IGNORED

PSG Vs Istanbul Basaksehir postponed due to comments made by 4th official

phantom

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Totally different in my eyes,this situation is like Fury fighting AJ in boxing and the commentators saying the black bloke is taking a hiding 

No because the commentator would know AJs name, obviously. The 4th official didn't know the coaches name, so described him the best he could. Unfortunate, but its the reaction that makes the fight against racism all the harder.

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

No because the commentator would know AJs name, obviously. The 4th official didn't know the coaches name, so described him the best he could. Unfortunate, but its the reaction that makes the fight against racism all the harder.

What nonsense,he knew exactly who the coach was and he wasn’t about to peg it out the ground like a bloody criminal never to be seen again 

I lived in spain as a kid and many kids would call me negro in a racist manner, its a simple way to get around not calling you the n word.

Im pretty sure all officials in the champions league have to communicate in english as a rule? So why is he saying negro in romanian for?

Even if you dont agree its racist,  you should at least understand that calling a black guy especially ones who have had racist abuse in france and turkey aimed at them, negro, not particularly  a smart move right?

I have never heard anyone call anyone blanco, have you? 

I wouldnt say most people are racist i just feel most people are uneducated in this.

55 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If you were having a discussion about the girl band All Saints and someone said 'Which one is Shaznay Lewis?', surely most people would say 'She's the black girl.' It's not meant in a derogatory way, it just makes it easier to identify her among three white girls? I dunno, I'm just trying to make a comparison... 

Anybody who has listened to that band would say the only girl who can sing surely without bringing colour into it 

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You're really grasping at strawers now.

It's not an uncommon way of saying something. 

I can't work out if you are just determined to hope this was a racist comment.

I'd bet you are gutted Millwall didn't boo tonight 

Yes he is determined to , the most permanently offended member of tje forum ?

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haven’t a clue but I have seen jay z,snoop dog and dr Dre mention some “white boy” being the best rapper out there,emineminum or sumat 

look them up , they do spell the words slightly different but they was one of the best gangster rap groups from late 80s to early 90s ,and yes i bought there music but it does make me wonder what they would be called now if they ever come back,

Good to see the usuals on Twitter outraged by the 'Racist' 4th official on Twitter. Ian Wright and Raheem Sterling. Those multi millionaires.

Yet Micah Richards, a guy who has shared his own opinion on the matter has been getting dogs abuse by the BLM crowd. 

You are one of us, unless you don't have the right or shall i say 'left' opinion. 

5 hours ago, 2015 said:

Good to see the usuals on Twitter outraged by the 'Racist' 4th official on Twitter. Ian Wright and Raheem Sterling. Those multi millionaires.

Yet Micah Richards, a guy who has shared his own opinion on the matter has been getting dogs abuse by the BLM crowd. 

You are one of us, unless you don't have the right or shall i say 'left' opinion. 

Ah yes, you can’t call out alleged racism if you’re a millionaire. Forgot that one.

10 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

‘This Black Guy ‘ is a somewhat different allegation to ‘N******’

But if Ba isn't familiar with the Romanian language, then very easy for "negru" to be confused with "n****r"

The defense of "this black guy" is frankly pathetic.

10 hours ago, Selred said:

On the other hand the black blues brothers are on the royal variety show right now. So they can describe themselves as black, but the 4th official can't describe a coach as black? 

Is it not the same as saying the blonde guy, or even the word guy? 

Happy to be proven wrong here, just querying.

Someone using their own skin colour as an identifier is different to a stranger doing so.

I cant remember her name, but there's a comedian with cerebral palsy, a lot of her jokes are around that and make fun of herself, yet if you saw a person who didn't know her making fun of her cerebral palsy you'd probably (I hope) consider that person extremely rude.

Absolutely not the same as someone's hair colour either, first you can dye your hair, second have blonde people been repressed in the last few hundred years?

Another pathetic  defense.

9 hours ago, Selred said:

But is it any different to saying the bald guy? Or the guy with the tattoo? It's describing their appearance? 

And then i mentioned we had the black blue brothers on the Royal Variety this evening. Should they not call themselves that? 

You have to be deliberately being thick, I cannot believe you are really pursuing this line of thought.

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

If you were having a discussion about the girl band All Saints and someone said 'Which one is Shaznay Lewis?', surely most people would say 'She's the black girl.' It's not meant in a derogatory way, it just makes it easier to identify her among three white girls? I dunno, I'm just trying to make a comparison... 

“Most people do it” isn’t a defence for racism

Like it or not, you shouldn’t identify someone in that manner (except obviously in formal settings such as identify a suspect of a crime)

It has deep rooted meaning to identify someone as “the black one”, and once again it’s not for us who have never experienced it to judge what is and isn’t offensive. You might not agree with it but ultimately it’s not your decision to make.

