IGNORED

PSG Vs Istanbul Basaksehir postponed due to comments made by 4th official

phantom

6 minutes ago, RedRock said:

But who appoints themselves as judge and jury on what’s acceptable and what’s not? 

Whoever it is, needs to give their head a wobble in my view.

In my lifetime:

Black - Out

Coloured - In

Coloured - Out

Black - In

Gay - Out

Queer - Out

Gay - In

Queer - In

(careful!)

BAME - In

BAME - Out

...and the list goes on.

It’s getting farcical. How the **** do these word approvers/disapproves expect us English people to keep up, let alone a Romanian.

Maybe we move to ‘individualism’ the ultimate Utopian goal of those that champion DIVERSITY, where people just accept that people are different and choose to use different words to describe people/things with no offence intended. 

While fat-cat lawyers may go out of business from those that are perpetually offended themselves or are offended on behalf of other people that, surely, is something to be celebrated. 

So true, im mixed race and i have grown up calling myself half cast, my sister the other day said you cant call yourself that its offensive... i was like wtf i cant call myself something haha

32 minutes ago, prankerd said:

Its a rule for officials they have to speak one language, the univeral language is english

Think the Spanish (and Chinese) might want to comment on that. 

Havent delved into this issue deeply but was not Romanian the one language on this occasion?

Sounds like a case of a bit of diversity training is needed for some of our footballers from what I’ve read. Seem to have assumed that English is the only language people use who are in positions of authority. 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Yet another incorrect post

At international level, FIFA has four official languages: English, Spanish, French and German. 

More importantly, refereeing teams use signals with their hands, cards and flags which are universal and which all players should understand.

For example, if a referee holds both hands forward for an advantage, the linesman flags for offside and the referee goes back to brandish a yellow card for the earlier foul, every player and fan should understand the decisions which have been made.

Universal cues of body language are also important.

Former World Cup assistant referee Sean Hurd told Business Insider: “Most of the players do speak a little bit of English at the international level. The refereeing aspect, and the playing aspect, are universal. Body lano guage, eye contact.”

I've a friend from Bristol who married a Turkish chap and often visit them and also go home and away with Beşiktaş , again your comment is unfounded. B

Also just to clarify, I'm not sure if anyone else actually uses their own photo as a profile picture

I've spoken with a Romanian colleague this afternoon, he confirms that it is not used as an offensive term as we know it

The first quote, they dont speak all four languages in the match do they? Nope, you pick one, the universal language is english, also the easiest language to learn..

2nd quote, also read back my post and explain to me where i said it was offensive in romanian? I said other languages...

Stop trying to cherry pick my posts to fit your agenda its boring now..

3 minutes ago, prankerd said:

So true, im mixed race and i have grown up calling myself half cast, my sister the other day said you cant call yourself that its offensive... i was like wtf i cant call myself something haha

...ah, another I can add to my list... yep, half-caste wouldn’t be in my word lexicon now, although was a few decades ago.

Isn’t ‘mixed race’ now the ‘in’ term. ... if it isn’t, I apologise in advance. 

Just proves the point doesn’t it.

Anyhows, all the best and back, hopefully to this being a football forum!

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

...ah, another I can add to my list... yep, half-caste wouldn’t be in my word lexicon now, although was a few decades ago.

Haha, yeh definitely i think thats the problem! Because it changes all the time its hard to even know whats what anymore..

Whats more anoying is the constant support to the romanian guy, and the dismissal towards the black guy...

How about an open mind and non bias view towards both parties? 

Yet a few on here support one side and call the black side snowflakes ...

30 minutes ago, prankerd said:

That's an interesting point, I think, as there isn't and never will be one universally accepted term for one group of people. For every person who says 'I don't want to be called he or she, I'm a they', there's another who says 'There are only two sexes'. 

35 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I thought “mixed heritage” is the allowed term.........atm!!

50 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm not sure if anyone else actually uses their own photo as a profile picture

I do  :whistle:

45 minutes ago, prankerd said:

The first quote, they dont speak all four languages in the match do they? Nope, you pick one, the universal language is english, also the easiest language to learn..

French is much more likely to be understood by Romanians than English.  It would be easier for them to learn as well as they are both Latin-derived languages.

That said, if they are just talking between themselves I doubt any Fifa rule would bar them from speaking Romanian.

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I do  :whistle:

French is much more likely to be understood by Romanians than English.  It would be easier for them to learn as well as they are both Latin-derived languages.

That said, if they are just talking between themselves I doubt any Fifa rule would bar them from speaking Romanian.

You were great in Doctor In The House.

Archived