IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Listening to Sky we must have mugged Blackburn, thought it was a even game with Blackburn playing the better football and more possession but we had the better chances.

Yep, that's exactly how I saw it. For all their attempts, how many serious saves did Bentley make?

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Nahki Wells Man of the match on sky . **** me 

He did provide the cross for the goal and had the most tackles apparently , all about the stats eh.......

But yes honestly I agree I would given it to Nagy ........ but as Wells said in the interview  there are players playing out of position ( when asked about the injuries we have ). so baffling to see  him being play out wide though!  

The View From The Other Side:

Mixed opinions over on the Blackburn forum:

"Mentally this team simply isn't there. Frankly our defending was criminal all night and we could have been two or three down if Bristol City's players knew how to finish."

"Can't complain with losing. Was a good game to watch."

"Another failure against a top 6 team. Until we start beating them we haven't a hope of making the play-offs."

"very disapointing to lose a game where we had so much possesion,bristol city are bang average as well which makes me even more annoyed"

"A lot of tippy tappy stuff again that failed to materialise into any clear chances. Bristol city probably had the best 3 chances / situations in the game with the exceptin of the Ayala header."

"And also, can nobody please say ‘we dominated - look at the stats’. I’m sat here struggling to think of one effort we had in the box outside of Ayala’s free header. 95% of them at least must have been from 25 yards+."

"What a load of cry-babies. We could have won this game, but we played a good side who have a far more settled team than us and they nicked it near the end."

"Didnt deserved to lose tonight. Played well. Good in possession tonight....Concerning we havent beat a top.6 side if we want to playoffs at least"

"Bristol missed much easier chances that we did. Bristol deserved it"

"Very tight margins though. Very little in tonight's game. Harsh to not draw, but that's how it goes sometimes"

"Bristol opened us up a few times, so it wasn't a surprise to me when they scored. They had two golden opportunities in the first half."

I thought Blackburn, on general play, edged a fairly open game that could’ve gone either way. I definitely agree with Sky that they’ll feel unlucky to have lost.

In truth, I think a draw probably would’ve been the right result for both of the two home games we’ve just had... but I’ll take three points over two.

Well done City, great 3 points. Nagy again shows how good he is. Bakinson will do better Im sure. This was very well done, think we have 8 players injuried. To take all points vs Blackburn after the bad game vs Brun gives confidence. What a night for Famara, coming from the bench and be a matchwinner. Good fighting from COD and Martin to place the ball for Famara. Our best goalscorer the last two seasons got the chance and took it. COYR!!!

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Another solid game for Zak Vyner too, won’t get much mention.

He’s getting better with every game, I think. Just has that extra bit of composure and understanding of what’s going on around him compared to Taylor Moore, who I’ve always felt had the edge between the two previously.

Zak’s been excellent.

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Agreed. I’m not sure why Sky have been banging on about how Blackburn deserved to win? I thought we had the better ‘openings’ and Blackburn were reduced to a lot of shots from distance. They had 22 attempts but only 19 touches in our box. 

100%.

Most of Blackburns shots were from 30 yards. We created by far the better oppurtunities, and when we finally had a finisher on the pitch (one playing as a striker anyway!) we got a well deserved goal.

26 minutes ago, collier said:

Cabango 20 2 goals

Olise 18 2 goals

Koromo 22 6 goals

Styles 20 2 goals

Samuel 22 2 goals

Elliott 17 2 goals

Campbell 20 6 goals

Eiting 22 3 goals

Dolan 18 3 goals

Brereton 21 3 goals

Forss 21 5 goals

There you go, all playing Championship level footy this season. 

Semenyo could have easily had two goals to match most here, he hit the post against Huddersfield and has been a whisker away numerous other times. It’s not like we create a bucketload of chances either.

I still think he is best used about 60 minutes coming off the bench against tired legs.

26 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Get in. That could have been 5-4 mind. 

Really? For all their nice touches, their attempts were either from distance and or high, wide and not very handsome.

bentley didn’t have to make too many serious saves. If we had a bit more composure and quality up front, it could have been more comfortable for us

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Fair play. It's not pretty to watch and been a real hard watch in games this season, but 30 points from first 17 games is a great return

Regardless of the result, tonight's performance was 100% better than the dross served up against Brum. The big difference being Hunt offering an attacking option (as well as defending well) and no Brunt to slow everything down to walking pace. 

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’ll say it - we’d have lost that game under LJ

I’ll put my neck on the line, too - Blackburn will finish this season in a higher position than us. 

They’re one of the better sides I’ve seen so far this season (Mowbray said they were misfiring tonight) and deserved a point. It might’ve been a good time to play them with their first-choice centre backs out. They’ve still got Bradley Dack due to come back in the new year. 

Not taking anything away, though. Great result against a decent team. 

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Regardless of the result, tonight's performance was 100% better than the dross served up against Brum. The big difference being Hunt offering an attacking option (as well as defending well) and no Brunt to slow everything down to walking pace. 

Agree. Much better watch tonight than recently.  Not difficult mind but good to see nonetheless. 

Archived