IGNORED

Tonight's gripe...

Silvio Dante

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Sounded like it was being played at the ground but apparently not. 

The artificial crowd noise is played in the stadium in the EFL...

To those of you who may have wondered, yes we can hear the crowd noise inside Ashton Gate. And not just during the 90 minutes, either.

After the players had made their way down the tunnel for their half-time oranges, a rendition of ‘Red Army’ treated those in attendance, playing throughout the interval.

With the substitutes out to warm-up, perhaps the injection of the popular chant inspired Diedhiou & co ahead of their late rally...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rooney-diedhiou-link-up-martins-4725766

....anyone else cringe at the chants being played over the tannoy?

Kinnel....it's monotonous and annoying.

That's what we actually sound like on match day.???

Really hate the singing corner...it all sounds manufactured and like Simon Cowbell has got his mitts on it.

I hope when fans return we get rid of it and allow a natural atmosphere to occur.

When passion saps through our veins, the Gate rocks...but imo, it's now become diluted and manufactured.

The crowd noises prove that...just listen to it. It's recordings...that's what we sound like.

It's like Reading if not worse. ?

9 minutes ago, miser said:

Having watched a few games from Bundesliga 2 where there's silence in an echo ridden stadium, I like a bit of background noise, but it just blends in.

I can't help but think the noise coming from the tannoy has an effect on the players.

Seriously...is there anyone that finds it, for want of a better word, arousing?

It's mind numbingly boring..it feels like someone is drilling a hole in your head.

If I had to play in that, I'd go nuts.

Sound affects how people react.

Would anyone react positively to that?

I can't help but think its a contributory fact to how we play at home...bland.

I'd try it in silence

If you're watching through Sky Sports, you sometimes have the choice of crowd noise or not, depending on which channel you choose.

Tonight it was the main game, and I think I had it on Sky Sports Football, which had the crowd noise. As it was the main game it is also shown on Main Event, which is where you get the red button options, and that channel is usually no crowd noise -  just whats going on in the ground.

Can't remember hearing crowd noise on the red button games.

If we are ever the main game though, you have different audio options for different channels.

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

I can't help but think the noise coming from the tannoy has an effect on the players.

It's mind numbingly boring..it feels like someone is drilling a hole in your head.

I'd try it in silence

I've kind of assumed that the broadcaster adds the noise. Don't think it's apparent at the game. Anyway our PA ain't up to it - ask Robbored?

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd try it in silence

I was under the impression that the fake crowd noise was for the "benefit" of the TV viewer and there is no noise pumped through speakers in the ground ?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....anyone else cringe at the chants being played over the tannoy?

Kinnel....it's monotonous and annoying.

That's what we actually sound like on match day.???

Really hate the singing corner...it all sounds manufactured and like Simon Cowbell has got his mitts on it.

I hope when fans return we get rid of it and allow a natural atmosphere to occur.

When passion saps through our veins, the Gate rocks...but imo, it's now become diluted and manufactured.

The crowd noises prove that...just listen to it. It's recordings...that's what we sound like.

It's like Reading if not worse. ?

People need to stand up and sing then instead of sitting on their hands all game , I’m not a fan of having standing fans shoved in the corner but they are the only ones who make any noise 

10 hours ago, spudski said:

I'd try it in silence

Play some pheckin Rammstein,  or better still Mastodon! ??

14 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

People need to stand up and sing then instead of sitting on their hands all game , I’m not a fan of having standing fans shoved in the corner but they are the only ones who make any noise 

I'd rather have it quiet than a monotonous drone...just for the sake of it.

I know the corner was set up with good intention, but imo, it's made the atmosphere worse. Fans don't bother at all now in other parts of the ground.

It's noise for noise sake...it doesn't make it better. Same for blasting music before a game...that doesn't build an atmosphere, it actually subdues it.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'd rather have it quiet than a monotonous drone...just for the sake of it.

I know the corner was set up with good intention, but imo, it's made the atmosphere worse. Fans don't bother at all now in other parts of the ground.

It's noise for noise sake...it doesn't make it better. Same for blasting music before a game...that doesn't build an atmosphere, it actually subdues it.

I get your point but if the other parts of the ground created the atmosphere you are on about then there wouldn’t be an issue , whatever people think of the drone from s82 at least they make some noise

Archived