IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

Nahki at risk of getting himself petulantly sent off, honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sam Bell gets another run out here because of it, no one to move into O'Dowda's role to move him wide instead (don't want to break up Bakinson/Nagy partnership)

Fairly even that, ok they are crisper with the passing.

Just don't know what Wells adds to the side playing wide. His attempts to tackle or stop them breaking amounts to just drift past me or a lazy foul.

Don't blame him he should be playing as a striker or not in the side.

Were well in this just need Nagy on the ball as much as possible, and players making brave runs for him.

Much better, much more entertaining. Nice to see us actually creating and taking some chances, including some more speculative ones from outside the box. 

Nagy and Bakinson dealing with the midfield threat nicely.

Must say I am pleasantly surprised as I was pretty pessimistic at kick off.

A well balanced game though and Blackburn are clearly no mugs. There's been a few times we've been caught napping and we need to stay balanced ourselves if we're to keep them out.

My perception is that Rovers have been a little sharper with their passing in the final third, and that is one area I'd look to see us improve. Just a bit more decisive with that final ball and our chances should improve.

1st half summary for me:

Entertaining, already far better passing patterns than previous games.  

That Bakinson pass to Hunt inside the LB is exactly what we've been missing.

Blackburn a threat when they play quickly.  One first time pass and they get into good positions.

Tyreeq looking a tad rusty, but again we have a lively surface that is testing player first touches.  Callum looking a tad leggy (one game too many) not had many lung busters yet.  Wells some good movement and decent back to goal play a few times.  Antoine is like Bobby Reid....needs to learn he has a tiny bit more time than he has.  Delay, and he might even get fouled in good positions.

Ref fussy but consistent.

Hoping Callum finds his legs again, need him making Johnson run the other way.

Care for the ball lads and we can win this.

Decent half. We look vulnerable against quick attackers who run into the right spaces. Like we did against Norwich.
Just wish Wells wasn't played so out of position. I agree that he could be a red card candidate, as I fear he will get frustrated out there.

Granted the league position is ok, better than most predicted when Holden was appointed, but is it just me or are we just so boring to watch? The last few games in particular. Would be surprised if Sky selected us for any further games any time soon.

No creativity, no players to get you off your seat with excitement (that player was sold to a random French team in the summer!).

Its been mentioned before but this “style” of play still has Johnson written all over it.

4 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I wonder what it'd be like if we just played 442 with semenyo on the right and COD on the left. Maybe asymmetric with Semenyo pushing higher up. Would allow Martin and Wells to play together in the middle. I feel it'd suit both.

Tried it in the second half on Saturday, it was a disaster.

Archived