IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn

ExiledAjax

7 minutes ago, wybmadwity said:

Cleanest game I've seen for a long time.  Just one booking (Wells, deserved), and lots of opportunities to dive in the penalty area not taken.    Enjoyed it.

Fair point. 
I can’t remember this refs name, but I’ve seen him have a number of very good games. He seems to have a bit of a presence and authority about him and communicates clearly with the players. 

Another last few minutes that’s reduced my life expectancy by 5 years.

Anyone else think Martin should have been subbed first instead of Wells? Suppose proof of the pudding is we held out but it was beginning to look like attack vs defence in those last minutes.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.... and we stood up to one of our bogey ‘physical’ opponents that was often LJs achilles heal, so good stuff lads.

17 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Thanks for posting. 

This was my dear Dad’s favourite Christmas song/carol, so especially poignant at this time of year.

14 minutes ago, tin said:

I’ll put my neck on the line, too - Blackburn will finish this season in a higher position than us. 

They’re one of the better sides I’ve seen so far this season (Mowbray said they were misfiring tonight) and deserved a point. It might’ve been a good time to play them with their first-choice centre backs out. They’ve still got Bradley Dack due to come back in the new year. 

Not taking anything away, though. Great result against a decent team. 

1st and 2nd it is then! ?

Was delighted when Martin signed. Definitely proven his worth with his work rate and effort he puts in. Not too sure he should be one running down the wing putting crosses in, but there we go, second half there he was. Great tactic mind, the very last thing anyone would expect. But another assist. 

I said a few seasons back that Fammy is an excellent sub option to have. As much as I do adore him, think he's far more effective coming off the bench, changing a game and seeing it out.

End of the day. The only score that matters is the one that is printed in the paper the following morning. 

Clean sheet again and clean sheets win games.

Not pretty to watch but we're doing it too consistently for it to be lucky.

Maybe when our injured are back we will be more expansive but until then.....

FORZA SHITHOUSE FC.

As an aside, Blackburn play some very nice stuff, a good side.

58 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Listening to Sky we must have mugged Blackburn, thought it was a even game with Blackburn playing the better football and more possession but we had the better chances.

52 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I thought Blackburn, on general play, edged a fairly open game that could’ve gone either way. I definitely agree with Sky that they’ll feel unlucky to have lost.

In truth, I think a draw probably would’ve been the right result for both of the two home games we’ve just had... but I’ll take three points over two.

That's funny because I thought City at least edged it. For me it was looking likely to be a missed opportunity where we don't make the pressure count, and then we did!

We're pretty blunt in front of goal but we carved Blackburn's midfield open time after time.

28 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Another last few minutes that’s reduced my life expectancy by 5 years.

Anyone else think Martin should have been subbed first instead of Wells? Suppose proof of the pudding is we held out but it was beginning to look like attack vs defence in those last minutes.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.... and we stood up to one of our bogey ‘physical’ opponents that was often LJs achilles heal, so good stuff lads.

Yeah I’d have liked to have seen Wells stay on. He’s a real threat and it occupies at least 2 defenders if he remains an outlet. 

Sitting back at 1-0 and completely changing our shape to see out a game is going to cost us at some point. I’m all for fresh legs and extra numbers at the back but the last 10 mins we sat in and invited it. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

That's funny because I thought City at least edged it. For me it was looking likely to be a missed opportunity where we don't make the pressure count, and then we did!

We're pretty blunt in front of goal but we carved Blackburn's midfield open time after time.

Agree. Compared to the Brum game this was a far better showing where we actually created chances and I thought we deserved the points, typical championship dust up where Lady Luck and those ‘small margins’ gave us the points. The early posting from the Blackburn forum shows the diversity of views.  Some there thought we edged it and had the clearer chances.  
now back this result up with another at Rotherham. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still rather him not be in the team, but COD did well with his header. 

COD has been playing well recently, so I’ll brush over that, however it was all about the cross an effing peach, they simply couldn’t defend it!

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Just about to post the same. Every corner we've hit the first defender.

Funny, all season the main target for corners has been mid to back post, with the odd near post corner.  Pato’s delivery is really good and consistent.  Callum put some good deliveries in the past couple of games but tonight he wasn’t on the money.

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Runs looking at the ball, no idea what’s around him. 

I’ve said this for 3 / 4 years.  It’s the single biggest thing holding him pack.  He has a lot of other things going for him, especially with the confidence he now has / Holden has given him.  His mate Brownhill was similar but he improved that weakness.  When I watch attacking players it’s one of the first things I look for...can they play with their head-up, do they have a picture of what’s around them.

2 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

I think it's a cow's ass actually.

What? Couldn’t hit a barn door with a cow’s ass? ?

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

That was a bizarre game. Diedhiou has to start at the weekend as he will take his chances better than any of the front 3 are at the moment. Plus Martin Wells sounds like a dairy farmer from Somerset. 

Fam, Martin and Wells?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Really good win. I think Blackburn can feel slightly aggrieved at taking nothing home. 

Don’t forget they got the money then win in the first round and their bendy bully’s, and they’ve had a lovely day Jim. ?

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Thanks for proving me wrong tonight lads. Nagy and Bakinson look a quality pairing. 

For once Bradley Johnson didn’t bully us!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Fair point. 
I can’t remember this refs name, but I’ve seen him have a number of very good games. He seems to have a bit of a presence and authority about him and communicates clearly with the players. 

Stephen Martin.  Fussy but consistent, ref’d us v Bournemouth too.

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

"Bristol missed much easier chances that we did. Bristol deserved it"

"Bristol opened us up a few times, so it wasn't a surprise to me when they scored. They had two golden opportunities in the first half."

Are Blackburn saying that there is only OTIB?

Just out of interest and to those in the know, do the opponents of the Slags (is this term still politically correct, as Sags used to be!) just refer to our city, or do they acknowledge their pirate heritage?

11 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Are Blackburn saying that there is only OTIB?

Just out of interest and to those in the know, do the opponents of the Slags (is this term still politically correct, as Sags used to be!) just refer to our city, or do they acknowledge their pirate heritage?

We had three golden chances in the first half

Archived