my least favourite on the album.

From the album, I'd go for No Feelings

My completely unresearched theory is maybe Submission is the favourite of people who got more into post-punk than punk itself. I think the fact that it is less of a straight punk track and hints at slightly dancier leanings might be the exact reason why I like it and why others might see it as the weakest track on the album. That could be nonsense though. 

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m sounding like my dad......He used to think that all recent music “sounded the same”.

I listened to Motown, various rock bands like the Jam, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and and of course Pink Floyd as well as musicians like Cat Stevens, Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell. West coast American music like the Eagles, Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers along with Lynyrd Skynyrd.

As eclectic taste in other words. None of it sounds the same!

I'll give you that 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

My completely unresearched theory is maybe Submission is the favourite of people who got more into post-punk than punk itself. I think the fact that it is less of a straight punk track and hints at slightly dancier leanings might be the exact reason why I like it and why others might see it as the weakest track on the album. That could be nonsense though. 

True. But it is a shame that Did You No Wrong and Satellite didn't make the album, as both songs are really strong. I'd have swapped Liar for either of those two.

Archived