IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

Just now, miketh2nd said:

I'd be tempted to bring on  mariappa for semenyo and go 3 5 2 so we can put Wells up top with Martin. Then Hunt in a back 3 i believe has played here before ? 

Why would you not just stick Mariappa in the back 3?

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

OTIB needs to decide what it wants. Moans that we don’t play attacking football but then gives pelters to one of our most promising attacking talents in years and then say he will never be the player we want despite only being 20.

**** me, how many players are there of Semenyo’s age are there who are clinical in front of goal and don’t snatch at chances? 

We are Bristol City. Phil Fodens and Mason Greenwoods are not coming through our academy.

I like to think he is a bit like Adama Traore, who always looked impressive when younger but despite nobody being able to get near him physically he barely offered a goal or an assist. Look what happened a few years later when that all clicked.

I don't think people are saying he is shit mate, just that at 20 years of age he is old enough to get at least 1 shot on target or at least near the goal. He has had 2 good chances in a good area in the box and both have been no where near. His shot from outside the box was also nowhere near. If you rewind and watch his passing this game you will find that a lot of them have gone astray too. 

I think he is a good player in the right position but he is hardly a raw teenager just coming in to the game and at whatever level you play the goal is in the same place at the same height with the same amount of goalkeeper's in it. When that chance arrives it doesn't matter if it's down's league or prem you still need the composure to hit the target.

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

OTIB needs to decide what it wants. Moans that we don’t play attacking football but then gives pelters to one of our most promising attacking talents in years and then say he will never be the player we want despite only being 20.

**** me, how many players are there of Semenyo’s age are there who are clinical in front of goal and don’t snatch at chances? 

We are Bristol City. Phil Fodens and Mason Greenwoods are not coming through our academy.

I like to think he is a bit like Adama Traore, who always looked impressive when younger but despite nobody being able to get near him physically he barely offered a goal or an assist. Look what happened a few years later when that all clicked.

I can remember all the “Bobby Reid is only League 1 standard at best” posts years ago. 
some people are clueless and never learn from their ridiculous posts that are later proven wrong

1 minute ago, collier said:

I don't think people are saying he is shit mate, just that at 20 years of age he is old enough to get at least 1 shot on target or at least near the goal. He has had 2 good chances in a good area in the box and both have been no where near. His shot from outside the box was also nowhere near. If you rewind and watch his passing this game you will find that a lot of them have gone astray too. 

I think he is a good player in the right position but he is hardly a raw teenager just coming in to the game and at whatever level you play the goal is in the same place at the same height with the same amount of goalkeeper's in it. When that chance arrives it doesn't matter if it's down's league or prem you still need the composure to hit the target.

This is a nonsense post. By your logic a poacher would be as effective in the Prem as he would be playing down Twerton Park

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Not really “pelters”, just constructive opinion. 
He does some really good things, and certainly poses a threat and worries defenders, but I think it’s quite fair to say we wish he’d be a bit more composed infront of goal. That’s not pelting him 

1 minute ago, collier said:

He is essentially a raw teenager just coming into the game though. Barely had any academy football.  Everyone just needs to be patient with him. He’s improved massively in six months. Don’t think anyone says he is league two at best anymore. Give it another 40 games for us and he will be getting a Prem move 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I can remember all the “Bobby Reid is only League 1 standard at best” posts years ago. 
some people are clueless and never learn from their ridiculous posts that are later proven wrong

In fairness as a midfielder, he was a complete liability. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Would be interesting to see Armstrong's conversion rate against other strikers in the championship 

Relatively poor compared to those who've scored as many.

This game not included he's got 14 from 73 shots. Toney has 14 from 40, João 11 from 39.

Armstrong's shots on target % and goals per shot numbers aren't bad but they're not spectacular either.

He's scored because he's taken a high number of good shots, rather than Toney who seems to take fewer, but better quality. 

Source https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/shooting/Championship-Stats

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not really “pelters”, just constructive opinion. 
He does some really good things, and certainly poses a threat and worries defenders, but I think it’s quite fair to say we wish he’d be a bit more composed infront of goal. That’s not pelting him 

I’ve already read that he will never be that player for us! 

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

This is a nonsense post. By your logic a poacher would be as effective in the Prem as he would be playing down Twerton Park

No by my logic at 20 you either know where the goal is or you don't. IMO he lacks composure in the final third of the pitch and won't score a lot of goals. Doesn't mean he is a bad player ffs, hopefully he goes on to get 200 assist's and then it won't matter, I am just saying he won't score goals. I don't know why you get so angry at that suggestion but ok.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Blackburn constantly press us when we have the ball at the back. When Blackburn have the ball at the back we just drop of them. Really need to up the tempo it’s getting quite negative IMO

Depends, perhaps we think if Blackburn can't play through us they'll try going long to Gallagher and we'll get possession back that way. Or we fear Blackburn will play through us if we press.

Archived