IGNORED

Bristol City Youth Cup Stream

And Its Smith

Guess this reduces the chance of one of these lads joining up with the 1st squad as Holden mentioned in his pre-Brum interview. I'd assume they'll keep this squad whole for the next round and whichever lad it is (money on Benarous personally) they won't join up until and unless we get knocked out.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Hard to see how we can keep hold of Benarous to be honest.  Surely a cat one academy will sign him sooner or later 

He’d cost quite a lot by now if a team wanted him that route, think I read an interview saying he was at the academy at a young age and it adds every year they’re here, add he’s 17 and could have signed a pro deal potentially or we’d offer him one if an academy came asking etc 

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He’d cost quite a lot by now if a team wanted him that route, think I read an interview saying he was at the academy at a young age and it adds every year they’re here, add he’s 17 and could have signed a pro deal potentially or we’d offer him one if an academy came asking etc 

Was gonna be my question to you, whether he’s signed a pro deal or not.  It was me that put the compensation amounts on here.

Here’s a good article too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41839083

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Guess it depends what you class as a lot. It would be less than £1m as I understand it even with add-ons.  It has improved but there is more to be done. If someone took Lloyd Kelly we would have got less than 10% of what we got in the end

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Guess this reduces the chance of one of these lads joining up with the 1st squad as Holden mentioned in his pre-Brum interview. I'd assume they'll keep this squad whole for the next round and whichever lad it is (money on Benarous personally) they won't join up until and unless we get knocked out.

I thought Holden said then that the 3 joining up with the first team squad were Sam Pearson, Zac Smith & Sam Bell (who got on).

Didn’t think there was any indication any others would & those 3 are now staying with the first team until January.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought Holden said then that the 3 joining up with the first team squad were Sam Pearson, Zac Smith & Sam Bell (who got on).

Didn’t think there was any indication any others would & those 3 are now staying with the first team until January.

No, Dean said there was one more who couldn’t join up until after the FAYC match.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, Dean said there was one more who couldn’t join up until after the FAYC match.

Wait! Wait! I've got the Source! @GrahamC watch the last minute of this video.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ah, fair enough.

17 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Hard to see how we can keep hold of Benarous to be honest.  Surely a cat one academy will sign him sooner or later 

I don't understand, can someone explain to me why we cannot tie Benarous down to a long term contract?  Is it his age? His reluctance to sign with us, Regulations?   I would be grateful if someone could put me in the picture?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I don't understand, can someone explain to me why we cannot tie Benarous down to a long term contract?  Is it his age? His reluctance to sign with us, Regulations?   I would be grateful if someone could put me in the picture?

Don’t think there’s a regulation. There’s two sides to any contract and for a younger player on the up shorter contracts are often better than long ones. Rather than pay and rations I imagine he is looking for opportunity and pathway. Why go to another club to sit in the Academy teams (albeit with an extra couple of quid) when you can get real first team experience at City or out on loan. 

39 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Our U18s win at Forest in FA Youth Cup 

In the same competition Tonight the Gas U18s were dumped out by ............

Camberley Town U18s !!

The gift that keeps giving......

Round 1 as well due to delayed fixture because of no amateur sport during lockdown

Archived