IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

Hard fought that. Much more enjoyable than previous games not just the result. An entertaining 2-2 would not have been unfair. Just came down to who could finish, and it was Fammy! Big plus, Bakinson and Nagy could be a big partnership for us. Finishing poor and what the heck were our set pieces?

Our gd tells us something v the others in the top six, but signs that if things click...

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Bakinson and Nagy quality in midfield. Unexpected partnership . 

Not unexpected at all. Nagy needed another quality midfielder alongside him and they both had good games,

Tonight was a cracking result against top scoring opponents. I really enjoyed the game.

Great win. 
I’ve criticised our lack of chances of late, but at least tonight we managed to make a few chances, just couldn’t get them on target. 
I’m still baffled at Cod basically playing most of the game up front with Wells shoved out wide left. 
Thought Bakinson & Nagy made a decent enough combo in centre mid and generally kept things relatively solid in there. 
Whilst BBurn had a number of shots, many of them were quite speculative. 
We probably had the better clear cut chances overall, Cod first half, Wells 2nd half, Semenyo a couple of very good ones. 
If any of those 3 just held there nerve a little we could’ve actually won that comfortably. 

It was better, performance wise, but we won’t know if we have learned much until the next time we play a team at home that sits in and puts the onus on us to attack. Blackburn aren’t that type of side so we were able to play a bit. A lot of shots in that game for a 0-0 and should have been 5 or 6 goals spread between the sides but some low q finishing put paid to that!!

Well done City.

Many times over the years have we seen City crumble given quality of opposition we faced tonight

Instead they played with belief. 

well read Holden in terms of subs and timing of subs

This was as determined a performance at this level as I have seen in 70 years of watching City

Up the Robins

Archived