IGNORED

Outrageous Goal of the Day

Champion Dung Spreader

2 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Apparently he got a yellow - he should have gone down on his knees and headed it - would that have got him a red?

Wtf did he get a yellow for ? under what rule/offence ?

Having said that the keeper should have kicked him over the bar as he eventually deemed to shoot

21 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Apparently he got a yellow - he should have gone down on his knees and headed it - would that have got him a red? ??

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

14 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He can’t have got a yellow for any of the in play stuff as he just kicks it into the net when he wants.

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Yellow card??? what the hell for?????

3 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

How bizare how the **** did he end up with a yellow card no piss taking no over the top celebration ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Not a booking for me (and I was once a referee) - however, there is some subjectivity around the 'unsporting behaviour' definition and this would presumably fall under that.

As for getting down on your knees and heading the ball in - this is a yellow card offense. It was once specifically used as an example actually on a training course I was on. That, along with scooping the ball up and heading it back to your keeper as a back pass, and a few other niche things.

Basically anything 'banterous' you do to waste a bit of time/show off - the refereeing teams are often taught to caution for it. It's sad really.

14 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Not a booking for me (and I was once a referee) - however, there is some subjectivity around the 'unsporting behaviour' definition and this would presumably fall under that.

As for getting down on your knees and heading the ball in - this is a yellow card offense. It was once specifically used as an example actually on a training course I was on. That, along with scooping the ball up and heading it back to your keeper as a back pass, and a few other niche things.

Basically anything 'banterous' you do to waste a bit of time/show off - the refereeing teams are often taught to caution for it. It's sad really.

It is sad.

I know it's taboo to mention Bobby Gould on here (a bit like the mentioning 'the fishing trip' on Gavin and Stacey), but I remember Bobby Gould playing for us. On one occasion he skinned an opponent, who ended up on his back near a corner flag. Bobby put his foot on the guy’s chest and raised his arms, cupping his hands together in a victory pose and grinning from ear to ear. I'm pretty sure he didn't get booked - most people (including the opposition) just laughed - how times have changed ?

38 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Having said that the keeper should have kicked him over the bar as he eventually deemed to shoot

Bad sportsmanship...he was taking the p**s.  Surprised he didn't get a  Glasgow kiss for his trouble?

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

They'll have to start giving yellow cards for back heels then?

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

It is sad.

I know it's taboo to mention Bobby Gould on here (a bit like the mentioning 'the fishing trip' on Gavin and Stacey), but I remember Bobby Gould playing for us. On one occasion he skinned an opponent, who ended up on his back near a corner flag. Bobby put his foot on the guy’s chest and raised his arms, cupping his hands together in a victory pose and grinning from ear to ear. I'm pretty sure he didn't get booked - most people (including the opposition) just laughed - how times have changed ?

Yes they have changed. Mostly for the better, occasionally not.

However the Laws of the game were the same then as they are now in this regard, (unsporting behavior) we are just less tolerant of piss takers in all walks of life. If I remember, for the record, from that time, Gerry Gow was not particularly tolerant of Bobby Gould and had to be dragged off him once!

http://www.syossetsoccer.org/home/683808.html

What about taking the ball towards the corner flag to waste time? Surely that's 'unsporting behaviour' too?

And goal keepers waiting until the last second to pick a ball up as the opposition player runs towards them. Not to mention catching a ball in the dying seconds and then diving to the ground to waste time.

Crazy... never a yellow card and brings into question many other aspects of the game.

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

What makes that more ridiculous, is that the ref went to walk of when he scored.

So he's literally given a yellow card, based on the other teams reacton. Whichever way you look at it, its a stupid decision.

It is a very poor decision in my opinion.

Unfortunately though, easily explainable under the current guidance for referees, and so under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect him to be marked down for it.

However, having said that, the fact this is probably going to get a lot of publicity will count against him I'm sure, so his decision will face more scrutiny now.

2 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

It is sad.

I don't mind you mentioning Bobby Gould. People have there own opinions of him but for me he was one of those players who was always worth the admission fee on their own. Some of his antics may have been outrageous but so were many of his goals. Love him or hate him you couldn't ignore him. 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

I can remember Trevor Tainton collecting the ball just outside our penalty area and getting down on his knees to head the ball into the area avoiding the back pass to our keeper.

Was there a back pass rule when Trev was playing....surely he’d finished long before that came in.  I played in the same team as him before that rule came in.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Was there a back pass rule when Trev was playing....surely he’d finished long before that came in.  I played in the same team as him before that rule came in.

Which one  were you Dave, are we in the presence of greatness here?

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Which one  were you Dave, are we in the presence of greatness here?

Only in my own mind ???

No, when I was 17-19 I played for Imperial Bristol (Somerset Senior League) and Trevor was a teammate. He was late 30s/40.  Lovely chap, just loved playing.  We played in red shirts / white shorts / red socks that was the same as the Hireite kit, but no sponsors.  In that same time, played against Donnie Gillies who was player-manager of Clutton.  

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only in my own mind ???

No, when I was 17-19 I played for Imperial Bristol (Somerset Senior League) and Trevor was a teammate. He was late 30s/40.  Lovely chap, just loved playing.  We played in red shirts / white shorts / red socks that was the same as the Hireite kit, but no sponsors.  In that same time, played against Donnie Gillies who was player-manager of Clutton.  

Where did he play Dave ?

Sitting in midfield ?

My claim to fame is playing with , well watching in awe mainly , Eddie Gray !! 

Archived