IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

Twiggy has more up front than we have.

We really are so impotent in front of goal. 

The only players we seemingly have that have any potential threat of scoring is Wells and Nagy and neither are getting into positions to have a shot.

Not sure whether CoD or Hunt get the award for the most pathetic attempt. Suppose I’d give it to Hunt as he didn’t even attempt to shot at a completely open goal. To opt to cross was beyond bewildering... he must have known the keeper had gone awol. 

Attacking coach required... and add a goal scoring forward and midfielder. 

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

We need to get Wells central. If he has those chances, he scores. A waste of his attributes playing him on the left wing. 

I’ve been saying that all season and guess what? All five of his goals this season were scored in the six-yard box. I’d be frustrated if I was him. 

Watching on tv really does highlight the technical deficiencies of our lads. Hunt just gives the ball away so frequently it’s untrue,   But it’s a wider issue. I think we need 4/5 more capable players on the ball to be top 6 material. Maybe Walsh, Pato, Mawson and sess? 

we have a good honest bunch, but we are mid table at best in possession at the moment.

I’d be interested to see O’Dowda’s heat map for the 1st half. 
He doesn’t look to be playing as the advanced midfielder, he’s generally looked like the 2nd striker. 
Which I don’t really understand. If he’s essentially playing upfront, why is Wells on the left when Wells is a striker and Cod a left winger???? 

So predictable. I think if was down there tonight I might want to start booing us off at half time.  It’s like Groundhog Day With Deano as the little rat that comes out and says sorry no shots this half....

Not been to bad overall but I am sick of watching us never look like scoring. It’s not so much this performance it’s the repeated pattern game after game.

We never work the goal keeper our shots are awful. Seymeno and O’Dowda efforts were pathetic.  Maybe Wells would have had a chance with both efforts but he is playing left wing.

Fammy for Martin half time.  I would also give bell a go wide for Seymeno or COD as see if he can show them how score no even make the keeper save one will be a start.

is it to much to ask that we have at least 1 shot on goal  every hour of football

Just now, Harry said:

He doesn’t look to be playing as the advanced midfielder, he’s generally looked like the 2nd striker. 
Which I don’t really understand. If he’s essentially playing upfront, why is Wells on the left when Wells is a striker and Cod a left winger???? 

I assume because COD’s pressing is better than wells and Holden wants someone pressing centrally 

6 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I wonder what it'd be like if we just played 442 with semenyo on the right and COD on the left. Maybe asymmetric with Semenyo pushing higher up. Would allow Martin and Wells to play together in the middle. I feel it'd suit both.

Probably too similar to Birmingham second half. For a winger, I think O’Dowda is actually better centrally

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Think its when shifting between in possession and out of possession shape, in possession 4231 out of possession 442 with O'Dowda joining Martin upfront in the shape for the press.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think its when shifting between in possession and out of possession shape, in possession 4231 out of possession 442 with O'Dowda joining Martin upfront in the shape for the press.

He’s not going too deep even off the ball. He’s literally been up top most of the game. Wells must be peeved! 

Archived