Most of my office at work are white, in fact in our company side of it only one guy in the office is black. If someone asked me how to find the H&S guy, the last thing I’d say is yea go down the office he’s the black guy!!

10 hours ago, Selred said:

But is it any different to saying the bald guy? Or the guy with the tattoo? It's describing their appearance? 

And then i mentioned we had the black blue brothers on the Royal Variety this evening. Should they not call themselves that? 

I think the point is that if the player in question was white, the official wouldn’t have said ‘that white guy’.  This is because, in my experience, white people rarely/never use skin colour as part of a description if describing other white people.  It only gets brought in when describing other races.

The usual suspects lining up to dictate when black people should put up with racism.

Every player and all the staff from both teams there walked off in solidarity, in full possession of the facts, and with reference to their own lived experience, but some middle aged white man sat on his laptop in Bristol knows better than they do.

You're showing your prejudices lads, and it isn't pretty.

53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I cant remember her name, but there's a comedian with cerebral palsy, a lot of her jokes are around that and make fun of herself, yet if you saw a person who didn't know her making fun of her cerebral palsy you'd probably (I hope) consider that person extremely rude.

To be fair that's absolutely not a fair comparison. Making fun of how someone physically looks or acts is completely different to using a trait to identify someone. 

29 minutes ago, Selred said:

To be fair that's absolutely not a fair comparison. Making fun of how someone physically looks or acts is completely different to using a trait to identify someone. 

It's infinitely more fair than hair colour as neither thing is what the person has chosen. 

You can change your hair colour if you want to, it is something you can control to an extent.

32 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But if Ba isn't familiar with the Romanian language, then very easy for "negru" to be confused with "n****r"

The defense of "this black guy" is frankly pathetic.

Someone using their own skin colour as an identifier is different to a stranger doing so.

Absolutely not the same as someone's hair colour either, first you can dye your hair, second have blonde people been repressed in the last few hundred years?

Another pathetic  defense.

You have to be deliberately being thick, I cannot believe you are really pursuing this line of thought.

I'm not too familiar with the Romanian language myself but I have noticed that Romanian's are some of the least subtle/nuanced people I know and I think in part its because their language doesn't have as much range as English does so they can't mince their words as much. When Romanians speak English they can often come across as abrupt in my experience.

Sounds like your argument considers 'being black' in a closer category to being disabled rather than it just being a feature of someone's body, that's quite a statement! 

People generally don't feel the need to add the baggage of hundreds of years of repression onto somebody when its not particularly relevant like when identifying somebody, don't think its going to be particularly beneficial for society black or white if adding that baggage onto basic everyday conversation becomes the norm.

16 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I'm not too familiar with the Romanian language myself but I have noticed that Romanian's are some of the least subtle/nuanced people I know and I think in part its because their language doesn't have as much range as English does so they can't mince their words as much. When Romanians speak English they can often come across as abrupt in my experience.

Sounds like your argument considers 'being black' in a closer category to being disabled rather than it just being a feature of someone's body, that's quite a statement! 

People generally don't feel the need to add the baggage of hundreds of years of repression onto somebody when its not particularly relevant like when identifying somebody, don't think its going to be particularly beneficial for society black or white if adding that baggage onto basic everyday conversation becomes the norm.

That wasn't my argument at all and you know it.

It is called drawing parallels.

The fact is people have been discriminated against for being black, as have people with disabilities, for many years.

Both someone's skin colour and whether they have a disability is something that a person can do nothing about.

I do not consider someone being black to be closer to someone having a disability, I was highlighting how in both cases it is something they cannot control.

As opposed to the weak "what about hair colour" argument, when hair colour is something that can be controlled. 

Your dishonesty here is ******* vile you utter scumbag. 

8 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Would the only white guy in the West Indies cricket team be offended if he was described as the white guy? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/13/worldcup2006.sport23

"The first white player to feature for the Caribbean side in 60 years" 

You ask anyone who he was and nobody will know. You say "he was the white guy who played for Trinidad and Tobago at the 2006 World Cup", people will remember who he is. 

10 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You're really grasping at strawers now.

It's not an uncommon way of saying something. 

I can't work out if you are just determined to hope this was a racist comment.

I'd bet you are gutted Millwall didn't boo tonight 

Just because something's common doesn't mean it's right. Kinda the whole point of the anti-racism campaigns...

10 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Interesting how many people here would presumably refer to "the one black guy" in their office or a meeting at work as "the black guy" when talking about him.

There can be no bad intentions (as it sounds like was possible in this instance) and it can still be a foolish or insensitive thing to say.

I'm glad someone else gets this. 

8 hours ago, 2015 said:

Yes he is determined to , the most permanently offended member of tje forum ?

You can disagree with something without being "offended". 

Archived