IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said this for 3 / 4 years.  It’s the single biggest thing holding him pack.  He has a lot of other things going for him, especially with the confidence he now has / Holden has given him.  His mate Brownhill was similar but he improved that weakness.  When I watch attacking players it’s one of the first things I look for...can they play with their head-up, do they have a picture of what’s around them.

I found using fairly dull coloured headbands from a young age instead of bibs, worked wonders when encouraging to play with the head up. They all hated them ? but it forced them to actually look up instead of hoping to see a bright flash of colour out of their peripheral. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Fair point. 
I can’t remember this refs name, but I’ve seen him have a number of very good games. He seems to have a bit of a presence and authority about him and communicates clearly with the players. 

There was one moment in the first half where he played the advantage for City and when the move broke down brought it back for the free kick .

I was impressed by this ,although I shouldn’t be, as most refs don’t do this well. 

Excellent win last night, yes, Blackburn had more flair, possession and arguably have better strikers but I thought we certainly had the best chances, restricted them long shots and Bents didn’t have a huge amount to do. Based on that, I think we deserved to win. On to a tricky game at Rotherham. COYR! 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

There was one moment in the first half where he played the advantage for City and when the move broke down brought it back for the free kick .

I was impressed by this ,although I shouldn’t be, as most refs don’t do this well. 

Did exactly the same for Blackburn too.

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

COD has been playing well recently, so I’ll brush over that, however it was all about the cross an effing peach, they simply couldn’t defend it!

Fair enough,  he has been playing well.  But he has to get his frigging head up!  There could have been an outstanding goal, if not for his striking lack of awareness.  After Nagy's stupendous run through midfield, and the perceptive pass to O'Dowda........if he had just looked up, he would have seen THREE players waiting to put the ball in the net to his right.   What does O'Dither do?  ..... He puts the ball into the stand.  What a shame ?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Fair enough,  he has been playing well.  But he has to get his frigging head up!  There could have been an outstanding goal, if not for his striking lack of awareness.  After Nagy's stupendous run through midfield, and the perceptive pass to O'Dowda........if he had just looked up, he would have seen THREE players waiting to put the ball in the net to his right.   What does O'Dither do?  ..... He puts the ball into the stand.  What a shame ?

We had something like 13 shots of which two were on target. We are not good at decision making in forward areas or hitting the target throughout the team unless by a miracle the ball falls to Wells. Odither, as you put it, is part of that problem, however Semenyo is worse when it comes to missing chances. Nevertheless both put in a shift every game and are giving it their best. 

15 hours ago, RedRock said:

Another last few minutes that’s reduced my life expectancy by 5 years.

Anyone else think Martin should have been subbed first instead of Wells? Suppose proof of the pudding is we held out but it was beginning to look like attack vs defence in those last minutes.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.... and we stood up to one of our bogey ‘physical’ opponents that was often LJs achilles heal, so good stuff lads.

That physical? Quite a fair amount of short passing in midfield, they have been more attack minded and such this season- Bakinson returning made a difference no doubt, more possession based as well Blackburn, had a fair bit last night!

7 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Jussi Björling, the world best singer ever. Im proud to be from the same town as the great Jussi. I live just 400 meters away from his house where he grown up. His life was a ride and he died in a age of 48. The king is gone but he is never forgotten.

His performance of the Pearl Fishers duet with Robert Merrill is one of the truly great opera recordings.

Nice win last night though, much better than in recent weeks in terms of our chances created.

Kept the top scorers to nil, which was also good. Good positives to take away as well as the win- to say nothing of the fact that we have eight players injured, 3-4 of whom are first team and the remaining are first reserve. Was nice to see more chances created though, than recent games definitely.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In which respect? Finishing? Would agree- very open game, was a nice if nervous watch.

He was saying if only Blackburn been able to SHOOT straight, So I said that criticism could easily have been labelled at us. As the remark from him had been about their finishing.

16 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have you seen much of Walsh and Williams then ?

Seen enough of Walsh to know hes a combative tackler ( we have noone in the team like this ), aswell as creative. 
Williams is proven in this league and also loves a tackle. 
These two will make a huge difference to our midfield. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nice win last night though, much better than in recent weeks in terms of our chances created.

Kept the top scorers to nil, which was also good. Good positives to take away as well as the win- to say nothing of the fact that we have eight players injured, 3-4 of whom are first team and the remaining are first reserve. Was nice to see more chances created though, than recent games definitely.

I think a lot of credit has to be given to the fact that had Blackburn scored any of their chances last night it would have been either an excellently worked goal or a worldie from well outside the box.

Apart from perhaps Ayala’s header we didn’t really give them many real clear sights of the goal.

But as Holden rightly says, not too high after a win and not too low after a loss - let’s not undo that great result with another disappointing one at Rotherham. 

Archived