IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It was better, performance wise, but we won’t know if we have learned much until the next time we play a team at home that sits in and puts the onus on us to attack. Blackburn aren’t that type of side so we were able to play a bit. A lot of shots in that game for a 0-0 and should have been 5 or 6 goals spread between the sides but some low q finishing put paid to that!!

Millwall next week?

Remarkable. I was happy to settle for a point at half time and to get all three was just superb.

Yet again the opponents will wonder how they got nothing out of the game....which has been the same story on numerous occasions tbh. Nevertheless a win is a win! 

What was also illustrated again was our:

lack of creativity / goal threats

sloppiness with the ball

hard work and dogged character 

forwards too often receiving a ball that gives them little chance 

ability to win, even when on balance we did not really deserve to

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s looking like everything we hoped it would be. Adam looked a bit leggy last twenty but not surprising given what he`s put in recently.

Absolutely. Considering Nagy was out of favour and Bakinson wasn’t even considered by us fans. It’s been a real plus . Both look exceptional 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not unexpected at all. Nagy needed another quality midfielder alongside him and they both had good games,

Tonight was a cracking result against top scoring opponents. I really enjoyed the game.

Well yes unexpected. Not many would have thought Bakinson was going to be first choice in the middle this season. So yes a midfield involving Nagy and Bakinson is unexpected. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Great win. 
I’ve criticised our lack of chances of late, but at least tonight we managed to make a few chances, just couldn’t get them on target. 
I’m still baffled at Cod basically playing most of the game up front with Wells shoved out wide left. 
Thought Bakinson & Nagy made a decent enough combo in centre mid and generally kept things relatively solid in there. 
Whilst BBurn had a number of shots, many of them were quite speculative. 
We probably had the better clear cut chances overall, Cod first half, Wells 2nd half, Semenyo a couple of very good ones. 
If any of those 3 just held there nerve a little we could’ve actually won that comfortably. 

Agreed. I’m not sure why Sky have been banging on about how Blackburn deserved to win? I thought we had the better ‘openings’ and Blackburn were reduced to a lot of shots from distance. They had 22 attempts but only 19 touches in our box. 

Sky love in for Blackburn was a typical let’s  review stats from previous games, draw conclusions and then be unable to change opinion based on what was happening in front of them. Their finishing was like ours, either scuffed or high, wide and not particularly handsome. Didn’t think they were all that. Maybe reflected in them having similar problems to us vs better quality teams. 

Our finishing very poor and Nagy seems the only player with intuition re where the ball is likely to go. But a nice run of games ahead that hopefully we can exploit. 

Just now, Coppello said:

Agreed. I’m not sure why Sky have been banging on about how Blackburn deserved to win? I thought we had the better ‘openings’ and Blackburn were reduced to a lot of shots from distance. They had 22 attempts but only 19 touches in our box. 

Now Gary O’Neil talking the same bollocks, it’s pathetic isn’t it?

My word we’ve stolen another game. Credit to Holden and the boys, it’s obviously not easy considering the injuries but they keep digging in.

Even though some of the finishing was frustrating I thought the overall performance was decent. Clean sheet against Blackburn too is very good going!

Happy days.

Archived