IGNORED

Sky coverage

Eddie Notgetinya

5 hours ago, RobArnold10 said:

Yeah, have to say it’s only a few weeks removed when they were so far up our backsides it was almost nauseating. Think the OP and others are quick to forget that.

For what it’s worth I think we got decent praise tonight, recognised that we are a bit patchwork and yet are in the top six. Suggestion that we were worth the draw but perhaps not the win, for me there’s tonnes of games like that in this division but nothing to dwell on. 

Only thing I didn’t get was Wells MOTM. Not for me by a long way! 

No, Vyner, Nagy and Bakinson all comfortably ahead of him in that queue.

30 minutes ago, supercidered said:

They also talked up Harvey Elliott like he was the second coming FFS. 

Yes he is 17, yes he is a good player but practically knocking one out about him because he asked for a 5 yard pass back to him from older player is a bit much for me.

They did the same with Will Hughes when he was 17 and he hasn't really improved much since then , peaked early. 

9 hours ago, lenred said:

Thought Don Goodman spoke very well about us actually.  

He always does. He’s a very well balanced commentator. As the last few mins approached other guy mentioned that Blackburn had an impressive record of scoring late goals.....Goodman came out with “and so do Bristol City”. I really liked that!

9 hours ago, lenred said:

Thought Don Goodman spoke very well about us actually.  

Yeah, decent knowledge of our issues and knows the way we set up and play and where we need to improve. Bear in mind this is the third time we've been on and the first for Blackburn? They are naturally going to focus on Blackburn rather than regurgitate the same old shite about us. People get over sensitive about it I think. We play a very cagey game and aren't a great side to watch at the moment, I think we all agree on that point regardless of who we blame for it, so why would we expect Sky to go mad over us?

This was the first time I've watched City on Sky this season and I thought they were quite fair. We played well but in the 2nd half the commentators mentioned that  they were far more sharp in the final third . 

They did mention throughout the game that neither teams keepers had made saves that weren't expected from them. They did focus more on their attacking players but being the highest scorers in the league you don't blame them.

Despite the seemingly negative comments on Twitter about the Sky commentary, I actually really enjoyed it. Blackburn are a decent team, we just happened to deal with their threat effectively last night.

As picked up on some other comments, the co-commentator was well balanced and actually had done his homework on us.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

He always does. He’s a very well balanced commentator. As the last few mins approached other guy mentioned that Blackburn had an impressive record of scoring late goals.....Goodman came out with “and so do Bristol City”. I really liked that!

My gripe was more with main commentator and actual punditry. Don Goodman is a true asset to Sky I think and EFL.

19 minutes ago, 2015 said:

My gripe was more with main commentator and actual punditry. Don Goodman is a true asset to Sky I think and EFL.

It’s no surprise that most of us can’t remember what the main commentators name is but we all know Don Goodman. 

He really is a top class pundit.

Archived