IGNORED

Sky coverage

Eddie Notgetinya

They really seem to be loving Blackburn but they weren’t that good were they!?

Yes they played some quick sharp football in the attacking thirds but they didn’t score and they didn’t really force Bentley into any stunning saves. I thought we matched them up pretty well, and let’s not forget this is far from our first XI. Neither side deserved to lose but we took our chance and the points.

Feel we deserve far more credit than we’ve got so far. 

Just now, ralphindevon said:

The co commentator thinks they’re brilliant and is miffed we beat them. He had them down as the best team in the division. With shooting like that, I don’t think so

I mean they had 21 shots with 7 on target. Yes they didn't force any wonder-saves from Bentley but those are hardly bad figures.

Sky talked them up like they were the most potent striking force the Championship has ever seen.

No wonder that Armstrong has 15 goals or whatever this season. If he plays like that every week he must have had 250 shots so far.

The lads Nyambe and Rothwell were very very good mind.

Good three points that.

12 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

The co commentator thinks they’re brilliant and is miffed we beat them. He had them down as the best team in the division. With shooting like that, I don’t think so

It was the same last Friday on BT when Bristol Bears beat Northampton. All the commentary was about Northants. It was as if Bristol did not exist. Lovely feeling just like tonight when Bris won with a last minute penalty.

Most of the sport media do not consider Bristol teams merit any positive remarks.

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean they had 21 shots with 7 on target. Yes they didn't force any wonder-saves from Bentley but those are hardly bad figures.

33% on target isn't great for me, any team would be happy to let the opposition shoot from distance because they can't break you down.

Well Morrison said we didn't look like a football team after watching our last two games and echoes what many have said on here and on opposition forum boards.

Individual performances helping us grind this out atm and I hope we will click soon as a unit or when Mawson , Baker, Williams and Walsh etc are ready to play we could have a bit more swagger about us.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean we had 3 from 16 ?

Ours was a bit different, not so many shots from distance, Wells wide close in, O'Dowda blocked and a few others, we were getting our way into the box but not having the finish whereas Blackburn were happy to shoot from distance. In reality should look at % shots on target that have reached the goal line for shooting accuracy to take blocks etc out of it.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Ours was a bit different, not so many shots from distance, Wells wide close in, O'Dowda blocked and a few others, we were getting our way into the box but not having the finish whereas Blackburn were happy to shoot from distance. In reality should look at % shots on target that have reached the goal line for shooting accuracy to take blocks etc out of it.

Hey I agree with you ultimately. There's nuance to the game and their shots weren't particularly dangerous tonight. Not sure of your view on xG but as someone further up mentioned we outstripped them on both raw xG and on xG per shot. We were more efficient - and that's been a trait of ours for the past 18 months or so.

But still, 7 shots on target, of whatever quality, can't be dismissed as poor shooting.

I guess in a way I'm praising our performance tbh.

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It is somewhat amusing that people claim we don't get enough credit from the media and the opposition yet spend most of their time moaning about how shit we are.

You're missing the point. It's patronising, we don't like being patronised. We get it, Blackburn are the ex Premier League club and we aren't so it doesn't matter if we're good or bad, nothing will change.

The fact they gave Wells MOTM tonight was laughable , and were purring over Harvey Elliott's passes, was confused as to what passes they were quite talking about.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I find it fascinating that we tend to get a weekly thread where people claim everyone is biased against us, I think some hang on every word from the commentators and pundits.

Paranoia me thinks! 

Yes it’s effing annoying. The commentators are crap and we are always going to be little Bristol City. Those chumps today have won the Premier League (you know what I mean) 

Get over the commentator prejudice because it will be one hell of a lot worse and n the Premier League!!

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I find it fascinating that we tend to get a weekly thread where people claim everyone is biased against us, I think some hang on every word from the commentators and pundits.

Paranoia me thinks! 

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It is somewhat amusing that people claim we don't get enough credit from the media and the opposition yet spend most of their time moaning about how shit we are.

I actually think we get a fair amount of attention and positive coverage these days from Sky and their pundits. Especially compared to 10+ years ago when we rarely got taken seriously, our play off final season, we were pretty much written off right up until the final.

Yeah, have to say it’s only a few weeks removed when they were so far up our backsides it was almost nauseating. Think the OP and others are quick to forget that.

For what it’s worth I think we got decent praise tonight, recognised that we are a bit patchwork and yet are in the top six. Suggestion that we were worth the draw but perhaps not the win, for me there’s tonnes of games like that in this division but nothing to dwell on. 

Only thing I didn’t get was Wells MOTM. Not for me by a long way! 

8 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Sky talked them up like they were the most potent striking force the Championship has ever seen.

No wonder that Armstrong has 15 goals or whatever this season. If he plays like that every week he must have had 250 shots so far.

The lads Nyambe and Rothwell were very very good mind.

Good three points that.

They also talked up Harvey Elliott like he was the second coming FFS. 

Yes he is 17, yes he is a good player but practically knocking one out about him because he asked for a 5 yard pass back to him from older player is a bit much for me.

Archived