IGNORED

World Cup 2022 Draw

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, Harry said:

It’ll be the first one with 32 fans 

I'm pretty confident things will improve greatly with the vaccine, and don't forget the world cup finals isn't till November, fairly confident by then we will be looking back at this as a horrible memory.

11 hours ago, pillred said:

I'm pretty confident things will improve greatly with the vaccine, and don't forget the world cup finals isn't till November, fairly confident by then we will be looking back at this as a horrible memory.

It was a double-edged joke. 
Covid, yeah for sure. But was also aimed at Qatar being the most fan unfriendly destination for a World Cup ?

Poland are quite a good side, don't lose at home often. Lewandowski is the main man but they have a good range of players. If fans allowed back in fair numbers, they create quite a good atmosphere let's say- can often be a factor away to Eastern European sides, or Turkey. South America of course, that's something else but they're all behind closed doors so irrelevant.

Nagy with Hungary a bit of interest in the 2nd.

On 07/12/2020 at 16:30, AshtonGreat said:

International qualifiers are so bloody dull. Roll on the finals

They really are - especially as we have four games against complete make weights in San Marino and Andorra.

The qualifying campaigns for the WC and Euros needs a complete overhaul because there are far too many games now with nothing riding on them, particularly in the Euros where two thirds of the finalists go on to the knockout stages.

Back in the day, every qualifier was almost like a knockout tie because one defeat would seriously hurt your chances of qualifying. The collapse of the Eastern Bloc of course meant a lot more teams vying for places but as they keep on expanding the finals tournaments quality has diluted. 16 was the ideal number of the ECs and 32 for the WC.

On 08/12/2020 at 15:03, Kid in the Riot said:

Even if it's after March, annoyingly flights from Bristol to Budapest are ceasing on 27 March 2021...

So either a trip to London, or a train from Vienna

Yep looking at London flights but oooh didn’t think or train from Vienna 

Quite a few of us booked for Hungary already. Wednesday to Saturday. Can’t wait. 
For those who find the qualifying process dull, I disagree. The opportunity to travel to Hungary, Andorra, San Marino, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Albania etc etc is not something I’d experience if it weren’t for these qualifiers. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Quite a few of us booked for Hungary already. Wednesday to Saturday. Can’t wait. 
For those who find the qualifying process dull, I disagree. The opportunity to travel to Hungary, Andorra, San Marino, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Albania etc etc is not something I’d experience if it weren’t for these qualifiers. 

Mate i say that to anyone who ever asks why i like following England away - my missus would have absolutely zero interest visiting those places above so when else would i get to go? I went to Kaliningrad to watch England and it was great, i can’t wait for Hungary 

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Mate i say that to anyone who ever asks why i like following England away - my missus would have absolutely zero interest visiting those places above so when else would i get to go? I went to Kaliningrad to watch England and it was great, i can’t wait for Hungary 

100% mate. 
Nice little (!) group developing for this trip already. ?

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Good on you but out of interest do you take a day or so either side of the match to see any of the country you're visiting? Otherwise its a bit like following City away. If someone asked, for example, if I've been to Scunthorpe the answer would be yes. But ask what I've seen of Scunthorpe then the answer would be Glanford Park and the adjacent pub. I've never been anywhere near the town. 

Went to Hungary in 1992 for a friendly for euro 92 fantastic place 

watched Andy Cole play for the B team / under 21,s the day before 

proud as punch to see a city player playing for England 

love watching England away and if given the choice of city or England away I’m afraid it would be England every time 

sorry .....

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Good on you but out of interest do you take a day or so either side of the match to see any of the country you're visiting? Otherwise its a bit like following City away. If someone asked, for example, if I've been to Scunthorpe the answer would be yes. But ask what I've seen of Scunthorpe then the answer would be Glanford Park and the adjacent pub. I've never been anywhere near the town. 

Yeah - flight dependent obviously, we took a train trip in to the lakes in Lithuania and it was absolutely brilliant . Sometimes there is not enough time as some places are tough to get too so you might spend more time somewhere else but usually there is time to have a good look around 

38 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As Rob said, if flight times allow, we often do something. As a group, on the trips I’ve been on, us City fans are a much more cultured bunch than the rest. We don’t tend to spend the whole weekend in the Irish bars on the main squares, instead trying to find a more quaint, local bar, in the backstreets. 
Trips to the lakes and castles in Lithuania, wandering round the old town of Estonia, taking boat trips in Slovenia, even taking in a rock band in Helsinki (Reckless Love) and that’s us below, on the stage after they performed, they even let us ‘sticker up’ their amps ?.

Quality time with quality blokes - and still plenty of time for beer and football ?

B342DA54-9B26-49BB-94B4-DB26373E99F8.jpeg

68AFF1BA-E8A9-412E-AB53-F7701E3301FA.jpeg

B3BA6DC2-0FCD-4616-990D-6E8FDDAEA5B1.jpeg

F63780C5-8E8E-47D8-B517-E85EC07D515E.jpeg

8D01C989-7073-4570-A31A-7F4BD9FF1342.jpeg

679F07C5-4010-45B4-81C1-901457A4B07F.jpeg

DCC3F3A8-A683-4BA7-9365-3BE4236783A1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

As Rob said, if flight times allow, we often do something. As a group, on the trips I’ve been on, us City fans are a much more cultured bunch than the rest. We don’t tend to spend the whole weekend in the Irish bars on the main squares, instead trying to find a more quaint, local bar, in the backstreets. 
Trips to the lakes and castles in Lithuania, wandering round the old town of Estonia, taking boat trips in Slovenia, even taking in a rock band in Helsinki (Reckless Love) and that’s us below, on the stage after they performed, they even let us ‘sticker up’ their amps ?.

Quality time with quality blokes - and still plenty of time for beer and football ?

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Some well known faces there 

Archived