IGNORED

The Defence

Davefevs

When you consider quite a few of our goals conceded this season have been silly mistakes, Moore v Boro, Vyner a few losses of concentration, Kalas v QPR, we are much more resilient in defence in the main.

6C68E79E-DF26-4F75-BB21-58C0544F87F5.thumb.jpeg.954ec6ce03a53185443572aaf20b65a0.jpeg

Six clean sheets in the league so far, we only had 10 all last season.  Not just down to keepers, but we finally look like a decently drilled unit without the ball.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When you consider quite a few of our goals conceded this season have been silly mistakes, Moore v Boro, Vyner a few losses of concentration, Kalas v QPR, we are much more resilient in defence in the main.

6C68E79E-DF26-4F75-BB21-58C0544F87F5.thumb.jpeg.954ec6ce03a53185443572aaf20b65a0.jpeg

Six clean sheets in the league so far, we only had 10 all last season.  Not just down to keepers, but we finally look like a decently drilled unit without the ball.

That's what they sa, if you don't concede you are always liable o nick a goal..........we are living proof !

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes we do. It’s not just the GJ mother in the goal, it’s all around decent no frills defending, however we play. 

Vyner looks good with Kalas. I like it. 

37 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes we do. It’s not just the GJ mother in the goal, it’s all around decent no frills defending, however we play. 

Vyner looks good with Kalas. I like it. 

Was just looking at some data, I knew Zak had played every minute of every league and cup match, and wondered if he was the only one.  But there are a few by the looks of it.  Outfield players, Grimmer (Wycombe), Hutchinson (Millwall), Morrison and Nelson (Cardiff)....but none of them played 3 cup matches too, they all only played one!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was just looking at some data, I knew Zak had played every minute of every league and cup match, and wondered if he was the only one.  But there are a few by the looks of it.  Outfield players, Grimmer (Wycombe), Hutchinson (Millwall), Morrison and Nelson (Cardiff)....but none of them played 3 cup matches too, they all only played one!

The kid is awesome. 

The whole team are good in defensive, Nagy the player we did not have before. Wells, Martin, Semenyo all of them helps in defensive. Kalas and Vyner works good together. Hunt and Rowe, warriors written in their face and think in Bentley we have one of the best keepers in the leauge. If we can keep up the good working in defence the points are coming in. Not Always so nice to look at when we play but defence is what a team are built of.

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

The whole team are good in defensive, Nagy the player we did not have before. Wells, Martin, Semenyo all of them helps in defensive. Kalas and Vyner works good together. Hunt and Rowe, warriors written in their face and think in Bentley we have one of the best keepers in the leauge. If we can keep up the good working in defence the points are coming in. Not Always so nice to look at when we play but defence is what a team are built of.

Couldn't agree more. City looked so well drilled and solid defensively. It's been a strength all season, but I thought even better last night. Big credit to the manager.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think the shape has improved drastically since the Norwich defeat where we looked a shambles at the back. During commentary for the following game it was mentioned that  Big Sam had rung Holden after the Norwich game and they had spoken at some length. I guess DH was given some decent advice re defensive shape including the midfield holding their positions. If so that advice is paying big dividends as we do look a lot more solid. I had no doubts going into the last 20 minutes last night that we would not concede (apart from when Wells went off as he had just had a great 15 mins defensively).

I need some humble pie regarding this back 4. I really thought it’d make us less sturdy (than using a 5) but as I sat and watched last night, I realised I was confident that Hunt, Kalas, Vyner and Rowe would do there jobs. Add in Nagy (though all outfield players did their defensive duties very well) and we looked solid. Attack clicked as well and we created good chances. It really was a stellar performance. Clean sheets could mean a very good season...

Archived