IGNORED

Nakhi Wells

sglosbcfc

What a shift he put in tonight, more like a defensive midfielder at times. He deserved his SKY MOTM in my opinion for his determination and work rate. I also thought Nagy was sensational in the first 45 minutes. Credit to Holden for his substitutions as well, clever management to see the game out.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s really competitive and likes winning.  Good trait.  Pissy when subbed, I like that.

Yep, also with his career scoring record he is annoyed to come off when he hasn’t scored.

Bit unlucky with the shot across the keeper from Vyner’s long pass but he played for the team last night.

Technically good too, decent first touch & user of the ball.

Seems odd to play Nahki out wide and COD through the middle when COD could not hit the side of a house from 3 feet and Wells is a proven goalscorer at this level.  Both put in a decent shift though.

Dangerous game to bring on all those defenders to see the game out when in my view, you should bring on midfielders to block up the centre to ensure that your opponent's get nowhere near your defence.

Nice to see Fam slot one in though and very happy with 3 points which I I'm again not really convinced that we deserved.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s really competitive and likes winning.  Good trait.  Pissy when subbed, I like that.

I agree, it comes across more as he's annoyed with himself that he feels he hasn't played well enough or done enough so is being taken off rather than a "this manager doesn't know what he's doing, I wish I stayed at QPR" reaction.

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Nakhi played well, but somehow needs to be played more centrally.  On a sidenote, he had a quiet game by his standards, but Armstrong looks the real deal, can defintely see him in the Prem in due course?

I thought Armstrong looked pretty average last night, so greedy, just ignored his teammates. Obviously he's scored a lot this season so he must be pretty good but last night I thought he let his team down.

Would like to see us revert to 352 at the weekend with Fam and Nakhi up top giving Antoine rest and dropping COD back into midfield with the remit to do the defending Nakhi was doing last night..need more chanxces dropping to Nakhi and 352 seems a better shape to achieve that. Excellent work by both Nakhi and COD for the goal last night allied to their all round display.

Archived