IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

Plenty of intent from us going forward, but zero quality. Semenyo and COD both should’ve hit the target with our two best chances, and I wonder why Hunt didn’t shoot when their ‘keeper came miles off his line. Not sure how it’s still 0-0, Blackburn look classy but vulnerable at the back. 

Interesting half.

Generally better, but that’s not saying much because the bar was a little low.

Created some good chances, more from grit and perseverance than moments of quality - disappointingly those chances were wasted.

For me, Wells still wasted wide left. Semenyo - some good runs, but the assists have dried up and he doesn’t look like scoring. COD wasteful.

Bakinson and Nagy good.

Hunt back in and apart from one cross, massively wasteful for me. 

Vyner good again, Kalas got caught once or twice - but we’ve stood firm on the whole, but relied on Bentley again.

Blackburn look sharper and finding the runs/gaps much better than us though - feel like they will take one of their chances in the second half.

Word of the half, wasteful.

Wells has got to be careful, he's one reckless, careless, frustrated challenge away from being sent off. Enjoyable half. Blackburn decent passing side. We look OK, just need more composure in front of goal, arguably should be ahead with the O'Dowda chance that he blazed over.

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

what a thoroughly entertaining first 45.... and I havent said that much lately

We do tend to look better when the opposition turn up to play. Our challenge is when teams play us at our own game and stick men behind the ball.

However a combination of Nagy and Bakinson is a massive improvement on what we’ve seen so far in that midfield this season.

1 minute ago, tin said:

Plenty of intent from us going forward, but zero quality. Semenyo and COD both should’ve hit the target with our two best chances, and I wonder why Hunt didn’t shoot when they ‘keeper came miles off his line. Not sure how it’s still 0-0, Blackburn look classy but vulnerable at the back. 

We need to get Wells central. If he has those chances, he scores. A waste of his attributes playing him on the left wing. Overall though a decent first half. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

We do tend to look better when the opposition turn up to play. Our challenge is when teams play us at our own game and stick men behind the ball.

However a combination of Nagy and Bakinson is a massive improvement on what we’ve seen so far in that midfield this season.

Blues two up at Reading tonight...that could come in handy

Archived