IGNORED

Worst Bench in 5 years

Better Red

10 hours ago, maxjak said:

I think the fact that clubs are constantly playing 2 games a week in an extremely competitive division, with hardly anytime for proper rest.....after a pre season that was non exsistent, might just have something to do with the majority of clubs suffering constant injury problems (Norwich had all three main strikers..plus their keeper missing recently), rather than some half baked theory. Possibly what needs looking at is the ridiculous amount of games some players are having to cope with.  As for the bench, i thought it was great to see all that young Academy talent coming through. it's not ideal, but it is something we just have to deal with, until players get fit again?

Am I the only one surprised by how intense the training shown on YouTube as Failand Uncut seems to be? It seems to include most of the current, fit first team squad, but I would have thought that playing Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday the emphasis should be on rest and recovery,

3 minutes ago, Red Moseley said:

Am I the only one surprised by how intense the training shown on YouTube as Failand Uncut seems to be? It seems to include most of the current, fit first team squad, but I would have thought that playing Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday the emphasis should be on rest and recovery,

It’s intense....but it’s with the ball.  Rather than being intense running per se.  It doesn’t look too OTT to me though.

You've got to keep topping up the levels though.

Dean has talked about the starters are getting less load at Failand and the subs put more through their paces.  Normally they’d get a rest day today, but they were in, as tomorrow is travelling day.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know it's not a 50/50 split but just had a look.

First 20 games- ie Coventry at home to Preston away, going on that because of a week long break between then and Boxing Day- 20 games, 98 days. One per 4.9 days, this also had 2 international breaks and 2 cup games- if we want to include those it's 23 in 105 days!

Next 26 League games- ie Wycombe at home to Brentford at home, that's 26 games in 134 days. Bit of an improvement. 27 minimum if we include the FA Cup 3rd Round.

6 midweek rounds between Boxing Day and May 8th vs 7 from Coventry at home to Preston away, before Christmas.

One small fly in the ointment is the final International round ie March/April time, it might have up to three qualifiers in it- bit tough for some of our internationals, given we play on Good Friday at home v Stoke then on Easter Monday at Coventry!

If we want to go 50/50, it's 23 games in 119 days and 3 Cup games vs 23 and 1 (minimum) Cup game in 126. 

8 midweek rounds in the first 119- plus two Cup- vs 6 in the last 126. Unsure whether to classify Easter as a midweek round.

You didn’t include the play offs...........

On 10/12/2020 at 09:56, Red-Robbo said:

To be fair, I was very pleased with how they ground out a result last night against a hitherto free-scoring side. They may not play pretty football,  but they play gritty football. 

I might put that on a T Shirt ?..............BRISTOL CITY  ⚽️."It Ain't Pretty - But It's Gritty" ⚽

On 09/12/2020 at 20:38, GrahamC said:

Not sure about that.

O’Leary is an excellent second keeper (you always have to have one of those).

Moore was being touted as a Prem star earlier this season.

Mariappa was a smart addition, solid defender.

Massengo looked excellent in his first spell in the side & is still only 19.

Brunt has become a scapegoat for some but is an experienced pro who can do a job & unlike others is at least available.

Fam is unlucky not to be starting for me, I’m sure he would be getting far more stick than Martin if he had 1 goal in 14 starts & 2 sub appearances.

The rest are unproven kids, but better to have them as subs than no one.

Yes, but the bench doesn't look great

th.jpeg-8.jpg

Dont know why Fammy was on the bench anyway should have started .We all know even if he isnt scoring he is a massive presence at the back for us from set pieces ,Especially as we knew before kick off what sort of game Rotheram would play . Putting him in from start was so obvious for yesterdays game cant wokout how the coaching staff couldnt see it ?

Archived