IGNORED

ROBINS ON ROOF OF FOOTBALL LEAGUE CONTENT

David Brent

17 minutes ago, David Brent said:

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bad news really. Gives them validation that the content is 'good' so they'll press on. 

I think it's been better this season though, they've got the balance a bit more where it should be. Less trying too hard to be funny.

Yeah this sort of thing seems like a big circle jerk.

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bad news really. Gives them validation that the content is 'good' so they'll press on. 

I’d have thought they’d want to do everything at the training ground this summer, show it off once finished 

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it's been better this season though, they've got the balance a bit more where it should be. Less trying too hard to be funny.

It is good, hence why it was named "Best Football Club in the Football League". Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good?

13 hours ago, David Brent said:

I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is, we’re playing appalling football and sliding down the table. The good news Is we’ve won some Mickey Mouse social media content award. 

That’s just bad news and irrelevant news.

I think most people consider awards good news. You’re still thinking about the bad news aren’t you?!

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is, we’re playing appalling football and sliding down the table. The good news Is we’ve won some Mickey Mouse social media content award. 

That’s just bad news and irrelevant news.

I think most people consider awards good news. You’re still thinking about the bad news aren’t you?!

******* hell, Fordy. Hardly sliding down the table! Surely we'd all have settled for where we are right now at the start of the season?

Anyway, how's the hat? ?

Remember not long ago there was a thread of people slating the social media team. I disagreed with a few posters on there and got told "Majority of people on this thread disagree with you so you are wrong". I always thought the content was decent. Well it seems loyal supporters and a judging panel disagree with them. I think some people get caught up thinking OTIB is Bristol City's hivemind, it really isn't. 

Keep up the good work media team :) 

29 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

******* hell, Fordy. Hardly sliding down the table! Surely we'd all have settled for where we are right now at the start of the season?

Anyway, how's the hat? ?

I don’t really think we’re sliding down the table, it was just an over exaggeration to help the office quote!

Re the hate... I’m currently in Cam and wearing it now!

15 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit of a hypocritical thing to say Phileas.

Don't you think if they're on the right tracks you'd want them to be encouraged with awards like this season? 

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Don't you think if they're on the right tracks you'd want them to be encouraged with awards like this season? 

The article also says that it's for player interviews, training ground videos and match day items rather than "They've won the award for the tweet to Leeds which made us look a bit rubbish that no-one liked".

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

The article also says that it's for player interviews, training ground videos and match day items rather than "They've won the award for the tweet to Leeds which made us look a bit rubbish that no-one liked".

Indeed, but people were writing them completely off for a bad tweet and ignoring the very good they've done because of a tweet they disliked. Some even saying they should be replaced. 

If they're on the right track and they're rewarded it's a very good thing. 

2 hours ago, grifty said:

It is good, hence why it was named "Best Football Club in the Football League". Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good?

In the opinion of whoever was judging, doesn't mean it's the best and most appropriate content for us as fans. 

25 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Remember not long ago there was a thread of people slating the social media team. I disagreed with a few posters on there and got told "Majority of people on this thread disagree with you so you are wrong". I always thought the content was decent. Well it seems loyal supporters and a judging panel disagree with them. I think some people get caught up thinking OTIB is Bristol City's hivemind, it really isn't. 

Keep up the good work media team :) 

It's a good representative sample. We don't know what criteria they were judged on either. Besides, our fans are a bit like Arsenal fans, we vote for anything at all regarding Bristol City regardless what's being judged. 

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

No, because it gives them more carte blanche for doing their usual sort of crap. I think Adam Baker had a much better handle on what our support actually wanted. 

13 minutes ago, grifty said:

Hahaha

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In the opinion of whoever was judging, doesn't mean it's the best and most appropriate content for us as fans. 

I agree, but also doesn't make it 'bad news' so they'll keep doing it because that was the opinion you took when judging the content.

I don't get a lot of the humour, however was a big fan of the behind the scenes videos on Youtube and am looking forward to seeing it for the new training ground.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a good representative sample. We don't know what criteria they were judged on either. Besides, our fans are a bit like Arsenal fans, we vote for anything at all regarding Bristol City regardless what's being judged. 

No, because it gives them more carte blanche for doing their usual sort of crap. I think Adam Baker had a much better handle on what our support actually wanted. 

Hahaha

Are you aware you don't have to follow the club's social media content if you don't like it? 

If you've got such a good grasp of what the fan base wants to see, why not start your own content about Bristol City? I'd be your first follower - of course until you post something not to my taste at which point I'll brand you as crap.

Positivity is quite good for your health. Maybe give it a go.

Just now, grifty said:

I agree, but also doesn't make it 'bad news' so they'll keep doing it because that was the opinion you took when judging the content.

