IGNORED

Nagy

cidercity

Very very good player. Covers so much of the pitch and reading of the game and anticipation of play very impressive.

I genuinely think he came to the club and started brilliantly, found the adjustment to living here quite difficult, could not get above 80% fit and became quite disillusioned/despondent.

The run of games he is on now though is probably the true player. Played himself into form and getting through some high quality work for us.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Very very good player. Covers so much of the pitch and reading of the game and anticipation of play very impressive.

I genuinely think he came to the club and started brilliantly, found the adjustment to living here quite difficult, could not get above 80% fit and became quite disillusioned/despondent.

The run of games he is on now though is probably the true player. Played himself into form and getting through some high quality work for us.

I watched his first game at Birmingham, he was the best player on the pitch, I knew then we had a player. To many people quick to slag him off.

14 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Walsh and Williams may have to earn their place as Nagy did. Nagy a quality player and should continue in side as gives 100% every game he plays. 

Spot on.

What exactly has Walsh ever done to justify starting ahead of Nagy, certainly nothing in a city shirt.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure I read on this very forum that he was rubbish not that long back, only ever fit for international games, and when he did play, he offered little.

But that post was probably made by someone who was coached exclusively by 'Pembo'.

I’ll stand up say that I was obviously one of those who was a loud dissenting voice. 

I had 2 main criticisms of Nagy. 
1) He ran too much. By this, I mean he’s got such high energy levels he often over committed, or closed down areas where he wasn’t supposed to go, and lose his shape discipline. 
2) He often acted like the ball was a hot potato and couldn’t get a touch or a pass, particularly when facing his own goal he didn’t seem to have any composure when under pressure. 

On both of these points he’s really improved on in the last few weeks. 
I’m definitely much more impressed now that he’s not haring off all over the pitch leaving holes in the middle. That was the biggest issue for me, and he’s cut it out, so hats off for improving. 
He said himself in his interview when he joined that he needed to run more intelligently, and not chase the ball everywhere, so hopefully he’s now learnt that he looks a much better player for it. 

Yep. I was one who though he was a ‘lightweight’. 

However, he truly has amazed me this season. He is really dogged. The number of 50:50 situations he wins is unbelievable. A very clever footballer. Uses every bit of his physicality and skill to maximum effect.

Becoming an absolute joy to watch and a critical team component.. Bravo Nagy. 

Just now, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

What exactly has Walsh ever done to justify starting ahead of Nagy, certainly nothing in a city shirt.

Walsh was never 100% fit when LJ played him so we can’t judge his true ability on just a few games. We’ll only know when he becomes available again how talented he is. He certainly tore up L1 last season at Coventry and was their PotY.

Nagy is becoming the player that LJ originally signed  and he was immense tonight and if Bakinson can stay fit I imagine those two will be staters from here on in. 

Both Williams and Walsh will struggle to force their way in to starting 11.

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Where is Harry then? Full it when he apparently recommends Watkins et al to City but obviously not that good at spotting a player

I’ve made plenty of positive Nagy comments in the last few weeks. Now that he deserves it, I’ll praise him. Prior to 6 weeks ago, he hadn’t shown me anything. 

And yes, Watkins was a recommendation. What of it? 

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure I read on this very forum that he was rubbish not that long back, only ever fit for international games, and when he did play, he offered little.

But that post was probably made by someone who was coached exclusively by 'Pembo'.

On this point, I'd like to point out that we have a real gem in Massengo.

Out of favour at the moment apparently, but he is a "real player".  When he slips in Wells for the playoff final winner, I promise not to say "Told you so".

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Spot on fella, he was a waste of a transfer fee and needed to be moved on according to so many on here 12 months ago - the lad can play, and he will move on to greater things for big money, sadly.

Archived