IGNORED

Paolo Rossi RIP

exAtyeoMax

7 hours ago, Super said:

First world cup i can remember was 1982. The game against Brazil was fantastic. RIP Sir. Top player.

Same. 
Spain 1982 is one of my earliest memories and the players and games from that tournament are etched in my brain. 
Rossi was therefore one the first players I’d really known outside of these shores. RIP Paolo. 

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Same. 
Spain 1982 is one of my earliest memories and the players and games from that tournament are etched in my brain. 
Rossi was therefore one the first players I’d really known outside of these shores. RIP Paolo. 

Yep Rossi HT along with the Marco Tardelli goal won't ever be forgotten.

I barely remember the 1974 final, the likes of Gerd and Hansi Muller vaguely in my mind and more so than Beckenbauer and that big mop of a hair do in goal Sepp whatsisface... I do remember the pale blue and white ticker tape of 78 and Mario Kempes with his long locks flowing wildly as he celebrated with summersaults but 1982 was different; 1982 was the first world cup in my life in that I could not and did not leave the room for in all of its 90 minutes. I was mesmerised by the ducking and diving, the little one twos and the little jinxes performed by Paulo Rossi. He was my first football idol from beyond these shores and he opened a sense of overseas exotica in me that has never left. Those 3 goals changed my life! At least in football terms.

Paulo Rossi WAS everything that was good about watching a football match of such importance; If you wanted someone to watch the beautiful game, someone who knew nothing about football nor had any idea of its mesmerising ability you would put them in front of the TV and ask them to watch this match. Pure magic it was. RIP Paulo. What a performance, what a player.

Archived