IGNORED

Tommy Rowe - my MOTM tonight

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Super performance, up and back, won his tussles, stood his man up without diving in.  What a free transfer.  Gonna get some minutes by the looks of it if Dasilva is out for any period of times.

Rowe, Vyner, Bakinson, Nagy all did very well. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wells had a good game too.....looked a threat.

Worked really hard at tracking back also, pretty sure this wasn’t what he signed up for, but did it excellently, Nyambe has caused us real problems in the past.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Super performance, up and back, won his tussles, stood his man up without diving in.  What a free transfer.  Gonna get some minutes by the looks of it if Dasilva is out for any period of times.

Is Dasilva out for some time?  Not seen this mentioned.

Irrespective of the above, Rowe is twice the player of Dasilva.  I've always said it.

Rowe would be my second player on the team sheet after.....

43 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Is Rowe out of contract in the summer or is there an option for another year?

No, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he got offered one.  If you’ve met the guy or heard him interview he is a future coach / manager in the making.  Intelligent guy.

53 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Is Dasilva out for some time?  Not seen this mentioned.

Irrespective of the above, Rowe is twice the player of Dasilva.  I've always said it.

Rowe would be my second player on the team sheet after.....

DH said on radio shins (again) and scan gone off to consultant in London... he seems to have reoccurring issues with shin injuries. DH was quite cagey pre match ( understandable) re this when asked.  DH mentioned return of players in New Year..

They said on Sky in midweek that he has already exceeded 450 league games in his career, he is 32 so that is some availability record.

Been a superb signing, naturally he is really a left sided midfielder but has played more games for us at LB than Dasilva has in the same period, as well as a couple filling in at LCB & very few actually in midfield.

Top professional.

On 09/12/2020 at 22:27, GrahamC said:

Kalas for me but some excellent displays from the back 4 (all of them) & from the central midfield two.

Kalas seems t have learnt how to jump and hang in the air now. The last few games I've really noticed how much higher he gets than the forward.

15 minutes ago, grifty said:

Kalas seems t have learnt how to jump and hang in the air now. The last few games I've really noticed how much higher he gets than the forward.

Rene Gilmartin said both he & Mariappa, who certainly aren’t the tallest for central defenders, both possess good “spring”.

If you are old (like me) you remember Donnie Gillies did, too. Someone else who wasn’t tall, but could leap to compensate.

Kalas is an interesting one, he isn’t the tallest, not the quickest (though he certainly is not slow), his distribution is good, but not great, but when it all comes together (his reading of defensive situations is excellent) & he gets into a decent run of games, he is a brilliant player.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Rene Gilmartin said both he & Mariappa, who certainly aren’t the tallest for central defenders, both possess good “spring”.

If you are old (like me) you remember Donnie Gillies did, too. Someone else who wasn’t tall, but could leap to compensate.

Kalas is an interesting one, he isn’t the tallest, not the quickest (though he certainly is not slow), his distribution is good, but not great, but when it all comes together (his reading of defensive situations is excellent) & he gets into a decent run of games, he is a brilliant player.

Donnie was great at that. Another one who had no right to win as many headers as he did was Joe Bryan.

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They said on Sky in midweek that he has already exceeded 450 league games in his career, he is 32 so that is some availability record.

Been a superb signing, naturally he is really a left sided midfielder but has played more games for us at LB than Dasilva has in the same period, as well as a couple filling in at LCB & very few actually in midfield.

Top professional.

Absolutely - appears an absolute dream of a pro

I think me or you Graham could manage a squad of a Tommy Rowes and do ok

As much as anything , Ive really enjoyed players like Wilbs , Wagstaff and Rowe at the Club in recent years - so good to see top pros at work , renews my faith in the game

I really hope that , like Wilbs , in return Rowe is enjoying every moment , as I guess he didn’t foresee himself fighting at the top end of the Championship at this stage of his career - I think I’m more pleased for him than anyone , thoroughly deserved 

24 minutes ago, grifty said:

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

CoVid May have warped the mind but I thought Kalas’s mother was a high jumper ?

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Matty Hill had some leap on him.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

I think he's always been able to do it to be honest. 

There was that tweet a while back from the club that a high jumper responded to. See if I can find it. 

1 hour ago, grifty said:

I’ve noticed this. He leaps so high, but sometimes too high as the striker backs into him and he ends up hurting himself on the landing. Didn’t he hurt his shoulder like this?

Archived