I don't get a lot of the humour, however was a big fan of the behind the scenes videos on Youtube and am looking forward to seeing it for the new training ground.

I think their video content is generally pretty good. My main complaint has been the tone, they've constantly misjudged the appropriate tone for our support. They don't understand when is/isn't a good time to make a 'joke' tweet. 

I also don't like the way they sometimes sarcastically reply to fans using the official club account and the occasional political slant they hint at on certain tweets.

I think they do try hard to be creative, but historically haven't 'read the room' very well. The problem is the main people behind our social media output aren't Bristol City fans per se, they're people with decent digital backgrounds in sport. Very hard to truly understand what the fans want/need in that context unless you're a fan.

I still feel they need an Adam Baker figure on board who is a genuine fan of the club and can help steer them whilst keeping the creativity. 

Just now, Coxy27 said:

Are you aware you don't have to follow the club's social media content if you don't like it? 

If you've got such a good grasp of what the fan base wants to see, why not start your own content about Bristol City? I'd be your first follower - of course until you post something not to my taste at which point I'll brand you as crap.

Positivity is quite good for your health. Maybe give it a go.

I did unfollow them for a time, but Twitter remains the best place to get updates on the club - especially during a match. 

I won't start my own because I have no interest in doing so, but it's a silly argument because I'm allowed to say what I believe about their content/output without having my own. That's similar to saying 'stop criticising Dean Holden, go and manage your own team'. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hahaha

It was voted by fans and experts so I think it's a good award to receive. If the fans didn't like it they wouldn't have voted. I don't think that's a strong argument at all. 

So you see a couple of tweets you dont like and think they should be scrapped? I think that's odd myself, the video content has been fantastic. As nice as Adam Baker was he didn't get anywhere near that. 

Just now, Sturny said:

It was voted by fans and experts so I think it's a good award to receive. If the fans didn't like it they wouldn't have voted. I don't think that's a strong argument at all. 

So you see a couple of tweets you dont like and think they should be scrapped? I think that's odd myself, the video content has been fantastic. Adam Baker didn't get anywhere near that. 

Experts being who exactly? 

No, it's fairly consistent observations about the tone and reading the room, see my reply to Grifty.

The couple of tweets that many people have highlighted are just a good example of that lack of understanding coming to a head. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, grifty said:

I wonder how shit the rest of the league must be?

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It was voted by fans and experts so I think it's a good award to receive.

So our own young fans?

I would be interested to see where the voting was held

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Experts being who exactly? 

No, it's fairly consistent observations about the tone and reading the room, see my reply to Grifty.

The couple of tweets that many people have highlighted are just a good example of that lack of understanding coming to a head. 

I had a look, by the awards panel and snqckmedia. Looks pretty professional to me but I see you're trying to find wiggle room now by writing this award off ? Can't you just accept there's a different opinion to yours?

Nah it's really not a good argument, if you're happy with the content you vote and of course there's some bias but it was also against other bias from other fans. If you're unhappy you don't vote. I seriously doubt it was a majority of fans who were blinding voting. It's clear a good amount of fans and a judging panel thought the content was good.

I know you will reply repeating the same point, but i'm just not buying it. 

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I had a look, by the awards panel and snqckmedia. Looks pretty professional to me but I see you're trying to find wiggle room now by writing this award off ? Can't you just accept there's a different opinion to yours?

So you didn't look before you called them experts? ? 

I can completely accept people with a different opinion, I'm not being rude to you or dismissive - just replying. Maybe it's you that can't accept a different opinion!

Depends on how their being judged too, if it's for 'engagement' as a metric (in addition to fan voting) then the roof reveals did really well in that regard. They're a good example of creativity and doing something outside the box - I'd describe that as good content generally. I haven't criticised their video output which I generally think is good. 

My issue, which I've been completely consistent on, is their tone. My remarks about them winning this award are about giving their general approach to output validation - and my concern is that they will become a bit complacent and slip into what they were doing before.

If you read my first comment properly, you'll see I say they've been better this season. I think generally they have been a bit better and their approach suits the overall audience more appropriately.

I know you will reply repeating the same point, but i'm just not buying it. 

Which point is that? Talking about tone or something else?

It's easy to think we could do better or know someone who could but as they say you can't please all the people all the time so it's not an easy job. While I don't think our social media output is great or dire, I think this kind of award just shows how poor an average clubs output is never mind a bad one. We can all wish for it to be continually improving, but sometimes it's a good idea to appreciate what we have got.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So you didn't look before you called them experts? ? 

I can completely accept people with a different opinion, I'm not being rude to you or dismissive - just replying. Maybe it's you that can't accept a different opinion!

Depends on how their being judged too, if it's for 'engagement' as a metric (in addition to fan voting) then the roof reveals did really well in that regard. They're a good example of creativity and doing something outside the box - I'd describe that as good content generally. I haven't criticised their video output which I generally think is good. 

My issue, which I've been completely consistent on, is their tone. My remark about them winning this reward is it gives their general approach to output validation - and my concern is that they will become a bit complacent and slip into what they were doing before.

If you read my first comment properly, you'll see I say they've been better this season. I think generally they have been a bit better and their approach suits the overall audience more appropriately.

Which point is that? Talking about tone or something else?

I did look, did you before writing the award off ;)

Oh so can I! I'm just enjoying seeing some validation from this award and seeing some people struggle to accept it receiving praise, I think those are the ones struggling to accept different opinions. 

Earlier you stated it's been better (I totally agree) and I believe this award will only encourage it. I think it's a bit pessimistic to believe they'll become worse from receving encouragement when going in the right direction. I understand what you're saying Phileas, I just think it's bit daft! 

Just now, Sturny said:

I did look, did you before writing the award off ;)

I did actually, full disclosure I do have some background in a related sector so am coming to this debate with a bit of prior knowledge. I don't feel my views on this come as a 'hater', but as someone who does understand the sector and what they're trying to do. 

Just now, Sturny said:

Oh so can I! I'm just enjoying seeing some validation from this award and seeing some people struggle to accept it receiving praise, I think those are the ones struggling to accept different opinions. 

I think they deserve praise for the video content, and they do a good job with that. It's moving the goalposts to suggest I haven't criticised anything other than their tone and reading the room incorrectly. My concern is that they get complacent and revert back to the errors they've committed in the past. 

Just now, Sturny said:

Earlier you stated it's been better (I totally agree) and I believe this award will only encourage it. I think it's a bit pessimistic to believe they'll become worse from receving encouragement when going in the right direction. I understand what you're saying Phileas, I just think it's bit daft!

Let's hope you're right then. I hope they get given a bigger budget for video output, it would be great to see the new training ground in all it's glory for example. Video is really important in content creation and it's a strength. I think there's definitely room for improvement on 'reading the room' and tone, but that does come with experience. Perhaps now the current team have been in the job for a couple of seasons that will reach the same standard as the video output.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I did actually, full disclosure I do have some background in a related sector so am coming to this debate with a bit of prior knowledge. I don't feel my views on this come as a 'hater', but as someone who does understand the sector and what they're trying to do. 

I think they deserve praise for the video content, and they do a good job with that. It's moving the goalposts to suggest I haven't criticised anything other than their tone and reading the room incorrectly. My concern is that they get complacent and revert back to the errors they've committed in the past. 

Let's hope you're right then. I hope they get given a bigger budget for video output, it would be great to see the new training ground in all it's glory for example. Video is really important in content creation and it's a strength. I think there's definitely room for improvement on 'reading the room' and tone, but that does come with experience. Perhaps now the current team have been in the job for a couple of seasons that will reach the same standard as the video output.

Fair enough, I've also worked for an agency before that dealt with awards. Are we dick measuring now? Is this what it has degraded to ??! 

Like I said, I think it's pessimistic to think they will get worse from receiving this award, I don't see it that way at all. I think you just disliked the tone so much you live in fear of it returning! Haha 

I think this award is good news only, hopefully we'll get more content/tone of how you put it in your first post "got the balance a bit more where it should be. Less trying too hard to be funny.". We haven't clashed in awhile Phileas, till next time ;) 

Just now, Sturny said:

Fair enough, I've also worked for an agency before that dealt with awards. Are we dick measuring now? Is this what it has degraded to ??! 

No Sturny, don't be silly - just applying some context to why it might seem I'm hypercritical and nitpicking. I'm not invalidating your point of view based on my experience, I'm just putting it into context. 

Just now, Sturny said:

Like I said, I think it's pessimistic to think they will get worse from receiving this award, I don't see it that way at all. I think you just disliked the tone so much you live in fear of it returning! Haha 

Hardly live in fear, that's quite melodramatic. Just giving my views on it on a designated thread. 

Just now, Sturny said:

I think this award is good news only, hopefully we'll get more content/tone of how you put it in your first post "got the balance a bit more where it should be. Less trying too hard to be funny.". We haven't clashed in awhile Phileas, till next time ;)

Yes I think we're aligned in general - both think the video content is good, both think they've improved generally on tone. Let's hope you're right and they continue in the right direction.

Yes, a good spar as always. Was a bit like Tyson Fury vs Dave Allen as usual but you're getting better! ?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t really think we’re sliding down the table, it was just an over exaggeration to help the office quote!

Re the hate... I’m currently in Cam and wearing it now!

And no doubt feeling the love! They're on about snoods next....!

Archived